Vulcan

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silversharp, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Imp C Bravo

I don't know about PC balance, but on PS4, the vulcan is just flat out broken good. End of story.
  2. Lukeirot

Do you want a list?
  3. Lukeirot

You dont seem you understand you need to be close to the target for it to be good.
  4. Keidranex

Harasser Vs. Harasser I find that the Vulcan will usually win if I can't get out of a 30m radius of it, which is hard to do as you both have boost, and your chassis will probably dictate who wins. If they have racer and you have rivals, unless you can find a sharp corner around a wall, they will catch you and most likely kill you. Surger? Find a hill that boost alone can't get you up. Racer? Well, unless you're past 30m they've won.
  5. ColonelChingles

You don't seem to understand that being close to the target is not an issue for the nimble and speedy ground vehicle that can also take multiple AP shells.

That's why the Vulcan is fine on the Prowler... the Prowler is much slower, so getting close to your target (and far away) is much riskier.

But on the Harasser... not so fine. Same reason why the Tank Buster is a bit broken on the Liberator as well.
    • Up x 2
  6. JohnGalt36

Yeah, it's super difficult to get behind an obscenely slow vanguard in a light buggy and close in for the easy kill. LOL
    • Up x 2
  7. Plastikfrosch

if it needs 4 organised Harrasers its ok. Im a ****** driver but im good with my saron and my harrasser is fully certed and i have a really good driver by the hand and we managed to kill 2 vanguards, 5 lightnings and 2 sundys before we got killed by tankmines while our factions was totally outnumberd (70% NC). So its all about really good drivers and if organised something like that is possible even with a saron or enforcer.
    • Up x 1
  8. JohnGalt36

Which is absurd. I would actually be fine with the Vulcan if Harassers got 2-shotted by tanks. Really, they are light buggies and should be a OHK for an AP round, but I would take a modest reduction in durability.
    • Up x 1
  9. oberchingus

Wow these Vulcan OP threads are bi-weekly now.
  10. CJLogan

It just amazes me how some people here intentionally and blatantly INSIST on disregarding the SKILL component which is ESSENTIAL in being a good vulcan-harasser, just to cover up their ******** (pun intended XD) and have their nerf. I find this despicable in every possible way.

You think it's enough just getting behind a magrider/vanguard? Well then GO TRY IT, I DARE YOU. The only problem is you'll be calling for Vanguard/Magrider nerfs in less than 20 minutes....

P.S. And the story of 4 vulcan hars wrecking 6 vangs and 4 lightnings is so lacking in detail (and proof) that it just screams ******** - where, how, order of engagement, etc. You're making it look as if pulling a vulcan har is all it takes to steamroll an entire faction to their wg, sheesh.....
  11. Zombo

wow great reasoning, if the developers change something, it MUST be reasonable, right?

besides the Betelgeuse, Orion, SVA-88 and NS-15 M are all not overperforming, lets just nerf them for the heck of it
  12. Plastikfrosch

try to see it this way. i saw a base was ghostcapped by TR. i went there took my smg (eridani) infiltrator and thanks to my spotter i saw that there were 3 guys and in the end i found out all of them were HAs, one with chaingun the other two with msw-r. I still mangaged to kill all 3 of them even while everyone of them had more HP (nearly 2x as much as i had) but thanks to the fact that they they tried to get the spotter it was easy for me to flank and kill them (had to take some medkits and take some cover from time to time but i got them). They came back and the killing and dieing happend over and over again but i got them alot more often then they got me and i could protect the base until the got reinforcements but i got myself reinforcments then too and we destroyed the sundy.
    So the problem of those 3 guys (2x BR100 1x BR70-something) was that they always tried to outpower me while is was outsmarting them. They did not even try to get a spotter (or at least a tracking dart crossbow) for themselfes so i always was able to outrun and flank them.
    So the eridani is a strong cqc smg (like the vulcan is a strong cqc harrasser weapon) and the HAs are like vanguards, hard hitting powerhouses with more long range potential and a lot more health and durability than a weak infiltrator (or harrasser). But its the same: harasserdrivers will most of the time take full stealth to be able to flank, hit and run like an infiltrator while MBTs nearly never take stealth (ok, magriders do) and if you have a problem with an harasser outrunning and outsmarting you, you will have a bad time while playing HA against infils and LAs using theire full potential.

Fazit: its not always a good idea to try to outpower everything, often enough its better to outsmart the enemy.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ianneman

LMG changes are scrapped, they are staying the way they are.
  14. Collin

Sorry guys but TR has to use the Vulcan thats why you see them that often. We cant engage enemy tanks on hillsides with our AV-Infatry weapons cause une bump and the lock is gone.

If TR would get a long range AV infatrie option like every other Fraction as well vulcans would be less pulled. Stats wise they are already in line with the VS and NC Harrasser option (test them in the VR) roughly the same TTK exept on very very close range.
  15. ColonelChingles

Counterpoint: AP Prowler
    • Up x 2
  16. Collin

again when you under siege or have no tech TR can only bring the Vulcan Harraser. And that i mean has no real impact on the game. TR need a AV long range option
    • Up x 1
  17. Goretzu

What does the NC bring without a Tech plant?

The Pheonix's maximum 295m range just about qualitfies as "long range", but statistically the Striker 2.0b or Anni isn't miles off.

35002 - Lancer VS22 | Vehicle KPH | Daily Average: 9.38
    33002 - NC15 Phoenix | Vehicle KPH | Daily Average: 6.54
    34002 - T2 Striker | Vehicle KPH | Daily Average: 5.67
    300203 - TR Annihilator | Vehicle KPH | Daily Average: 5.46

The Raven certainly, and comparatively the Fracture needs a small AV buff, but other than that?
  18. Zombo

i don't know what the fuss about the vulcan is, they are developing CQC counterparts for the VS and NC, and a long range one for the TR

bland boring balance (or b³) how everyone wants it, right?
    god i miss PS1 being populated...
  19. stalkish

Yawn..........................not this again.........and a necrod thread to boot.........how entertaining.
    No vanguard drivers should be complaining about harassers.

Vanguard frontal armour > Vulcan harasser.

If your having problems with them.....equip rival chassis.
    Maybe one day the rest of you useless tankers will wake up.
    Take rival chassis and laugh as the vulcan bullets plink off your frontal armour.
    Also get a gunner FFS :rolleyes: 1 halberd + 1 titan AP SETS IT ON FIRE.
    If your still having problems with rival + a gunner - take the enforcer, its even easier to kill them with it.

Seriously, learn to think, adapt and respond to changing situations on the battlefield, not everything can be taken out with your fav tank build.

TLDR: Learn 2 tank.
    • Up x 2
  20. Kazrak

If you pop your Vanguard shield the Vulcan has to reload atleast once if he's behinde you
    So you got about 5 sek to kill that little fu**er if you're unable to do that please play infantry and lay mines
    and not to mention the fact that one AP shell + one Halberd hit gives the Harasser about 5 sec. befor it burns out

Yeah it's very annoying to always hear the same arguments on a weelky basis

For all you guys who say Vulcan is easy to use
    Sure it's very easy to hit a MBT that is 10m away!

and the endless tale of the 4 Harassers wrecking +6 MBTs, +6 Lightning, +3 Sundis in "mere seconds"....
    With a coordinated squad of 4 Enforcer/Sarron Harassers you can do the same thing WITHOUT losing half of your squad to enemy fire cause you're still 150m away

I just can repeat myself once a week here on forumside:

If you get wrecked by a Vulcan-H from behind during a battle it's YOUR fault for not paying attention cause you were probabably farming infantry on +200m