What's the big issue with 0.75 ADS?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Talthos, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Taemien

I wish I had a second harddrive, that way I could shadowplay my sessions. I'd be able to show where all my deaths from Orions come not from me being able to hit the user (.75 ADS helps survivability). But because I heard the 'zap' sound and went dead (meaning its accuracy and dps are strong).

But those of you who do like to do recordings, feel free to show those times where you got edged out by the Orion due to the firer moving while shooting.

But at the end of the day, I think they should remove the .75 ADS from all weapons. It'll stop the whining at least. Well it'll move to something else.
  2. Saokeh

No... here's the thing with you trying to make those too accurate. It's a 750 143 weapon. You would again be knocking out the viability of mid to long range lmgs. Making those same guns the only ones vs will use. If you want to talk accuracy have DB look at the Ursa.
    • Up x 1
  3. Necron

Um, 0.75 ADS (Aim Down Sights) is movement speed while scoped relative to hipfire and has ZERO to do with accuracy. If you are going to argue against a nerf at least know what your talking about.
  4. Talthos

Ugh, you people all seem to be avoiding the ONE stat that would make a more tangible performance impact for the Orion at the ranges people are complaining about; rate of fire.

The devs could turn that stat down just a little tiny bit, and that would have more tangible effects than accuracy, hipfire, or 0.75 ADS changes. Seriously; even I think the Orion fires just a bit too quickly. It's practically an oversized SMG, the way it performs.
  5. ValorousBob

Why give in to the whining though? Why can't DBG for once just tell people to "git gud"/grow the **** up?
    • Up x 3
  6. Plastikfrosch

Take the flare. It has access to extended magazines and gets 150rpm with 167dps. It has a great acuracy and it has softpoint and HV ammo.
  7. Talthos

You seem to have missed the other statement I made to another guy who suggested that; the Flare has awful recoil. The Polaris has everything I want and love in an LMG, except for an Extended Magazine.

It's the only LMG I've ever gotten to Auraxium level, actually. I just can't force myself to use the other LMGs; I love my Polaris too much.
  8. SamReye

My thoughts on Orion being more accurate, .5 ADS:

I had to be the guy.
  9. MarkAntony

because then all the bads would be upset and you know as well as me that that is the majority in this game.
  10. placeholder22

0.75 ADS speed is about as OP as "No bullit derp" on VS guns.

t. Hipfiring LA
  11. Taemien

Its not so much giving in. Its more so giving people what they think they want so they can see how bad it is, and how bad they actually are. Trust me, the VS doesn't need the ADS mod on the Orion, they'll do just as well (if not better) with the changes.

But weapon balance isn't needed. The problem is elsewhere.
  12. FocusLight

Striker needs a nerf because it's to good? git gud.
    Harasser needs a nerf? git gud.
    PPA needs a nerf? git gud.
    Phoenix needs to not one-shot infantry all the time? git gud.
    Ravens are absurd and needs a nerf? git gud.
    Fractures are to good and needs a nerf? git gud.
    ZOE is a monster that drove of hundreds to maybe even thousands of players? git gud.

Imagine if SOE/DBG had followed your advice, mr.Vanu-who-ofc-thinks-there-is-no-issue-with-the-0.75mobility-on-his-guns.

I'd still have my Striker and you would still be unable to fly anywhere near Republic territories, or drive anything in range of us. When you ask this to get changed, what will I tell you?

"Stop crying about a non-issue and get good, you sub-par player who clearly suck because you can't drive faster or fly faster than my homing rockets."

I'll try to remember this and if you ever complain about the Vulcan Harassers many TR use, I'll just go shove my own version of your own childish message down your throat: "Adapt or die, you incompetent scrub."
  13. Scorpion97

Although you disagree on DBG to te people to hit gud,you got the same mistaken identity
  14. Liewec123

hipfire lets you dodge around but punishes accuracy,
    ADS lets you aim better but punishes your ability to dodge,
    .75 ADS lets you both aim and dodge.
  15. Scorpion97

Wow!so you guys aren't only complaining about .75 ads on Orion but also its dps,this now confirms that you only aren't looking for balance problems,but obsessed with needing VS

You know what's??how about deleting the whole faction from the game???this will make the game more balanced,let's be honest,you want to kick the VS out of the game becouse they simply carry most annoying traits,but you are just hiding it
  16. Scorpion97

17. Collin

Orion and the Beetle is way OP and you know that Scopion.

These guns are better in every respect than any other LMG. It has the ROF and even unlimited AMMO. These guns are so out of whack not like the good old ZOE but close to it. I really thought when i saw the beetle the first time now the devs really threw the balance all over the board.

They need to get nerfed hard! Stats say so players say so devs say so

Get used to it
  18. xMaxdamage

jeezus what's so hard to understand about how 0.75 is so strong?

you know why laser sights exist in this game? to be able to hipfire more.
    and you know why you want to be able to hipfire more? movement SPEED.
    and why you want movement speed? because it makes you HARDER TO BE DAMAGED

stop pretending you don't understand this lol, I'm a MCG and Lasher user and ADAD spam using my weapons' better hipfire effectiveness is the only thing that "nerfs" enemy dps to my tiers.
  19. placeholder22

What the Orion needs more than anything is SPA. Why no SPA on Orion? I don't give a rats behind about 0.75 and think it's the second most overhyped thing ever (after no "bulit derp")
  20. Scorpion97

Seriously,there isn't a SINGLE vanu weapon that people didn't contain about before

Most popular 3:
    PPA was spammy then they nerfed its clip from 50 to 20 and everybody at that time agreed that it balanced it,yet,more tears showed resulted in overnerfing the PPA

ZOE was yes a beast ability but don't try and convince me that it's better than the aegis shield plus the lockdown deployment got buffed.yet,they turned the ZOE into a self weakening system

What you guys don't know is that VS is suffering from your LMGs as much as you suffering from ours

And now the LMGs??come on guys?you all know pretty damm well why VS use the Betelgeuse frequently(and don't complain about unlimited ammo becouse it's a VS trait) besides,TR have 3 750 rpm LMGs(2 of them with SPA) while VS have only 2 and without SPA even.overall,VS have nothing to compete with other than SVA,Orion or BG,of course they deserve to be OP,otherwise,what will VS play with?