What is the purpose of a visible tankmine??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dvine, Apr 18, 2013.

1. bobzebrick

Please show me where I can get blockade for my MBT or lightning.
  2. Nogrim313

but why fix a problem with the engine when they can just nerf

but seriously if this ******** is going to stick they need to one shot tanks, if your dumb enough to not use mine guard and hit one this size you deserve insta gib
  3. Nogrim313

if you can manage to get c4'ed in either of those no amount of nerfing things will ever help you
  4. Fenrisk

Not wrong. You can see the pre-nerf mines on the road from 50 meters away. If the mines dropped through the floor or didn't render to tanks before they are 10m away then making them giant slices of pizza would not fix the issue would it? you would not see the giant pizza mines till 10m away correct or not see them at all because you say they drop into the ground?

Anyone complaining about tank mines being invisible is just a new player period. I could see them fine in my sunderer when WATCHING the road. Most drivers don't look where they are going and that's their problem not mines being OP. I bet you never even used thermal vision, mineguard or bulldogs. Mines had 4 great counters to them. Only idiots didn't use them.

The fact is most of the people defending the nerf have been proven to be clueless about mines and how they work. This is the standard for stupid game discisions. Clueless noobs not knowing EXACTLY how things work in the game and the options to counter certain weapons in the game. I bet most players didn't even know thermal optics show mines up from a mile away. Pity the uninformed defend bad game changes.
    • Up x 1
  5. bobzebrick

Exactly is disproportional, it's so easy to do as LA too. I own many tanks when I play LA and heavy with C4. Yet tank mines are specifically designed to counter these vehicles and are now rendered pretty much useless at the only job they do. Not to mention C4 is also awesome for killing Max and for AI.
  6. Advanced Darkness

I totally agree. Honestly in PS1 one of the huge counters to any mines was the emp grenade or the emp burst from a command uplink device. Worked great and had to be used smart. Sure you blew up the mines in that area but when you walk in the base are there cloaked turrets? who knows. if they were in PS2 it'd be "omg a cloaked turret? OP because i cant see the turret..and i dont want to equip the sensor implant and i dont want to use an emp grenade..i just want to zerg everywhere and have the path clear for me!"
  7. Advanced Darkness

Yeah i use C4 on my engie more now and i agree if you let a non LA c4 you..heh you deserved it. Ive ran up on sundies with guys standing there and placed all 3 bricks :D. My engie is vanu and i dont have dress up doll camo colored clothes so i look like a VS. if you see a VS running at you and youre a TR you should shoot me :D. You dont have to though..id rather live long enough to blow up your sundie.
  8. Dvine

Actually by now the best way to kill sundes or pretty much any armor ingame is the AV Turret. You go and flank the sundi/tank put down your turret nice and quiet and you can explode anyone before they got time to crap their pants. No need to looser around with C4 or AT Mines
  9. Knight Hasen

I play on near minimum settings, and have seen every mine before I hit it, and I usually have enough time to reverse and shoot it. I'd rather have some fun with that instead of being able to see them from space. The only problem is when the would deploy under the dirt. Either way, I usually only use them on deployed sundys then shoot them to make them go boom. But the idea of being threatened and needing to sacrifice armor for mineguard is now gone. Both mineguard and mines (for their intended purpose) are useless. I just use them as a more powerful, shot triggered C4 .
  10. Knight Hasen

Also tank mines was one of the 4 or so things in all of PS2 NOT being whined about. Why the hell nerf them?
  11. Jex =TE=

Once you had done this 3 times, wouldn't you then fire at those spots to clear any that would be there? Or is it a case of doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?
    • Up x 1
  12. Dvine

Woha whoa mister! Are you implying that common sense and -gasp- logic should be baseline?

No no sir! Not in the house that CoD and BF3 built, not by a longshot!!!
  13. Jex =TE=

The game is going more and more down the road of catering purely for infantry, to make sure the player has as little delay as possible to getting to the battle.

Rather than SOE making their own game and taking a logical and rational look at things, making the game their own and unique, they are bowing to the infantry whiners that can't stand to be out of the action for more than 5 seconds.

My question is now - why bother keeping the current maps? You may as well condense them down to the size of COD maps as that's what this game is turning into.

Combined arms went out the window 3 patches ago (or more) - now vehicles are nothing more than a nuisance and the only reason mines got nerfed? They interfered with respawning at Sundies except SOE didn't address that!

Who the hell was complaining about mines dropped on roads?
    • Up x 1
  14. Jex =TE=

Unless your on the outside view
  15. jessic

before this patch i use to love tank mines for my engineer certain roads you use to no where the tanks drove and i use to place the mines there i use to get kill or kill assist nearly all the time, now last night i must have places 15 to 18 mines down and i had 1 kill out of them all the rest were shot by soldiers or by tanks, big wast of resources and certs now, please SOE make them either not destroyable by guns or invisible again as tank mines are now useless as so are mine guards
  16. Jex =TE=

LOL

I believe the term you are looking for is "tactics"? Or perhaps "caution" and maybe even "thinking"? Is it possible that in the future, people have these things called brains that are capable of understanding these concepts? (now the mod team will ban me again for insulting the people that have yet to be born yet in a fictional game).

Face it - you're hoping, like many here, that PS2 is going to one day be a game where we actually can employ tactics, have proper tactical fights and have different tools at our disposal. I don't think that day is going to come.
  17. Dvine

Not to mention that tank mines now coming with bulit in rollerskates... If you place them on a steeper slope they will roll down to the bottom
  18. Dvine

I've gave up on that man, all I'm hoping that Activision or EA puts out a new CoD or BF game so all the foamy mouthed helmet wearing downie ADD kids will go back to that and stop crying here.
  19. Drengin

What I think tank mines should be:
    PS1 style
    - Deployed, NOT thrown (should be a very short deploy time)
    - Minimum radius between mines, they could be fairly close together but you could not stack them like you can now
    - Less damage (in the case of PS2 i think 1/2 or 1/3 damage would work)
    - A single engineer could place something like 10 or 15 tank mines without despawning
    - If this were changed, they should be made far cheaper, probably 1/10 the cost.

In PS1, tank mines were virtually invisible, but they didn't instapop your vehicles. Any driver that was paying attention could hit the brakes after hitting the first mine and have a good chance to survive. Also, if somehow the devs actually wanted to go this route, they should be immune to explosives. The only way to clear them should be to shoot them, EMP them, or just take the hits with mineguard.

I may be slightly biased being a sunderer driver, but they should be area-denial weapons not explosive frisbees of doom.
    • Up x 1
  20. CHDT65

A nice feature would be to be able to throw these mines like freesbees ;-)