What do you do when weapon disable

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ferlinco, Jul 28, 2015.

1. \m/SLAYER\m/

only medic can use healing ability during weapon lock
  2. Jubikus

This is why i use the ballistic refire thingie on my Chaingun if i use extended mags and go for suppressing fire people just want to walk through that doorway and get plowed its a situational awareness issue where the person is just pumped and is rushing foreward not realizing that somone is just tossing rounds through the door. Solution? play NC the jackhammer is fantastic
  3. HadesR

The situational awareness lark works both ways .. The person firing through a door should be aware that it's an ermmm door and it's sole purpose is to allow people to pass through it ..

Can be annoying trying to push / recap a point while others are just playing duck hunt plinking shots aimlessly through the door without thought that people need to use the bloody thing ..
  4. Jubikus

It does indeed go both ways i think Wrel said it best in his Video covering the Mini chaingun. (14 minutes 24ish seconds in)

5. MarkAntony

this had better be sarcasm...
  6. Mustarde

Triage medic in a flash with scout radar, drive around the base honking my horn and collecting an absurd amount of XP for doing nothing
    • Up x 1
  7. HadesR

A little ;)

But by the way people act in this game with " OMG I got locked Surrrprussing " you'd believe that they think a door's only purpose is to fire through .. Sod people actually having the nerve to try to use it as a door and that they need to execute a bit of fire control ..
    • Up x 1
  8. Jubikus

Nothing? weren't you honking your horn?
    • Up x 1
  9. BlueSkies

So I've been grinding AT mine and sticky nade kills on one of my characters... I have killed an UNBELIEVABLE amount of friendlies in this process (sorry guys)... still haven't been weapons locked once since starting in beta.

What the hell are you people doing?!?!?
  10. HadesR

I got my first ever lock a few weeks ago ..

Well TBH I didn't get it .. My Spitfire did .. Went to make a coffee ,came back and a nice surprise " Hey dude it's Spitty here .. Got ya weapon locked Bro " :mad:
  11. Jubikus

I think weapon locks are based more on registered hits so constantly splashing enemys with the lasher or hitting them with alot of bullets with a chain gun will overall net you more hits toward locking your weapons than the one explosion of a sticky nade. (this is why that guy whos really mad that hes dieng because a base is super out popped by enemys and some of you stay to get some free kills from the spawn room doesnt instantly get his weapons locked when he C4s all and yells at you calling you cowards when theres no way youll make it 2 feet with that many people around your spawn....damn ******* give me a minute to have some free kills i just got crushed in the battle give me a break..)
  12. BlueSkies

Heh... love seeing some engie place a spitfire in the very middle of a teleporter room. Like dude, this is not going to work out well for you.
  13. H4YW1R3

Yeah, the Lasher got me weapons lock a couple of times. I hate the damned thing. It's too niche. Not meant for 1v1, or head to head confrontations. The only time it's worth using is firing into crowds of enemies. Which most the time means through doors, windows, or other choke points.

Anyone who has played P2 (or just about any other fps shooter) for any length of time using your basic guns know there's no lack for morons that will stand right beside a choke point and strafe right into line of fire, even when they see tracers, or plasma balls (in the Lasher's case), flying past them. It doesn't matter if you stop firing and wait. Even after taking friendly hits, the morons will do it again. The Lasher's splash damage not only hits the moron strafing, but all the other morons by the door waiting to strafe into line of fire. And the splash often hits the medics making bank from reviving/healing all the aforementioned morons.

After using both the TR's T7 Mini-Chaingun and NC's Jackhammer, I'd trade the Lasher for either, any day, a thousand times over. They're all niche to some extent, but the Lasher is the most so, even if you do not take into consideration strafing "allies" and weaponlock which narrow it's usefulness.

The Lasher is the reason I haven't completed my HA directive, even long after reaching BR100.
  14. ferlinco

lol i got no weapon lock grinding sticky even i had a fair share of tk, maybe it just the lasher... been playing 1 .5 hours today without lasher and i am fine. i dun really play ha until i need to, 1 a2a, 2. using lasher for suppressive fire, 3 av with av nade n rocket. i prefer to play eng/infil/med not much of la, i love the fact they can fly which is awesome.
  15. Jackplays17

When my weapons get locked, I either afk, push friendlies around in vehicles (Since I cant damage them), Or find a freidnly spitfire turret and stand infront of it whilst being healed by a medic ;D
  16. FeralBoy

I honestly have never been weapon locked in PS2. I was once in PS1 simply because I wanted to find out what it took to get locked lol.
    I try to not retaliate against most Tkers, not even the big outfit dumbadzes that run you over on purpose, but sometimes I admit I do TK the low br newblet VS or NC that obviously 4th faction logon to TK you when they are getting rick rolled.

I don't really get how people get weapon locked if not intentionally TKing lol... there must be some small part of you that actually enjoys it so much you can't stop pulling the trigger, even on your own side lol...
  17. Pikachu

I have never had weapon lock! >: D Despite me running over a lot of people lately with my lightning.
  18. Crator

Negative, you need to learn to stop shooting out of doors that people are trying to run through to help defense.
  19. Thardus

If all we need to do is hold the room, running out where enemies can hit you from almost any direction, and medics can't reach you, is NOT helping the defence, and simply weakening your own position.

On a similar note it'd be nice if, when we've got several allies all aiming at the same place where enemies are going to come from, if they'd stand and fire, and not mess up the lines of fire by suddenly charging madly zig-zagging towards a single enemy, who's already outnumbered five to one.
  20. Necron

I don't understand how it is MY job to stop killing people who do stupid things. Better I kill you than the enemy I say.