Warning dont pick Waterson as NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nimx, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Verranicus

Wrong, and please don't try to spread misinformation. NC weapons have insane damage compared to their TR and VS counterparts. The only reason NC ends up in trouble is because of people like you.
  2. ACExWOLF

Insane damage? No. from what I read, we are doing 1 more hp damage per bullets. The problem is that while our rate of fire is lower than TR, our cone of fire is also higher, our recoil is also higher, all versus a moderate increase in damage. It's just that balance logic is not here.

But does that make the game insanely unbalanced? NO! but it did make all the vets switch faction.
    • Up x 1
  3. Verranicus

TR's spray widens out a lot more than NC's. You're mistaken.
  4. ACExWOLF

I'm not, the lasted weapon balance they did like what, 1-2 week before release, reduced their spray.

Dam I really need to watch back the comparaison videos, i'm not that sure.
    Still, it's still close enough. TC advantage come mostly in an easier recoil control and having 10 more bullets.
    Those bullets with the ROF advantage are the decisive factor, specially in capturing a base. (close combat like it should, but with the easy recoil, I have been outsniped by HA LMG)
    • Up x 1
  5. Curze

you should stop throwing sand into the devs eyes, bro. at this point its largely irrelevant, nothing gonna change.
    no need to waste your time denying reality, this turkey is already done, pitch a fork on it

you will see TR population going higher and higher and higher and NC pop going lower and lower and lower until we both dont have anyone to fight.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ryoumad

• Up x 1
  7. Nimx

Dear name caller,
    Some find leading in games fun. For me leading kids into battle isn't a fun aspect of gaming. I could go thru my various leading expierence, but you wouldnt believe me anyway. I don't even bother joining outfits or squads anymore due to the voice chatting rage monsters and kids. One doesn't have to be in outfit or squad to know where to go. Besides most squads in list are bogus with no leader. OH and yes i could turn off chat but I still do use it with family.

Now why do I turn people away from Waterson? Cause balance is not there and I'm trying to save folks the headache that is NC Waterson. My 9000 is wasted. This is attempt to save others from wasting $ and time trying to play here. Well unless your TR.
  8. Tooks

You're just shooting yourself in the foot. NC will only get worse without new recruits.

p.s. If one does not need to be in an outfit or squad to know where to go, why did you say the lack of organized outfits is whats causing the problem? Surely if no one needs outfits to know where to go, this factor wouldn't matter? :S
  9. Nimx

2314 est on Waterson. Out numbered NC on 2 maps by VS and TR, and outnumbered by TR on third and tied with VS. But NC still listed as Global 32% population. More like 25%. Inflating %s to make it look even isn't helping the situation.

Don't piss on me and tell me its raining.
  10. Diamond Sword

NC are bad on Connery, as well. Today they lost everything for a while.
  11. Marka Ragnos

What did you expect joining a "Rebel" faction?? TR and Vanu are organized empires by nature. The NC are filled with the missfits of the other 2 great empires and are filled with those who are agains ANY type of publicorder, only thing that matters is that they do what they want "For Freedom". Perhaps you should re-evaluate your standings with that empire.
  12. Nimx

Tooks,

One doesn't need Outfit to know where to go. But we have to remember who we are playing with. Minds aren't taught to think for themselves and figure it out anymore. I am only referring to myself in this regard. I personally can find the fights that are progressing the way I feel like playing. Whether it be a defense, offense, back hack, or disrupt. But here on Waterson it's mostly defense, then wait till empires leave to take some towers back before they push NC back to warpgate. And those towers we retake isn't an offensive fight, the other empires leave and NC fight maybe 5 defenders with 100 plus zerg.
  13. Tooks

I'm not trying to start a fight with you Nimx or argue, I'm just trying to get across to you that pushing potential assistance away from your server isnt going to help your situation what so ever. Nor is having a defeatist attitude. Some of the NC outfits ARE trying to organize things, but if everyone adopts your attitude towards the situation then you may aswell all delete your characters and roll TR because you've already lost.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/waterson-nc-outfit-leaders.50341/ If you're not going to lead, atleast help rather than hinder, no?
  14. Rec0n412

Or in this case:

"Cowards gain tons of exp, while the brave get spawn camped" :p
    • Up x 1
  15. Curze

like wise, Im not trying to start a fight with you Tooks, but imo yours was a pretty ***-backwards argument.

there is a clear problem here, empirically proved. NC weapons are worse by and large, and veteran outfits avoid NC because of it.
    its clearly a SOE problem, and you are putting, not the blame, but the responsability to fix it on the players shoulders.I cant see why thats reasonable or understandable.

people on NC play the game to have fun, just like you. they spend their time and money on the game, just like you, and expect to see a similar return for their investment, just like you do.

but somehow the game is twice as hard for them. thats hardly fair, and maybe you should reconsider your stance when calling them "defeatists"and urging them to "harden up".

albeit in theory we could (in reality I doubt it very much so), we NC players shouldnt be tasked with reversing the situation by putting a lot more blood and sweat and tears on it, just because. its SOE´s screwup and they should get their **** straight
  16. Uben Qui

I am asking for the same thing. I am hardcore NC on Waterson.
    • Up x 2
  17. Tooks

I'm not asking you to not have fun. There are obvious balance issues between the NC and the TR/VS, but the NC on my server don't lay in the gutter crying about it. While the VS own 80+% of one continent, the TR 80% of another, sure the NC don't own 80% of the third but they atleast fight (last time I checked they were on about 60% of that continent).

If Nimx doesn't want to play NC anymore, good for him, I hope he likes the colour red. But he shouldn't be on an NC-cull because all he's doing is helping move potential recruits somewhere else when there are outfits on Waterson like the Saints etc who are trying to rally and organize things. THIS is my arguement, this is my point. If you don't want to play because you're not having fun, fine, just posts like this help make a bad situation worse.

Edit: p.s. It's much better for everyone to have active opponents. There is no fun for EITHER side when one side dominates entirely. The whole point of this game is combat, what combat is there to be had if the other factions don't fight back?
    • Up x 3
  18. Iceuhk

DVS gaming here. We CHOSE this place, because we knew it was gonna be a INTENSE fight and we were gonna be out numbered. Were a 500 man outfit. That runs several platoons during the day and 3-5 at peak hours. Long story short.. we are NEVER bored...
    But it just feels like we just cant catch a break and really push forward as we get in a clustershag of all factions.
  19. Udon

NC weapons look fine on paper but if you spend a lot of time playing all three factions like a lot of people in beta did you will realize they just don't preform as well in this game as the other two factions. The difference is not large and skill can overcome it but if you are a really competitive player you will want that advantage. As someone who as spent plus a hundred hours plus per faction ground pounding I would rank weapons in real game usability as VS - TR - NC. But again the difference between the best of the VS and the worst of the NC is pretty small but it is there.

The NC got kind of screwed on WG placement in all three continents to.
    • Up x 1
  20. Aghar30

First of all on watterson TR has TB and his little group of goonies for everyone to rally too (everyone rolls TR cause they wanna play with TB, I rolled VS cause well I wanna fight him, seems like a fun chap to have a bout with) So TR will always outnumber everyone on watterson. Secondly if you are having a hard time on a server, dont tuck your tail and run, get better, find or make a good outfit, cert into leader channel, get organized. We already have about 7 people in leader channel VS side I see all the time organizing attacks, coordinating defense, and helping each other out. Stop certing for personal gain if you want to actually be effective. Get someone to bite the bullet and cert into leadership.
    • Up x 1