We lost 20 plus % population in one month.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Captain Kid, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Pikachu

I dont have issues with hit detectin or freezing. o_O It might be placebo but performance seems a little better in last month. I dont care much for the resource change.
    • Up x 2
  2. RHINO_Mk.II

I looked at the average primetime population across all servers between this week and a year ago. This week we're at ~3,000 players per faction. Last year in late September we were at ~3,500 players per faction. That's a 14% drop in population over a YEAR, not 20% over a MONTH.

Planetside is not dying.
  3. BiggggBRIM

If the game wasn't dying there wouldn't have been any server merges. I'm not going to renew my sub come January because I honestly don't think this game will last that long. If the population really is under 3,000 people, you have to assume that SOE executives are thinking about what population will running PS2 no longer be feasible.
    • Up x 3
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

3,000 per faction. 10,000 daily players is a surprisingly large community for a game approaching 2 years old. Looking at steam's top played titles, only 25 games have 10,000 or more peak players on a saturday.
    • Up x 1
  5. FBVanu

32bit client not working for lots of players ?
  6. KnightCole

Im sure its people getting tired of teh game's repetitveness, its lack of any point and the performance issues. Add both those together and it pretty much makes sense. Its just a big laggy zerg, where every 4th bullet does register 75% of the time, TKs are abundant and PPA spam just gets old lol.
    • Up x 2
  7. Bape

1.Destiny
    2.School
    3.Need to take a break from planetside 2 once in a while
    4.Archeage

basically why you see 20% loss.

Been playing Destiny and having a blast.
    • Up x 4
  8. Iridar51

Pretty sure lots of people will return when the september patch comes out, especially if SOE goes through the effort of informing the people via email when halloween event starts.
  9. Pat22

Amusing. After one week everyone realized it was the blandest shooter ever.
    • Up x 2
  10. Villanuk

But for a game 2 years old, we should not have to have poor hit detection, massive lag spikes on the servers and the Valk was just typical of Higs not listening to the community once again. A community drives a game to some extent and its seems that we have little say on how we would like the game to be but they just don't deal with or even acknowledge some of the issues in the game.

All the constant nerfs and dumbing down the game to accommodate COD style game play is not what people came here for. I can see the plus points but due to constant nerfs you wonder why you should buy weapon's? Just look at the striker, its nothing more than a joke and all they have to do is buff it up but no, they are changing it into something the TR don't want, and this is one of the reasons people just get frustrated with the game.

I think the focus is more on the PS4 version now and the PC is taking a back seat. There are some fantastic games coming out like SC and people will always move around to try other games but if you keep your customers happy, they will be less inclined to do so.
    • Up x 2
  11. nehylen

Server merge is not synonymous to "the game is dying". I always wonder how the reasoning came to this when i read it. Granted the game is no longer in its phase where its net audience grows, but to say it's dying is a bit of a stretch. Else you could say that we as living beings are dying after puberty.
    My previous MMO, abbreviated DAOC, issued in 2001, had its first server merges in 2005(WoW happened). There are still people playing this game on the last remaining official server today, it's still profitable, it can still be fun. Truly it is dying, yet its real agony only started about 2 years ago, quite some time after the last server merge occurred.
    End of growth != end.

The game will be dying when you're always fighting the same few people on a single server for your region, when in prime time you'll only have a single major battle on, on a single continent, while all other hexes have at best single digits skirmishes, when you won't have seen content added in a year (we got the Valkyrie recently), when major balance patches will have become very scarce (ppa nerf recently).

Also, even if it was "dying" on PC in the upcoming months, the PC version might reap the benefits of the peasant version which could be successful. We don't know at this point.
    • Up x 1
  12. Goretzu

Yeah, there's certain times of the year when MMO game tend to peak or dip because of things that aren't actually to do with the game.
    • Up x 1
  13. GhostAvatar

Pretty much this. The Valkyrie/PS4 code integration made the game unplayable for some. Its not that they left the game, its that they can no longer play it even if they desired to.
  14. Plunutsud pls

FTFY
  15. Miuku

As someone who occasionally pops into the game to see if it has improved in any way I'll put it this way;

The game isn't fun.

For me personally it boils down to inability to use even fraction of the weapons without an insane grind, just paying and the fact that there is literally no content apart from grind, grind, grind.

Let me boils this down to a single phrase; The game is a massive boring grind and "WE HAVE SO MANY PLAYERS IN A SINGLE FIGHT" DOESN'T ******* MATTER when it doesn't even work for a few dozen players.
  16. DramaticExit

This.
  17. M2_Bradley

Nobody plays that piece of shyte anyway.PC master race.
  18. nubery

My whole outfit is playing ArcheAge. I'm sure there's others doing the same.
    • Up x 1
  19. HadesR

PS2 isn't the only game and some of use have partners who want to play games with us but for who " shooters " are not fun ...

So in my case it's been

Since it's release with the Wife ..
  20. Larolyn

Archeage came out and I know 2 of the major NC outfits from my server took a lot of members with them to play that. Me personally, I cannot stand another hotkey MMO. That genre has been done to death. I uploaded a video explaining why I have not been playing since the Valk patch.

It's pretty obvious that the Valk patch with the merge of the PS4 and PC code has quite a long way to go with the whole "it's gonna get worse before it gets better" phase, but I honestly had no idea that it caused 20% of the playerbase to scarper. That is worrying. I'm very curious to see how many will come back when PS2 is "fixed".