Warning!!! Do not buy fury incoming nerf.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SNAFUS, May 1, 2013.

1. SNAFUS

[IMG]

As with much of the more recent changes SOE has been putting the changes on the test server prior to launch. Currently the Fury on the test server has had its damage almost cut in half. Now this isn't absolute proof that the nerf will take place but it is a strong indicator. The issue now comes in they have yet again put an item on sale right before an incoming nerf is about to take place. I speak of the Mercy sale which took place before last update. Was a great deal that many were waiting on but SOE seemed to think it was a good idea to sell an item before giving it the old nerf bat. I leave it up to you guys to decide but our outfit felt it would only be right to bring this to light and show these shady sales SOE has been implementing.

:Edit Please spread the word this kind of behavior cannot be allowed.
    • Up x 43
  2. FatSheriff

Good catch.
    • Up x 1
  3. Cham

This makes me a little mad. I paid money for my fury a long time ago. 3x in fact. Flash + both Sunderer turrets. SOE is slowly training me to stop paying for weapons now.
    • Up x 14
  4. DJPenguin

What caused a fury nerf to be warranted? It's a grenade launcher with garbage AoE that requires 2-3 direct hits to kill. And i don't recall these forums ever going up in arms about it?
    • Up x 7
  5. SNAFUS

Yep seems they want to try and make money off of a product that is about to be devalued. Cheap and dirty if that is the case, and now that this is the second time we are starting to see a pattern.
    • Up x 12
  6. SNAFUS

We don't know either DJ maybe their metrics show it out performing expected areas.
  7. Zan_Aus

Its just bizarre. It like they've got some whole new developer guy in charge of weapons and he's going on some sort of epileptic rampage. Wholesale changes to things people didn't mind, no changes to things that are broken. New weapons that are either worthless or game-breaking.

Nothing coming out of the weapons department makes ANY sense whatsoever at the moment.

As for the OPs point, yeah, they've done that like 4 times in a row now, sales the week before a massive nerf.
    • Up x 8
  8. DrazahNede

outperforming Marauder would be my guess, sale before the nerf is freaking dirty from SOE
    • Up x 2
  9. Wintermaulz

Cloaking flashes that went around decimating platoons and armor columns caused it.
    • Up x 7
  10. SNAFUS

Agreed, spread the word they need to not be allowed to do this without some kind of repercussion.
    • Up x 1
  11. Ravenorth

Just great -.- I bought it on last week and have already fully certed its ammo capacity just to make it more useful and now its about to become even more useless.
  12. XRIST0

Stop nerfing things , ffs .

Fury doesnt need a nerf :rolleyes: what a joke .
    • Up x 2
  13. gudman591

This sh*t again?!
    • Up x 3
  14. FreelancePanic

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fix the borderline OP cloak + Fury combo, don't frikkin' nerf the Fury.

This is coming from a dude with cloaking 4 and timer 10 on the Flash.
    • Up x 5
  15. Kunotron

Yeah, guessing it's because of cloaking fury flashes.
  16. Dingus148

More like SOE making too many multi-role units instead of releasing new choices. Who'd have expected that giving one unit too many tools could have uninten

Oh wait, ESF and pods. They didn't learn
    • Up x 2
  17. SNAFUS

As much as it sucks they are nerfing a weapon that doesn't need to be adjusted. The bigger problem is they are selling an item on false pretense of its future worth. That **** is just wrong and shows that the financial side of SOE is dictating things more then the creative.
    • Up x 4
  18. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

Dam that suks, Fury was only thing i had to keep light assaults away from my sunnie !!!
  19. Lepalose

It is frustrating when they have a nerf on the Test Server up and coming for the fury and then they put this on sale right before it lands?

Really really shady practice and it bothers me a lot that I would consider spending more money on this game. Sure, some sales are better then others, but it bothers me that their marketing team does not see that this is a public-relations issue when they put a soon-to-be nerfed item on sale.
    • Up x 13
  20. Jax Blake

RadarX before you come in and close the thread please have the developer in charge of this stop by or provide you with some answers as to what is going on. You guys have people willing to buy the things that you create but not if behavior like this continues. Is there some disconnect between SOE marketing and the actual developers? Please have someone who is in the know come in and explain the situation to us so that we consumers have a better understanding of how SOE intends to do business with us.
    • Up x 16