What do you do when weapon disable

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ferlinco, Jul 28, 2015.

1. ferlinco

I was using lasher and I get me weapon lock... before that I am using sniper weapon. After my weapon is lock I am bore and logoff and rest for the day. So if your weapon is lock, what do you do? This is not a rant, I just want to know is there anything I can do in game.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
  2. Exitus Acta Probat

Never had a weapon lock but I guess I'd be more carefull not to hit team mates afterward
    • Up x 4
  3. ferlinco

Already try very hard... while doing suppression fire people choose to run in front, I stop fire for a while and fire again when it is clear... it kind of hard LOL.
  4. Jake the Dog

push friendly infantry up to speeds of 71kph in front of my prowler.
  5. Exitus Acta Probat

Maybe you could engineer, medic or inf(dropping motion sensers and Q'ing things)

Is dropping mines disabled too?
  6. Campagne

I've never been weapon-locked myself, but whenever I want to kill time in PS2 I look at my directives, stats, certs, or use the implant mixing thing.

Alternatively you could just minimize your client and do something else for a while, or go away from your computer for a while as well.
  7. FieldMarshall

If my weapons got locked, i would heal/repair people and help out.
    Except your repair/med tool gets locked as well which makes no friggin sense.
    • Up x 3
  8. CorporationUSA

I've never had this problem. But if I did, I'd try to run people over with a wraith flash.
  9. fogartyfreaks

get into a vehicle like a esf and go find a landing platform with enemies on it and try to run them over
  10. Thardus

I decided to stop using my Lasher for the night when I got my "Last Warning". Players need to learn to stop trying to run out through doorways while on the defense.
  11. Necron

It's WAY WAY harder to do it that it used to be. I swear, I have killed so many idiots who run in front of me while I am ADS AND firing. They seam surpised that a gun that's shooting already actually kills them when they are in the line of fire, but I digress. I have yet to be locked after a year away. I had many locks back in the earlier days though.

Still not going to stop killing future Darwin Award recipients.
  12. placeholder22

Continue deservedly TKing your stupid teammates with your Vehicle :)
  13. Distortedcolor

Your first mistake was using the lasher, that thing is horrible in every way. You can pilot teammates around in one of the larger aircraft.
    • Up x 1
  14. sebastian oscar post

GET THE F*CK OFF PLANETSIDE IF ALL YOU ARE GOING TO DO IS TEAMKILL!!
  15. Demigan

The lock system seems haphazard. Many people never had it, but I've once gotten it quickly after logging in, by hitting 2 people who ran in front off me. That was all it took, two people who got hit for about 50% of their health in a hail of SMG fire.

I've also gotten locks when tanking. I manage to bring a tank into a base and break an hour-long standoff at a chokepoint, but people like to jump in front of your shells while you are pushing the enemy back, then you try to move away, and a ton of people will simply try to jump over your tank while you are carefully inching your way out... killing half a dozen players who pay you no heed and get crushed underneath.

Hell, I've been locked for bumping into other vehicles after some engagements. When I've locked down one side of a Spawnroom sometimes a group of players comes along and starts locking it down as well... playing me no heed and jumping in front of my shells. After friendly hits like that, bumping into other vehicles can cause a lock already. Worst thing is, the first lock is only 5 minutes or so, but should that lock go away and someone else rams you, even if it's a flash and you are standing still off the road somewhere, you get locked immediately again for 15 minutes or so.
  16. Xrkr

Only been locked once and when it happened I just switched to medic and used my radial healing to continue supporting my allies until my weapons were functional again.
  17. Leftconsin

Log off in a rage and rant on the forums. Obviously.
  18. ferlinco

i dun really need to logoff in a rage and rant, i just logoff and watch youtube for motorbike and decide which one i should buy next. i just want to know what i can do more in game, cos i find find myself doing nothing and wasting my time. Xrkr i might try to switch to medic next time and try, and thanks for other that give me an idea what i should do lol... road kill ftw :p
  19. Towie

Makes me wonder what the trigger actually is for a weapons lock.

I've killed literally hundreds of my own in the Magmower - that unpredictable movement catches them out every time - yet never had a lock. Maybe it's 'expected' in a Magmower so it doesn't count ;)

Engineers should receive danger rewards when they try to repair one...
  20. ferlinco

in a heavy fight to many people rushing into point a room.... lasher stop them in a good way but it also hit everyone that run in.