Weapon Model Revamp, More Diverse weapons for all factions !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VanuBangura, May 27, 2014.

1. Epic High Five

This isn't really an NC problem

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  2. VanuBangura

the VS suffer from reused models the worst,
    • Up x 3
  3. Chazt

I think everyone can agree with this, half the guns in each faction look almost identical.
    • Up x 5
  4. elementotrl

-1 for not actually being a psa
    • Up x 6
  5. Xhaleon

The Carnage BR used to have a long barrel that made it look really distinct from the GR-22 even if the body was much more similar back then. The form fit the function too, since the former has normal AR damage falloff of 1-tier as opposed to the double dip for the latter. Then they modified it so that the Carnage has this ugly square block of a receiver and chopped off the exposed part of the barrel; now it just looks so plain.

If SOE does another art pass on the weapons, give the Carnage back the extended barrel please.
  6. Skooma Lord

The N.C.'s semi-auto and full auto shotguns still have the exact same models.

Only weapons with the same damage model/R.O.F. should look similar. The rest should have some more uniqueness to them. Not just a different rail or something like that.

To many new players it must be a little confusing because 90% of the weapons are made out of recycled parts of another weapon.
    Most of the N.C. and many T.R. have guns that have their pistol grips on them with the spot to put the magazine.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. VanuBangura

8. VanuBangura

Change Carnage Gun model to somethin very original first
  9. Sixstring

It wouldn't even take much work to reshape and maybe just add a unique part to each weapon,make them look really different from each other. I know it's a F2P game but the cloned guns still feel really cheap. Especially considering decade old games like Perfect Dark had a ton of unique weapons.
    • Up x 1
  10. Pikachu

Remove its ugly bumps! :mad:
  11. Kunavi

If this happens, SOE PLIX, Y U NO REMOVE WOODEN GRIPS AND HAND-RESTS ON TR WEAPONS!? WAT IS DIS!?
  12. Regpuppy

PSA ≠ Public Shout (for) Attention
    • Up x 1
  13. Camycamera

this is not a ******* PSA, i was going in thinking that this was true.

oh well, i don't expect any more from forumside.

but other than that, agreed.
    • Up x 1
  14. VanuBangura

stay on topic
  15. Eyeklops

And what do your enemies hold?
  16. Pikachu

It's irrelevant what model people uses. You make it sound like the number of potential models matter as opposed only to the models that are rendered. By your logic the game would run slower the more camos are added to the game.
  17. Eyeklops

Run slower? I never said that. Textures and models for players within a certain radius need loaded, otherwise hitching would get insane.
  18. VanuBangura

change rino and bull models from each other
  19. VanuBangura

make the carnage and Gr22 have differnt gun models
  20. VanuBangura

If you are smart, you would only purchase the weapons with the best stats of similar models

Only guns I will even purchase on NC as a heavy are

GD 22
    EM1
    Gauss Saw... already maxed out