Warning!!! Do not buy fury incoming nerf.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SNAFUS, May 1, 2013.

1. gnometheft

Soo, did anyone else notice the damage is back to 750 and 550 indirect direct on PTS now? Does this mean it's not getting nerfed? I actually want one for my harasser but the prior nerf and this thread are giving me second thoughts
  2. Dragonblood

If they do, they should change the weapon description "high damage against vehicles". After the tank buff you need 3 magazines with full upgraded fury to destroy a tank from behind. If they cut down 60% of the damage that would make it what..... 6-7 magazines from behind to kill a tank from behind? Just ridicilous.
    • Up x 1
  3. Icedaemon

The only Fury for which a nerf might make sense is indeed the Flash one - the other Flash weapons are either the weakest and cheapest gun a Sunderer can equip or a chopped-in-half standard Basilisk. Making the Flash Fury a special variant with a much slower rate of fire would make sense. Nerfing all furies across the board is beyond daft.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dragonblood

yeah, these flash-zergs are a real problem. *sarcasm*
    • Up x 1
  5. gnometheft

I think its pretty safe to assume the fury nerf was not considered to because of the Harass/sundy, this nerf was indeed considered because of Invis flashs, which is all Ice Daemon meant. All he's saying is if it does get nerfed, it should be flash specific, and I honestly agree. The "OPness" of the fury is only so with the coupling of a sneaky wraith user.
    • Up x 1
  6. Zaxudih

If the community bands together we can stop this. Apparently we just need to get it to reddit instead of these forums.
  7. LordZombie14

Half price, half damage I guess. /sigh
  8. Dragonblood

yeah sure, because wraith play a large role in this game.......oh no, they don't.
  9. DjUnicorn

Are you sure about that? o_O

I can only post 5 media links and I'm too lazy to paste text urls...:(
    • Up x 1
  10. Dragonblood

yeah, since the patch there are no swarms of undefended infantry anymore.......everywhere are tanks that OHK you on sight and the harasser hunts down any wraith since it way faster.
  11. DjUnicorn

Alright, had to check.
  12. Armchair

Even on the flash, the fury is far from OP.

The other weapons just don't mesh well with the flash. They're DPS oriented weapons that require you to accurately hold your cursor on target for extended periods of time. The fury is a spike oriented weapon that meshes much better with something like the flash.

If there is any problem at all with the flash, then it is with the cloaking device. Perhaps there should be greater delays between unlocking the weapon after decloaking or recloaking after firing.
  13. Ronin Oni

^This

ffs no fury nerf is needed. I use the Wraith and it could use a second or 2 delay on firing before cloaking, or after firing before cloaking again.

That's it. Problem solved (not even a big problem... how many Wraiths you seen since buggies dropped?)
  14. Dragonblood

errr, maybe 2 wraiths?
  15. Ronin Oni

exactly... they got spammed a lil bit cause... *shocker* they were new.

Now Buggies are new... guess what's getting spammed? That's right, buggies.

Something being spammed is not indicative of it being OP... just that it's new and fun
  16. Dragonblood

It's not even that in my opinion. Since tanks were buffed they are everywhere. There are no infantry troops anymore that are not supported by tanks and harassers, so farming like in these videos is hardly possible.
  17. Eugenitor

That tell near the end is priceless. Never change, HT.
  18. FigM

Fury is a great weapon. If it outperforms other weapons, then other weapons should be buffed

I recently bought Fury myself, for the Harasser. And I could even accept a nerf. But I feel deeply resentful if real money is involved. Either give option to refund, or find alternative solutions that don't involve drastic changes.

I understand game balancing involves changing stats of various items, but now that those items cost real money, things are more complicated. Giving refunds is the least they can do
  19. Obscura

Haha I like SOE's lil backpeddal when they released GU8, they were supposed to put the nerfed version of the fury live, but got complaints that they were scamming their players by putting to-be-nerfed weapons on sale before patches. The last part is sadly true though, makes me not want to buy a single weapon with SC again
  20. Fafnir

Kobalt is an excellent weapon. I'd say it's even more effective on a Wraith than the Fury, although less exciting.