Vulcan

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silversharp, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Boosted

Exactly. The problem is it's overly used.

Vulcan-H is not OP. Risk vs reward. People in this thread have no idea what they are talking about. I can't count the amount of times I got killed while running 2/3 on my Vulcan-H. Key thing to be OP is effing teamwork and a good damn gunner.

Why don't you NC/VS guys try out the Vulcan-H, it's not easy, it takes skill. And it's not a one man army, you need at least two in a Vulcan-H
  2. Towie

Hate to say it - but this is EXACTLY the same situation as the pre-nerf PPA. Statistically in terms of kills-per-unique, it was surprisingly similar to Canister and Marauder. But it was pulled way (WAY) more than either and so infantry were likely to be killed by one, hence the calls for a nerf.

Same with Vulcan-H - if in an NC or VS vehicle, you are quite likely going to die to a Vulcan. But as there are so many of them, it brings down the same KPU stat.

Let's look at what actually kills vehicles. Take MBTs - Vulcan-H kills more MBTs than any other MBT Secondary AV weapon, let alone any other Harasser weapon !

But anyway - in my humble opinion - it is slightly OP. I'm not talking pre-nerf PPA here - but fast, maneuverable buggy + short TTK is a pretty deadly combination, despite the relatively high risk...
  3. asmodraxus

Maybe the Vulcan-H needs to be given the PPA treatment, but then it would be completely trashed whilst the Enforcer and Saron get buffed, and that I don't want to see funny as it would be :confused:

Minor adjustments are needed for the Vulcan-H but then seeing as there is going to be a Vulcan clone for the NC and VS is it really needed (if they are released any time soon)?
  4. Boosted

You're talking about PPA on ESF right? If so, then it only takes one person to be OP and that IS a little OP.
  5. TheDarSin

6. Jake the Dog

Yes, when I mean intent to kill the enemy (in your defense I should've clarified) is that I mean someone who isn't fresh off the COD/BF boat and shoots at everything.

And I can't tell if sarcasm pointed at my comment... or you're using sarcasm saying that you don't play TR... either way lol
  7. Jake the Dog

Imma gonna break this comment down for you because I've broken quite a few deployed prowlers myself.

A magrider FPC does 1865 damage.
    A full saron blast does 1602 (over 1.2s).
    For a total of 3467 dmg.

Tank rear HP 4000
    Tank rear armor 30%
    Tank effective rear HP: 5714
    5714-3467= 2247 Hp after initial volley effectively 40% of his health remains. <- Not combat effective

Meanwhile he's trying to figure out wtf is happening to his tank so he's likely disoriented.

The FPC reloads in 3.25s and the saron has a similar load time. Either way he's dead next volley. Most of the time a deployed prowler will undeploy on taking a rear hit and try to turn around or drive forward. I would assume they don't check their minimap. If you can't kill an enemy tank from the rear you got issues.

(these are raw numbers and dont take into account other buffs)

If you don't have a gunner (which on a mag I would suggest having it due to the sheer power and killing potential of the saron) learn how to switch between gunner seat and driver effectively. If you switch seats while the fpc is half loaded you can drop a full saron clip, then switch back when that's at half and shoot another fpc, then switch back. Note not for open combat but more for when you have the drop on your enemy as in the scenario provided. Also note due to the nature of the sarons 6 round mag, if this is your intended playstyle think about halberd.

Also if you like the idea of sneaking up on tanks, use stealth which is by far the best ability imho.

Yes a deployed prowler is a formidable opponent but is laughable against skilled mag pilots.

Rant over
    -floats away on stealth mag-
  8. Taleroth

The problem with the Vulcan-H is just the mindshare it has. TR have some great Harasser teams out there, probably more so than any other faction, for whatever reason, and we're all a bunch of idiots blaming the weapon instead of realizing that it's just good players who know what they're doing. It's an idea that spread like a virus.

I used to think it was ridiculous too and I was prepared to continue thinking that until yesterday or the day before when I was shown that the Saron can kill a Sunderer in nearly the exact same TTK at close range. Even the Enforcer only ended up being a split second slower.

But I'd heard how scary it was, I got killed by it a couple of times, and with no other thought, I became scared and spread the word.
  9. Jubikus

Kills mean nothing the most relivent stat to compare weapons of the same catagory is KPH VKPH and AKPH as its a stat that measures its effectiveness with time+ kills a weapon shouldn't be nerfed because its used more they should ask the question why is it used more? my answer would be because Striker and Fractures suck and you cant always pull a prowler so whats your best answer for armor well its a Vulcan Harasser its not OP in the slightest statistics say so.
    ---------------------------------KPH----------------------VKPH-------------AKPH
    Vulcan-H-------------------29.99----------------------22.27---------------1.14
    Saron HRB-H------------30.99----------------------22.23---------------0.74
    Enforcer Ml65-H---------32.26----------------------25.1----------------0.69
  10. Jubikus

exactly. And the graphs make it look better than it actually is it kills 1.14 aircraft compared to the others .74 and .69 so an amazing half an air per hour where both its counterparts have 1 or more kph on it and then VKPH the enforcer beats it by almost 3 basically performance wise the saron and vulcan are basically the same and the enforcer is a small bit better. Just for kicks lets add all 3 KPH together for each vehicle and see what each ones total is which should accurately sum up each ones performance.
    Vulcan-H----53.4
    Saron-H-----53.96
    Enforcer-H-58.05

as you can tell the Enf... i mean Vulcan is clearly overpowered and the best performing Harasser weapon plz nerf./s
  11. CJLogan

There's no defense, I love sarcasm, and you do too XD But yeah, you know what I mean, (and this applies to everyone talking statistics), it's not as easy as it looks, quite the contrary - don't be so quick to attribute someone's skill and hard work to mere numbers. Or just keep nerfing everything until you realize it's not the tools, it's the people behind them - out-think them. That's all there is to it...