We knew it was coming :(

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoctD

Which is useless to the PC gamers... they'll just milk it on multiple platforms but not develop it further.

More ports does not equal better game. It just means another platform you can play PS2/start over on, and fork over more money as you have to start over each time.

Porting is not developing, not adding content, its just porting.

And you're delusional if you think the port will happen. It won't.
    • Up x 2
  2. Ribero

• Up x 2
  3. NoctD

He's a great guy - I had no doubts and this confirms it even more. CN/DBG have no idea what they're losing.

And the people they're actually keeping? Quite useless unfortunately.
    • Up x 1
  4. Crator

I've read about 3 people being let go so far... I'm sure there's more but is there anything out there that gives more numbers?

Thanks to those on the team that helped make the games you produce! I wish you luck in your future endeavors.
    Sometimes companies have to make hard decisions like this. Some of these positions have been held for quite a while and salaries can get too bloated that are unsustainable.
  5. Zapa

There was a post on the mmorpg.com forums that despite the SOE buyout, Microsoft won't be allowing any former SOE titles to be ported over to the Xbox One . . . anyone know if that's true?If so, no PS2 port for the Xbox.
  6. Klypto

2 unnamed QA Staff
    Level Designer
    Build Master
    Producer
    Balance & Vehicle Developer
    Game Designer / Marketplace

Hopefully no one else.
  7. RemingtonV

I see all these people saying they will cancel their subscriptions because of the recent layoffs. Guys, think about this. They are cutting jobs to improve profitability, if you leave as well, then they will continue cutting jobs until the studio is closed.

This whole response reminds me of an autoimmune disorder, where the body's immune system attacks healthy cells, even killing the person, thinking that it is helping.
  8. Syndroxis

People are just upset, so they're protesting.

I personally enjoy my passive cert bonus, marketplace discount, and XP bonus. That helmet also looks pretty cool too, I might buy that, not because I'm handing money to a questionable company, but because it's a game and I want to enjoy myself.
  9. Ballto21

Im only cancelling my sub because this game has a lot of issues and bugs and will renew it when i see some kind of positive change.

I do however have a game budget every couple week set aside and still intend to buy SC because im a lazy p2w pleb who has a fools dream of auraxing all valk weapons before theyre buffed and needs resource boosts to feed my suicide esf landmine addiction.

Im buying the sky vulcan next
  10. Leftconsin

Planetside 2's future is now even more uncertain. I personally (as a layman) don't expect anything more than a slow trickle of banal new guns, cosmetics, and bug fixes from here on out.

I just don't know. And personally I don't want to invest more money into this game when it's future is this uncertain. If/when we get a new roadmap, hear of hierings to replace the lost staff, or announcements to what is going to happen in the future, I don't feel comfortable putting more money in. I've spent about 100 dollars on this game, which is plenty more than most others.
    • Up x 2
  11. SilentSueRia

The sad truth about any business that gets sold and handed to someone else, lay offs almost always happen, followed by others who voluntarily leave because of various wide range of reasons.
  12. asdfPanda

How do you propose that would happen with 40% of the staff gone?
  13. Leftconsin

I suspect that 40% number is a guess. Has anyone yet actually added up who is still with DBG?
  14. Rraymondo316

Sure as hell cant be many people left on the PS2 team

We thought development of this game was going at a snails pace before........well its about to get even slower/non existent :(
    • Up x 1
  15. RemingtonV

Yeah. Whats annoying is the studio was already profitable. If you check their record during the last days at Sony, they were well in the green. Sony only sold them because they wanted to get out of the desktop market and focus on mobile games.

I checked Columbus Nova's company portfolio. Daybreak games is the only gaming company they own. These guys obviously cant tell the damned difference between software and art. All their companies are pretty much business, medical, or communication software companies.

You can't treat video games like regular software. This isn't about how efficient the game it, it is about how much people enjoy to experience it. It is art. Not just graphical art, but a mix of graphics, story, gameplay, and community.

My biggest fear is CN is looking hungry at piles of **** like CoD and is going to put Daybreak to the whip to try and make them create a CoD clone or some other pile of complete and total rubbish that will serve no purpose but to completely alienate Daybreak's player base.
    • Up x 1
  16. TerminalT6

Fairly certain that's not true. They bought Harmonix, to name one.
  17. Prudentia

wait kevb0, too?
    well i guess they literally just fired everyone single dev who ever had any amount of community interaction...
  18. RadarX

We certainly appreciate everyone's thoughts but in order to help consolidate we are asking you discuss it here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.