We lost 20 plus % population in one month.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Captain Kid, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Captain Kid

I get annoyed by stale mates fights. A lot. But that's more because the actual fighting is very mediocre.
    A lot of the times I am frustrated or bored or both if a looong even fights is happening because most fights are not that good due to crappy base design. (especially on Indar)

Vehicles being able to shell infantry. Snipers being able to snipe you with impunity. No good cover in general.
    mini stalemates at the entrances to a structure. No good cover for the defenders leaving the spawnroom. Or no good cover for the attackers inside a structure.

If the fighting is GOOD (happens most often on Amerish) I want the fight to last forever. And when we finally capture that base or defend it, I do feel a sense of accomplishment!
  2. ePeenus Maximus

Won't speak for anyone else, just for me. The latest patches beginning with the Valkyrie one absolutely ruined the game performance on my toaster. I was doing okay before, even though the performance has been steadily going down after the OMFG initiative, but right now it's unplayable, way worse when back then there was a hitching bug you could solve by running video capture. There is something wrong with the way the game loads assets, it seems.

Last time it took 3-4 months to fix the issue. Therefore: lesson learned, won't spend money at this game anymore.
  3. DorianOmega

The PROBLEM with this game is that its blatantly incomplete and feels like a flippin' beta, decisions made for this game take way to long to implement or just don't make sense and its STILL constantly raining nerfs for whats to come to balance , WORSE is that micro transaction cosmetics seem to get way more priority for shipping out then meaningful content that will keep players entranced in the game and wanting more. And lets not forget the seemingly half arsed attempts of community out reach as seen with these forums and the clear favoritism towards "social media"... Cant we get a dev to let us know what they are actually doing beyond just map design, SOE isn't ******* Valve....

All of these points are then driven home with the fact of H1Z1, a blatant DayZ clone, is taking more priority and man power at SOE then PS2 which is hands down their best IP to date...

SOE needs to WAKE UP to what they have with PS2 and stop treating it like a pet project of a game, H1Z1 isn't going to make up for neglecting PS2, If anything it will just cause more players to leave or not be interested as the gaming community wont want to deal with another terribly managed game from SOE.
    • Up x 3
  4. Tuco

7:00

PS1 players complaining about PS1 base design in 2011.

"Is it just me or are the trees...." video cuts out. What a shame.