What's the big issue with 0.75 ADS?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Talthos, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Armcross

What you mean is
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  2. ValorousBob

WTF are you smoking? The devs had blatantly said that the starter weapons are supposed to be good. The other weapons you unlock are supposed to be "side-grades" AKA not better than the starter weapons, just different. What the devs SHOULD do is make the MSW-R and the Anchor the default weapons for their respective faction.

And no, the Orion doesn't beat the MSW-R in stats.
  3. Shaggath

It's simple you not avoid physically bullet by dodging you dodge because server can handle rightly quick strafe and not registered all shoot.
    You don't avoid you EXPLOIT SERVER LIMIT.
    You can do that when running too but you can't shoot.
    First zoe was like that *1000.
    0.75 ads is like that too, why try to aim in a fps when you can giggle and spray on target.
    You can change all with 0.3/0.5 to give orion avantage but without server limit is not really and advantage.

At the time the question is you want to reward aim or giggle ..... into a fps.
    I know you are purple with disco ball and you love giggle but Planetside is a not a dance party game.

You can try irl with paintball go in center of the pit make little strafe on each step "left right left right and try to shoot doing that with down sight ...
    • Up x 1
  4. Saokeh

Yes it does beat the MSW-r Lol. Better k/d, similar to better hsr. and accuracy is pretty close, but you are talking about very new players picking it up.

Second Compare the other starting weapons if they are suppose to be "good" Yeah when the T9 Carv was a monster it was on par with the Orion. Got nerfed, now its subpar. And don't even get me started on the Gause Saw with new players in the mix. Stats wise Orion beats all, period. Even when its skewed by BR 1's
    • Up x 2
  5. Talthos

My god... what have I started here? Ugh... whatever.

Personally, I'm going to list issues that I'm fairly certain are creating a misleading sense of what needs to be fixed:

- Hit detection is still flaky, unreliable, and unstable. At best, you'll still be able to kill a player. At worst, HE tank rounds will be missing their targets due to not registering.

- Past a certain level, you actually get a larger playing advantage with high latency, which utterly defeats the purpose of connecting to a server closest to you.

- Combine high latency and the questionable hit detection, and you end up with a playing field that brutally punishes weapons that either fire slowly, reload slowly, or have a small ammo capacity. Naturally, this means that VS and TR currently have the biggest advantage, while the NC will struggle the most; the highest damage-per-shot means very little to the NC if a large number of their shots never register.

The way I see it, if the hit detection problems and high latency bias are not addressed, then we're never going to get an accurate sense of game balance and faction performance.

...And now I just thought of a different question. Excluding the public test server, does DBG even have an internal "developer test server"? Something akin to a LAN set up that would allow the developers to observe how Planetside 2 behaves in an "ideal" server environment, and compare it to the public version.
    • Up x 1