Warning!!! Do not buy fury incoming nerf.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SNAFUS, May 1, 2013.

1. ArcKnight

they did it just to sale millions of Fury's then nerf it to sell the worthless shotgun
  2. Jasondarket

I would rather pay subscription, SOE, then have to gamble my money on stuff that isn't returnable and will likely be useless in a few months. I'm not even saying this about the Fury, I'm saying it about many of the unnecessary nerfs that have taken place. I have taken a significant amount of time to read this whole thread and I agree with most everyone on here when I say: be upfront with your nerfs, please, and don't fix what isn't broken. You have a testing team there. Let them decide. If money is an issue (which is never will be, you are a huge company, duh) then make this game subscription and pay more attention to the players and ACTUAL game balancing, rather than how to make money. Please, oh please SOE, don't kill this game for us. This is the best thing to happen in the gaming community in the past many years.

It doesn't have cancer, so please stop giving it chemotherapy.
  3. Get2dachoppa

That's what bothers me the most too. A 53% direct damage reduction, a 23% reduction to indirect damage, and a 40% increase to reload time all in one swing? That's a massive and unnecessary overreaction. I get it, things get nerfed and buffed in MMO's but what ever happened to making small tweaks, see how things adjust, get some data and take further action as needed.

And like a few other people have said, the Wraith Flash & Fury is a pretty big cert sink.
    • Up x 2
  4. Zaxudih

For the love of god, do not nerf the fury. I have NEVER heard ANY player complain about the fury being overpowered.

NO ONE WANTS A FURY NERF
    Spread the word, spread the word, spread the word.
    • Up x 8
  5. DjUnicorn

You may have won this round but the battle isn't over yet! 1 - 0 for you
  6. biterwylie

A pure finacial nerf. We are now seeing SOE true colours :mad:
    • Up x 1
  7. pR4cs

• Up x 1
  8. Turiel =RL=

The huge problem with the current system is that we are not only losing the moneys worth on our weapons or everything else we buy. The problem is that we are also losing the certs spend on it.

Over the last 6 months I spend about $50 on stuff and spend about 17k certs and I got almost nothing to show for it. Since they have to force us to buy new stuff, we are constantly restarting in a way. That is usually not the case with subscription based games. That is not entirely the case, because you lose everything with each new expansion, but at least you got a time window of about a year, where you know that your stuff is safe.
    • Up x 1
  9. Stealth1

10. Jex =TE=

Really, I thought we were talking about the shoddy sales model SOE are using which includes their F2P model and BF3 is ONE example out of hundreds of games that do work and don't use this model so so you're not making a point with that.In factif you want to compare them, I can only think of a handful of decent F2P games so you don't have much of an argument when you tell us all that 1 game sucks so that makes all bought games shoddy.

F2P models suck, they make games based around profit decisions which will have an effect on how the game is designed. I can tell you now that PS2 is still in Alpha, it's buggy and they can't even get the weapons right. Having a F2P model causes shoddy dealings like we're seeing now.

As for P2W I used it ONCE in conjunction with F2P - you on the other hand used it 6 times in your rant. You may think that $200 on a game is a much better investment, but I think people here would find that rather amusing. I paid £20.00 for Arma 2 and the same for Arma 3 which I'll be playing years after PS2 has died - that is clearly and demonstrably a better investment.

You rant at the beginning that they have no argument if they paid full price. See why you've paid over $200 on this game. Because you seem to think that $7 for a gun is fair, other's here see it as a complete ripoff and even $3.50 is way over priced. As for making guns "not OP", how long have yo been playing here? They've nerfed every gun they made practically, it comes out OP then it get's nerfed after enough sales are made - then they further disgrace themselves but trying to get more sales at half price only to nerf the thing in the next patch.
  11. Fafnir

12. MarkoRamius86

13. Nogrim313

simple they will squeeze every single dime they can out of you and then tell you to **** off and read the Terms of service.

DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY, i learned the hard way after giving them $500 for over priced crap that they turned around and nerfed because they couldn't be bothered to properly test the **** before they put it in the store.

i understand balance changes and tweaks will need to be had, but **** you for putting in a store before its ready, trial the weapons for free for a month when you release them before you put them in the store, you made it legal with your BS ToS and Station cash, but it does not change the fact that it is fraudulent and dishonest behaviour and makes your entire company look like a bunch greedy scumbags
  14. Goretzu

They've done this too often now for it to be coincidence, someone somewhere at SOE is clearly planning it. :mad:
  15. Dragonblood

Since vehiclespam will be now a common sight, it's kind of pointless to pull a wraith. There are less people walking at open space, tanks are buffed enough to be resistant against fury attacks and the harasser can hunt down any wraith.
  16. metrotw

it certainly is a LOT harder to wraith with harassers around, exactly how it should be.

let the PLAYERS and in game tools create the natural counters for strategies and tactics that get developed.

everything is there...let people learn to use it instead of NERF NERF NERF.
  17. Dragonblood

I agree
  18. Armchair

This. It is the most popular flash weapon not because it is OP but because a weapon with good spike performance meshes well with an unstable vehicle made out of tissue paper.

The basilisk and kobalt are great guns......the flash chassis just isn't the best platform for it.

Just look at the sundy. The basilisk and kobalt are used to great effect there, but even the sundy's furies are getting nerfed. The weapon is fine and doesn't need any changes.

If there are any problems, its with the flash cloaking device. Perhaps it should cloak/decloak slower or something. Perhaps they should do some real testing on their test server instead of using it as a sneak-peak for changes they are hellbent on pushing to live.

The weapons are fine.
  19. pR4cs

For the love of god, do not nerf the fury. I have NEVER heard ANY player complain about the fury being overpowered.

NO ONE WANTS A FURY NERF
    Spread the word, spread the word, spread the word.
  20. SNAFUS

Well sadly the nerf will come eventually as they said. But thankfully we were able to put it off for a while with all the attention the issue was given for their shifty marketing tactics.