Whats happening to the Phoenix, w/ statements from Higby.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LordMondando, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Revanmug

Congratulation for killing a br6 that didn't had nanoweave which would have made him easily survive the HS.

That alone is the only reason the Phoenix is a better sniper rifle at 250m+. It lose in lower distance since it's close enough to make followed shots for the snipers.
  2. TheRealMetalstorm

I posted that video jokingly.
    FFS, get that sand out of your vaj.
  3. Czuuk

People put too much stock in public test servers. Generally, you won't get enough participation to warrant the cost of operating them.
  4. LordMondando

Works fairly well for a range of other MMO's.

They don't need people to play as they would on their 'real' characters. Just enough to notice obviously gamebreaking bugs.

Lots of stuff like the current Attachments UI bug, or bugs in the water textures would of at least been noticed had a test server been used to screen the updated build before it went lived.

When it comes down to it, the best thing the test server affords the dev team is a far greater range of systems on which to test the build.

If everyone played just 30 minutes on one every fortnight it would be roaring success.

I'm working on setting up a test outfit, to do at least 30 mins every week, that has the cooperation of a fair bit of Miller at this point.

Remember: For every ***** and moan thread on forum side, there at least 1.2 x people who actually enjoy the game and want to see it succeed.
  5. drNovikov

I'd rather had it's infantry damage reduced rather than some weird camera effect obscuring my view.
  6. Czuuk

More than that. Look at the difference between the number of posts and the number of views. And then remember that only a percentage of players actually look at the forums.
    • Up x 1
  7. Eugenitor

This is a dumb argument, though. Some people don't post on these forums (they go to r*ddit or PS Universe), and the majority don't post on any forum at all. They just go "This is BS" and go play something else, especially if they haven't sunk any money into it.
  8. Major

People who take over bases, park their sundy's in "hidden" places, it may be found, then you put engy's on it, while the rest move in on the base, you push the defenders back to the spawn room, cap point, move sundy closer if you can.

Lots of places to stategically place them, gully's, ravines, under bridges, undercatwalks on buldings, "other places" in rock out croppings.

People shooting pheonixes spawn at these places, and will take down armour, tanks, turrets, players, then if they want to take the point they must move in, if thye do not and sty back, they will get killed by an armour rush, air, libbys, beacon droppers, snipers, squad drops, organized enemy infanrty assult.

Happens all the time, multilple times last night and I was only on, soloing for about an hour.

Dunno what game all the complainers are playing, but this is how it happens on the front lines.
  9. LordMondando

That does not concur with the recent activity of the servers, nor the views of the main page. Hell Woodman came back to life last week or so.

Are there big problems, yeap. Name an MMO without them.

But the whole game is dying thing, just boring now.
    • Up x 1
  10. HadesR

All I worry about knowing forumside is that ... For all purposes the NV cam could make it next to impossible to kill infantry ... But if one skilled player dares to kill one infantry with it all we will get is

" OMG nerf it "

Hope after its changed SOE go buy their own stats and not forumside
  11. DeltaGun

Yeah I already spent one fight shooting down phoenixes. It was boring as hell. Everyone was running around killing and getting certs while I was playing whack-a-mole with 3 NC Phoenix spammers.
  12. Czuuk

No. What we have on the forums is the vocal minority. Most people are just playing the game.
    • Up x 1
  13. HellasVagabond

Meanwhile the Lancer has been buffed and can now 1 shot ESFs......Not to mention that many VS use it in rapid fire mode (little damage but enough to make you retreat)....
    And the TR have the Striker which can be used from above rendering distances like the MANA turret.....Nice
  14. centurionvi

Doesn't that bring back any memories?

[IMG]
  15. EvilPhd

People cry about no meta game.
    People find a meta game in a new weapon.
    Weapon is deliberately nerfed to prevent meta game.
    Rinse / Repeat.
    • Up x 2
  16. Kuklakot

The game's called "Crown: the Farmening".
  17. Major

I don't go to the crown unless we are going to go for the cap. Rather play all over the map, or on the front lines.
  18. Major

Since ducks fly, and the striker feasts on air, then shouldn't this be striker hunt.

TR nerfers need to give it a rest, seriously, ( No offence to real TR players that just play and adapt, report bugs, real issues and imbalances ).
  19. Kuklakot

Neither do I, but most of complaints seems to come from the Crown's permanent residents. The main gripe with Phoenix appears to be that you can use it to get safe kills in those purposeless standoff fights like the one happening at the Crown 24/7 and other launchers can't do that, hence Phoenix is OP. The simple fact that Phoenix can't actually deal lasting damage to the enemy infantry, since refire time is close to respawn time and one medic can out-revive a battery of Phoenix users, is meaningless to people who prioritize their K/D over anything else. In their game Phoenix is OP, even if that game isn't really the Planetside 2 everyone else is playing.
    • Up x 1
  20. Major

I see that point for crown players, but they should play PS2, squad and platoon up, then they could send out a squad of infantry and a sundy to flank and kill them, or a few libbys could most certianly do the job, or a few He/heat prowlers with AA backing them up to shoot the rockets down, flank them, this is war after all.

I was pheonix spamming at TI alloy's the day it was released, got a few kills, nothing serious, killed some VS tanks coming accross the bridge, after a while the TR got smart and a few good snipers came out to our kill spot to kill us.

People just need to play PS2, and find a way to kill the pheonix squad that is currently harassing you.

Another example, we were over watch by I forget, but high on a cliff, after 10 minutes they got smart, droped a beacon, deployed on that, squad deployed, drop podded in pushed us back, armour came up, killed our sundy and pushed us back to the bio dome.

People should play PS2, not whatever it is they are doing, and don't get me wrong, I know there were issues, rendering, it was too fast, first 100 meters used to be /meh, it's good now, people are side stepping mine, shooting it etc, I stll kill stuff, and switch launchers to fit what I am doing, but the nerfers constantly calling out for nerfs and OP is getting tiresome and old.

This goes for all factions/soliders. Report issues, stop constantly calling for everything to be nerferd, it's old imo.
    • Up x 1