WDS: New Rules. New Scoring. New Rewards.

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Santondouah

Once again, as points were counted worldwide, yes. But if points were counted server per server, NC Ceres would've had a serious chance to win ON THIS SERVER.
    • Up x 2
  2. Chuckys

Again: If we already have some boosts xp in our inventory, would it be possible to have another one in a supply cache ?
  3. Gorion

Any chance for all the BR100 Guys getting something else? I don't need a XP Boost :eek:
    • Up x 1
  4. kadney

Ooh, It's hiding behind the "Read everything" button. :D Didn't try that one. :oops: Thank you for the response! :)
  5. NevarxTR

You guys get SC rewards.
  6. Outake

Is there a way to see what SC items are what tier like 1000 SC items T3 and 500-750 T2 and under T1?

edit: And i hope the personal rewords help with the 4th faction cuz it would be harder to get 3 toons to the 3rd tier then just 1.
  7. Burning Mustache

I get that the individual rewards are on a per-character basis, but what about faction awards, are those account-wide or limited to the character of the winning faction as well?

Like, in the previous WDS series you could just claim the faction awards (XP boosts) with any faction's character as long as you had an (alternative) character on the winning faction logged in at least once during that week. I.E. you could claim the boost for a TR character in the week where VS won by just having logged in with an VS alt during that week.

Will this still be possible?
  8. HadesR

Esamir and Amerish seems to be showing the capture/defend Hold scores in preparation for WDS .. But Indar Territories are not .. Bugged ?
  9. kadney

~13 hours to go. I have to admit that I am quiet excited. :)
    Just a little worried about how some small overpopulation of a specific fraction will influence the battles. Will we see more 4th fractioners, joining the empire with the largest zerg around? :(
  10. Being@RT

If you're warpgated, then you will start the next week warpgated as well. Because _only_ warpgates change hands, not territory.

In fact, the only way to start without being warpgated is if you had succesfully warpgated the gate you're destined to be in next.
  11. tekknej

the WDS should be on already? don't see any changes in the [TAB] UI.
  12. DeadliestMoon

No.
  13. Enukku

2000 PTS and what do people get?? "3xXP BOOST FOR ONE HOUR"??? Can u repair your rewards system?? Because it quite different in your description than in reality.
    • Up x 1
  14. Deladin

This is just like the SOE dev team,

To not understand their game one bit and not think anything through.

This is the biggest ******** rule system ever and rewards ghost capping, empires that have the biggest early morning populations, and of course with multiple characters per server, zero empire loyalty. People will just focus on playing whatever character is currently steamrolling at that moment in order to get the most points.

Then you have continents that get ghost capped late at night by on faction, then 6 hours later when the other faction who has the largest early morning pop logs in, they get max points for taking all those bases...by ghost capping them. This is a HUGE problem with VS on matherson, who has easily 3 times the population at around 3-6AM server time (as shown that they are already in a large first place position...by 30k points over the second place which is NC, and then TR, which has almost no early morning pop sitting at only 15k)

pathetic, but I expected nothing more from SOE's dev team. At least EQNL didn't get the bottom of the barrel.

Why not base points on population at a base instead. In order to qualify for max points that a base can give based on how long it was held, a certain population average must have been maintained by the defending team, as well as on the server.

For example. You want to take a base, if the defending empire has at least 20% of the continents population, but the base only has 2 people average during the duration of the cap, the attacking team gets only 20% of the highest possible score for that base. If the base has over 10 defenders, then the attackers can get 100% regardless of continent population.

However, if an empire has greater than 30% of the servers population, they should get only 70% of a bases total value for a full cap, or 10% for an empty cap.

These are just numbers, but something needs to be done to not reward ghost caps, 4th faction and overpops.
    • Up x 2
  15. Enukku

They made this game, so they must have some imagination, and now their imagination is most likely bottomless pit which they want fill up with cash
  16. Bullborn

Unfortunatly the system encourages the wrong type of player behaviour.

On Miller the result during prime time was that each faction picked a continent (the one they had 50+% pop on) and ghost capped the entire thing for WDS points. There was just a huge air zerg going from base to base, with pretty much no enemies to fight.

To avoid the population issues, you would most likely need to base it on a different metric than territory control. However, as a short term fix, giving WDS score for XP gain while defending may help. I.e. 1 WDS point per 250xp while defending. Then keep the capture WDS score. It won't completely solve the problem but it might dampen it a bit.

An alternative is to offset the score pending distance from friendly warpgate. Making fighting for land closer to your warpgate be worth more. However, this is less than ideal as it reinforces the natural "middle-of-the-map" chokepoints.

Third alternative is to base it off alerts. Give X WDS points for winner, Y for 2nd place, Z for third. This will be problematic on population-skewed servers though unless you do some point adjustments based on average faction population during alert.

There are of course many more ways to deal with it - lower WDS score for ghost caps - requiring a certain player count to be present for WDS score to be worthwhile, etc.

Either way - current implementation doesn't seem to work well. :(
    • Up x 1
  17. sebo

IMO amerish should be removed from wds... is it included, or only indar?
    actually, i think amerish should be removed from play until there is a lattice system..
    • Up x 1
  18. S7rudL

Well, yesterday I enjoyed it a lot. Cant really complain about anything as long as everyone gets their personal points relatively quickly by zerging a juicy base. : P

I got 2 3x1 hour boosts worth 600SC which can come all so handy when I, within an hour, service ribbon repair stuff during the week.

I'm very excited about the 3rd tier reward and will accept just about anything I will get, as long as its not the same item that I already have. :eek:
  19. TestSmokki

And I was hoping this would encourage people to stick with one empire, defend bases and over all make fights more epic and fair. It did the complete opposite, Whole outfits are capping the least defended high value bases like a locust swarm. Now even lattice continents resemble current ghostcap Amerish.
  20. sgtjohnbilly

is anybody got a problem with reward ... i'm at 400 now and had nothing on my screen and no notification, nothing more in a the boost menu, i can't find anything...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.