When are bursters getting nerfed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by simmi1717, Jun 2, 2013.

1. simmi1717

That's exactly what I mean. There is no air game anymore. Dogfighting is pretty much dead.
  2. Meeka

The only way two MAXes are taking out 6 ESFs is if those pilots are hovering or flying in a straight lines.

As for dogfighting... stay away from battles where there is going to be anti-air... fly *behind* enemy lines where all you encounter will be aircraft flying to the front lines.
  3. Meeka

No, because then instead of ESF swarms there'll be Lib swarms.

AA is there to deter Liberators far more than they are to deter ESFs. Liberators are the bigger threats, not the ESFs.
  4. Meeka

..... unless you fly behind enemy lines and intercept aircraft going to/from the battlefield.

I don't know why people think the best air game is AT the big battles, it's not... it's BEHIND them.
  5. simmi1717

Post a video of yourself doing it.
    • Up x 1
  6. simmi1717

This is my record. https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428054819602237505/killboard.

Now post your record or shut up.
  7. Marinealver

When maxes get alternatives to bursters for AA roles is when bursters should be nerfed.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. Zorro

If anything is overpowered, it is bursters. At the VR training, do you see the size of those flak explosives? Damage and possibly range need to be drastically reduced. MAXes should be only a makeshift solution compared to turrets or Skyguards.
    • Up x 1
  9. Khyrin

Problem with flying behind enemies lines is, that only works for some time, either people start to hunt you or you have to resupply very fast, also you are in permanent danger of being intercepted yourself while you are fighting by additional stranglers.

You just proved that you are a few apples short in your bushel.
    You surely can't claim being a good pilot, with your flight time you can't even claim being a pilot at all, unless you have additional characters you didn't present yet. Watching videos is nice and dandy but prove for nothing and teaches you just the framework of how things work, or might work.

Flying with Radar is semi pointless, except for yourself, there is that since called Scout Radar flash, has 100 meter radius (more then enough for ground units) is easier to hide, easier to replace and cheaper. Flares on the other hand save you from being shredded by a bazillion lockon launchers.

Flying with stealth has is upsides, but only when you are hunting enemies on high altitude behind enemy lines, in every battle that has AA they will find you anyway, by your engines sound or when you open fire, they just follow they trail of rockets/bullets you leave. Otherwise you are better of with composite to reduce flak damage you take or nanite repair to reduce the downtimes between assaults.

Maybe you should actually fly some more before you start talking out of your hind quarter.
    I don't claim to be a top gun pilot, but i sure can say that i got more experience flying on all factions seperatly then you combined.
  10. GSZenith

Why nerf bursters and leave the true ace air killer alone? so tired dying to these op %&%&%

[IMG]

and /%&/(/)

[IMG]
    almost forgot

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  11. joe smo

I was just part of some "libby spam" the TR tossed the VS today, it took less then 30 secs of shelling before the libs were hit by ZOE AA and Lancers, by the time (about 5 mins latter) the VS got their ESF's their it was to late... 99% of the libs that came were shot down / driven away by the ground and the VS pilots ended up dieing to me and other mossy's (or as i would like to put it the only survivors) that accompanied the libs short trip.
  12. FIN Faravid

They are biggest ****ers of them all
  13. ent|ty

Hopefully never. Though I hate AA, I understand the necessity of their current power.
    I know first hand, even after blasting away continuously over 1 hour, that there is no shortage of air in the sky; they do fine and are numerous as wasps around their nest.

There was 5 of us on Friday night blasting away continuosly, all with ZOE, and we still barely made a dent. Galaxies everywhere, then ESFs everywhere, then Libs, no shortage at all.

I actually started to get bored there was so much to shoot at.

Yeah funny how the author 1) is very observant to count of MAXs on ground and who is shooting him personally and 2) clearly exaggerates to bolster his opinion.
  14. Czuuk

Because they are either using teamwork or shooting at bad pilots.
  15. Rhapsody

Its not the Bursters that got 'buffed' its that they new Abilities both the TR and VS have make it SEEM as if they have gotten buffed. The NC MAX on the other hand, does not get ANY buff with its ability. So.. while you 'think' the Bursters are suddenly Overpowered, and want a 'nerf'. All a nerf is going to do is hurt your own MAX even more than it already is. Because its the ABILITIES that are making Bursters 'seem' overpowered at the moment.

The TR MAX is already getting a 'fix' for this so-to-speak on the Test Server i believe, in that the Lockdown Ability cannot be used along with Burster weapons. Im curious to know if they are doing something similar with the VS ZOE ability. And of course, doesn't matter what they do with the NC ability.. as it completely negates any 'possible' damage, as you cant shoot when you have the riot shield out. (funny how 2 factions get a damage 'bonus' ability.. while we get one that removes ALL of our damage....)

Make sure when you ask for nerfs that you look at the REAL problem (in this case the abilities combined with the weapon) Rather than jumping to the conclusion that the problem rests solely on the weapon itself.
  16. OKBuick

My sincerest apologies. I didn't realize your mastery. Your are obviously correct in your assertions that scout radar and vehicle stealth are useless. Maxing these out and using them will obviously be futile to a pilot of your skill level.

I'm also sorry I stated that a good pilot can launch his attack and be gone before anybody can think of a lock on. Please continue to use those flares. I obviously can't fool a jedi like yourself. Good pilots hover around in circles strafing the enemy... your stats have proven this.

Also another apology for mentioning the videos outlining these tactics I mentioned.... I obviously need a lot more hours in the esf to interpret these videos properly and the techniques shown. You obviously know way more than me, so the audacity of myself pointing out anything that could help you with your tactics is inexcusable.

Also nanite repair over stealth is the sign of a true warrior. Who cares if as engineer you can bug out and repair at anytime... nanite repair is the obvious choice for top caliber pilots. You will have to excuse the uneducated like myself who would think that not showing up on the enemy radar of the people shooting at you would have any value.

And on the battlefield, If I see you in your ESF I will endeavor to avoid you as I will be outmatched... and also knowing should I happen to get the best of you ... you will run to the forums to get whatever I took you down with nerfed as anything that could have downed a pilot of your talent must be unbalanced.
  17. PandoraAce

This post amused me, and I don't get amused easily. Here, have some internet respect, good sir.
    • Up x 1
  18. Sowahka

Eh, it's a difficult balance. I have a dual burster MAX and could regularly bring ESFs to VERY near death with one clip from each burster, if someone was spraying an LMG or the ESF had already taken damage then it was a very easy kill. I just bought extended magazines for both bursters... now ESFs go down like flies and I can keep bases clear of aircraft from the spawn room single handed, some ESFs can still get quick kills by skirting along the edges, but they're just killing allies that weren't contributing much to the fight anyhow.
    • Up x 2
  19. simmi1717

I never said anything about using scout radar or vehicle stealth at all. You are confusing me with someone else. I'm the OP who you assumed sucks as a pilot.
  20. chrisbeebops

AA must be devastating to aircraft, just as aircraft is devastating to ground forces.

If you are getting killed by a group of bursters, move up your armor and infantry to take them out. The days of aircraft parking over a base and obliterating everything in sight unmolested is over. If you are in an aircraft and are getting killed by a single burster, then you are a bad pilot. You move far faster than any ground based AA, just fly away and break LOS.

One of my favorite things to do in this game is to play burster max on a tower defense. I'll blow up bad ESF pilots all day long and I'll thank you for all of the free certs you gave me. Most of them will be hovering over a base for a good while before I start unloading on them, and will continue gleefully hovering and absorbing flak until they explode. There will be plenty of enemy infantry swarming in and around the tower and yet rarely do they bother to come after me. Pretty easy to C4 burster MAXs when they are spending all of their time looking up at the sky instead of their surroundings. Yet the only time I find myself running for cover is when I've run out of ammo.
    • Up x 1