What is the purpose of a visible tankmine??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dvine, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Jex =TE=

Well the way I see it, when you make a sequel, you take the really good things from the original game and then either refine the bad things or removes them and also add new content. What we have is a BF3 clone - never played BF3 but when I looked into it and found I could have a compensator and suppressor and sights and foregrips etc, I realised the similarities.

I also understand that the F2P model they are using probably hampers a lot of design they can put in. I understand that PS1 allowed you to pick up dead players weapons - that can't work on a F2P model where you want people to buy weapons. You could also customise your kits a lot better too and base designs were a lot more defendable, etc etc. I don't think anybody likes the base designs they have now - they filled in a couple of windows on some of the buildings but that's just like sticking ur finger in an elephants *** and expecting not to get covered in anything.

I'm wondering how many weapons people can buy before they get bored of them and once that happens, development stops or they need a different model. I see they had to bow down to PS1 lattice system because the POS hex system they introduced was so inept - in actual fact they could have just tweaked the current model and maybe made it better.
  2. {joer

Help bad players stay bad. Planetside 2 is dumbing itself down for the x-box generation.
  3. Advanced Darkness

Yeah i realized the same thing about the weapon looting but thats just weapons. PS1 was about more than which gun can i buy now. Even with a F2P model PS2 could have done alot more of the same things (and prob better) that PS1 did. Why they chose to copy another game from another genre is beyond me. I'm also not nor ever have been a BF3 player and like you i looked and asked my bro in law a few questions and yeah there are alot of things from BF3 here.

We still need more Planetside in PS2. I still hear people in platoon and outfit chat asking what if we could do this or that and most of it is still stuff we could do in Planetside 1. Its almost like an assumption was made that Planetside 1 players obvisously all went and played BF3 and obvisously didnt want revamped super improved Planetside as a sequel but instead wanted more BF / CoD.
  4. Nickhead420

This. You can see every other type of mine, but people still die to them. I'm ok with them being invisible, but they shouldn't just be dropped then. There should be a deploy time where the engineer goes through an animation of bending over and burying the mine. It could even be an option where you hit B and it changes from drop to bury. But invisible mines on 1 sec deploy is just wrong.
  5. makrome

Are they selling shovels for 2k SC next week or is that just a rumour ?
    • Up x 1
  6. Dvine

Well, following your "logic" I would propose that since "1 sec deploy" is not fine, we should have veichles that you need to assemble at bases and the driver goes through the animation of assembling them... In the name of logic and fairness ofc!

Never mind that the engi spent hundreds or thousands of certs and 75infantry resources/mine...
  7. Kookamunga

Tank mines are worthless now , I need a CERT RESET OPTION NOW!!!!!

So I can actually put Certs into things that are actually useful and have not been nerfed into oblivion!!
  8. hostilechild

I think someone at SOE got it backwards.

They said they were going to make mines unable to be exploded by gunfire/explosion so they had to be used as a stationary mine field.

Then they go and make them huge and very visible so they are useless as a pre placed minefield and then leave in the ability to shoot them to detonate. wtf?

So it looks like the DEVs and what the PR guys put out got criss-crossed.

Now if they really do make mines unexplodable, they really should give all of you your certs back. Because they just well remove them from the game. Glad i only play engineer to rep a squad max.
  9. Dvine

Ye its a preplexing change really, completely against the Highby's tweets!
  10. TWFTwilight

Just a reminder that tank mines are currently a waste of time, certs and resources.
    Even if you place them around corners and hills nobody is blind enough to drive over them, especially on Indar and Amerish