We knew it was coming :(

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingSnuggler

This is starting to sound like this investment firm only cares about consoles and mobile gaming...if this is the case I think we should just jump ship while were ahead. I'm no longer spending anymore money on any of these games until their overlords at Columbus Nova tell us what their goals and ambitions are for the future of Daybreak until I can't justify spending money on MMORPGs that may be sold off to other companies I do not support, shut down, or turned into Pay to Win models while focus of MMORPG is shifted to suit and be dumbed down to cater to console players and ****** mobile games.
    • Up x 3
  2. iller

lol I ****in hate biz double speak like that. Even if the only ppl laid off were the mods with hate boners for me, I'd still call that a total bs statement. Just say what everyone already knows: Global Investment groups exist to cherry pick the most profitable short-term gains and then take a butcher knife to everything else. Expect an outsourced everquest Mobile app soon that makes dungeon keeper look like a charity.
    • Up x 1
  3. Silsila

These kind of changes can be good at times. Fresh blood is introduced and a project take on a new route. I'm speaking from experience on this.
    So let's wait and see before we shout doom and gloom.
  4. DxAdder

When ever there is a merger/buyout Middle/Upper management is the first to go.
  5. Iridar51

Yes. Yes, we knew it was coming. And it's not a bad thing.

• Up x 2
  6. Bulltahr

Just remember, Investors don't buy up companies to let them sink. Let's see what they might have for us in the future. 3-6mths from now things will be a lot clearer.
    However, feel free to speculate away............:cool:
  7. MikeyGeeMan

Smeds first move. Lets see who they replace them with.
  8. Revel

I have no doubt that by the end of the year they'll already be discussing selling off some of the IPs. I'm holding on to 7500 SC from the double SC sale in anticipation of EQ next but the way things are going I dunno if it'll ever see the light of day.
  9. CuteBeaver

I am a little sad to see Xander (base / level designer) go, he was exceptionally talented and I honestly don't think he will have a hard time finding new employment. Sadly i didn't know much about Katherine (a build master), however i browsed through her tweets. Both of these people were very hard working. Xander helped us through smart choices in base design to increase FPS and careful placement of lighting to reduce performance hits. Katherine seemed to be hard at work on stability issues. So I really freaking hope that the Build Masters who remain can function without her since many veteran players are leaving the game over issues related to glitches and server anomalies.
  10. Prudentia

well, Taylor Dowell also jsut said she got laid off. i guess now only David Carey and PromtCritical need to go and every community Interaction that ever existed in the development of PS2 is gone except for Higby himself
  11. Keldrath

Yeah, I knew it was coming, I was hoping it wouldn't but it did.

Shame, cause the last thing this game needed was less people working on it.
  12. MikeyGeeMan

Now here's the funny bit.

After the layoffs nova will make a package offer to smeds and the remaining people. Like a year salary to stay on till they train the new team.

Smeds great job throwing your team under the bus.
    • Up x 1
  13. Yuki10

Losing a job is rough, i hope they get some parting compensation at least.
  14. zaspacer

15. VikingKong

Sad to hear, if not entirely surprising. Needless to say, I hope the game survives this, but most of all, I wish the dudes and dudettes affected all the best. #suxnard
  16. MikeyGeeMan

I just realized something.

With the map designer and build master gone. Two areas that people have complained about. This means that maybe they are going after bigger fish to get the kinks worked out so they can get everyone playing this game.

Man so back and forth. You hate it for the people that are now gone, but looking forward we could be getting really good news or really bad news.

The sooner they have and announce map makers the sooner ill feel more ay ease.
    • Up x 1
  17. z1967

How are they going to function without a build master? Is that even possible?
    • Up x 1
  18. vanu123

• Up x 3
  19. BiggggBRIM

My advice for her: Prepare your resume accordingly.
  20. Mxiter

It looks like that NC won the battle on earth.

Don't makes it happens on auraxis until it dies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.