WDS: New Rules. New Scoring. New Rewards.

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt98

Pop does make a huge difference reguardless of what this supposed data showed. On Friday during the peak hours vs got 2000-3000 point lead while they had more pop to hold key facilities on some latice lines while still haveing enough to ghost cap. TR and nc esentially had to ghost cap lower poped places to try and keep it close. Yesterday NC had 38-40% pop most of the day and managed to take a 11-12 k lead on score because they could keep key facilities on indar plus cap other continents for bonus ones vs tr basically had to finally double team to get some key points back buut the damage was done. Today nc will again most likely have the pop like this and get 15-20k lead. I dont know what sony was thinking but its fairly clear atm that pop is making a difference. Just look right now sunday morning tr have pop guess whos points are going up the fastest.... FYI ON our server NC have the pop most hours of the day so they esentially win due to that right away.
  2. Xebov

The WDS realy kills the Fun in the game.

The personal rewards kill strategical gameplay because players are more likely to form up into huge Zergs (2-3 Platoons) and steamroll over all terretories that give alot of capture points for the personal reward boxes. I dont need to say that the rewards from these boxes are a bad joke. There is not much room for defenders if the attackers roll in with huge air and tanksquads, so most players form a Zerg instead and try to capture tehre terretories while they capture ours.

The Pointsystem itself is a bad joke. During prime time we get ownershipts constantly shifting around for teh reason above and during nighttime the faction with the most pop captures it all and gets the lead because they could easily hold terretories for hours during nighttime.

Overall the System is porely designed and only leads to large Zergplay over all Continents. I would like to see this farce being stopped ASAP rather sooner then later.
    • Up x 3
  3. Tanchester

To everybody that got the Black or Gold PDW from Tier 3 - I HATE YOU :(
  4. Lude86

What a bust...
    Tier 1: 3x 1hour XP Boost
    Tier 2: 3x 1hour XP Boost
    Tier 3 - do you want to guess? 3x 1hour XP Boost

The same goes for a friend of mine.
    I'm disappointed. I mean it is nice to get free stuff and I don't want to complain about it, but getting 2.000 WDS takes a bit of effort and to get the same stuff you got for the first tier is somewhat disappointing. I would suggest that the lowest possible drop in Tier 3 gets raised.
    Because currently you will disappoint a lot of "loyal soldiers".
    This blows. Most of the people are just flying with their ESF from cap point to cap point anyways.

Appearantly the first part is incorrect.

I doubt very much that I will actively play for the Tier 3 WDS next week again. There are other games that don't scam me with FALSE ADVERTISING for their events.
    • Up x 4
  5. Azanure

Waterson became an NC zergfest/ghostcapping since friday. I've decided that i'll avoid this game until the end of WDS, or until people realize that the rewards are, as usual, crap.
    • Up x 4
  6. Sweatybukakky

Lol guys don't be so disappointed Haha. Now remember these crates are supposed to have a chance of giving you good in-game shop items.

It's not false advertising. 3rd tier crates have a HIGHER chance of giving you a good item.

SOE isn't just going to easily hand out free items. There's a slight chance and if ur lucky, ur the winner.

I'm happy with the camos I got. Thanks SOE!
  7. LOBOX

200 3x weap digital camo
    800 3x 1hr 50% exp boost
    2000 1x 1 hr 100% boost

i dont care the boost i want camos
  8. Swinefludude

WDS is probably the worse thing they could of added to planetside.

Zerg avoiding zerg is wonderful, and the rewards are horrible. Instead of soe removing the rewards your character already owns (like camos) they instead waste your time and give you items you've already bought with either sc or certs.
  9. Swinefludude

Also on another note, the WDS is horrible for pilots.

The time between you taking the points and the base actually flipping to nc/vs/tr, they will pull lockons, flak, skyguards, anything they can use to take out your air so you won't actually be close enough to get the points for capping the base.
  10. Dieter Perras

The points systems should be more tied into the ratio of allies to enemies in a region, 0 points awarded for a ghost cap and increasing points the higher the amount of enemies to allies.
    • Up x 3
  11. DeeX

One of my outfit members received a bunch of single use camos of a camo he already has unlocked as tier 3 reward. Guess how happy he was? :)
  12. General3334

I wish I had the same Luxury. But, my outfit requires my active duty, and if it means fighting the whole NC army, I'm gonna make one hell of a time of it :D
  13. ToastyMan

I'm also really disappointed.
    I got 9 50% bronze xp boosts (1 hour)
    Seriously, I grinded for 6 hours before getting tier 3, and got the same thing every time. Above that my friend got a gold PDW with his second tier.
    But I guess we can't really complain about free stuff.
  14. SidCom

Impressions of WDS week one weekend on Miller:

- on primetime NC overpopped on Miller now after the last "balancing" patch, before it was TR. They warpgate VS with giant zergs. Once warpgated we have no resources left to even recapture the nearby stations.
    These fights going back and forth for hours! So we get no points at all.

- when i compare the pop between the 3 continents during the weekend, most of the time each continent is massivly overpopped by one faction to keep their zerg up and running. But of course the world overpopped faction has the better cards to crash a zerg.

- ghostcapping takes place on the smaller stations. Not to many people seems want to defend them because its not worth for WDS points. From this ones where i was and where spawnpoints available, only on one out of five stations we could build up a reasonable defense and own this spawnroom campers.

- at about 10:00-11:00 PM European time, NC and TR go sleeping (or alt to VS?) and their pop goes down. TR and NC already far advancing in WDS this time. But in these few night time hours we cannot keep up with the present scores.

Not to speak of the increasing "funny" situations, like i see people autoreviving in the middle of nowhere, (friendlys and enemys, no revieve grenade or medic in sight) or snipers on top of the roofs (reported).
    I killed him, a few minutes later he appears again on the same roof. (his crippeling cloak sound discloses him, no droppod or jump out of an airplane trick, I stay all the time on the roof, finally killed him again) And he starts complaining in the chat...:eek:

Amoung other strange things i dont want to mention.. because they are "only netcode/server bugs, glitches" etc. Ok,stop.. thats another topic.

I played around 30 hours PS2 in 2 1/2 days. Very rare to find a good and balanced fight during the whole weekend. () At the end i just followed a giant zerg for 3 hours for WDS points. No kills or challenging situation at all.
    Get 5 times TK'ed by some vehicle and finally died (mentaly) because i was bored like hell.

World pop MUST be taken into account in the WDS scoring system.

Everything else seems unfair IMO.
    • Up x 2
  15. Theghostwad

Seems very random payouts:
    Tier 1: 1 hour 50% exp boost
    Tier 2: 5x single use digital weapon camo (meh)
    Tier 3: Not yet, but heard alot of folks getting 10x digital weapon camo...after they already got the 5x...
  16. Snoozzzer

I agree. While there's a fuzzy feeling in my heart finally being on the opposite side of the zerg, hearing TR yells saying how the NC has always zerged to this extent, I miss being the underdog. There's nothing that can fix this mess short of organized outfits and platoons opting to lead the way out of such events. The players are the ones who create and maintain these zergs after all, not the devs

Methinks I shall be playing my TR for the time being. More targets nowadays and all
  17. General3334

The Future of how to recruit for TR on Waterson
  18. Within

Really hoping this gets improved. People are starting to talk about taking a break until WDS is over.
  19. MonkeyCheese

I got exactly the same and I know its free but I am very disappointed that I bothered to focus on locations with more WDS points even if there was no fighting just go grind up to 2000 points to just get the same reward as the 200 and 800 ranks.

And what a surprise a friend gets a 1 DAY 100% exp bonus at 200 WDS points

These rewards are totally now worth having the overpoped NC run zerg circles around TR/VS and win for this "event"
  20. Vanon

I think world pop, and hex pop should be taken in to account.

Most players are after the rewards. The way around the system is to either constantly defend a base, letting a guy on the point every minute or so, and recapping or zerging high value territory's with 3 platoons. I would think a small squad defending against a larger number should be rewarded more, where a huge zerg should be rewarded less.

For world pop, just use the built in xp system. If your fighting with a 50% bonus, then give a 50% bonus to WDS points.

Otherwise you get what i've seen all weekend. 100 players spawn camping 3 guy's at every base on the way to the 100 point base. entire contents being taken over by the empires with 10%+ world pop, moving on to the next content. This means the other factions don't even get a fraction of the points if they stay on the contents the enemy captured and left.

Also, turn off alerts when doing WDS. Given matherson NC command chat is perhaps the most incompatent in the game, still it splits into half the people doing the alert, and the other half going after the impossible 100 point base.

Oh and change the tier rewards. having a 1% chance to get an NS weapon isn't a better reward if you get a 1 time use camo of a camo you already own 90% of the time and 1 hour XP boosts the other 9%. Tier 3 should be a permanent camo, a gun or a week long xp or resource boost. Your earning 2k points, thats 24 hours in a week for most people.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.