Vulcan

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silversharp, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Goretzu

I'm not entirely sure the Vulcan-H is directly overpowered.

But it definately benefits from a similar thing as the Banshee and Rocket Pods once did.

That is you're happily minding your own business ( :p ) when suddenely out of nowhere brrriinngdingdingdingdingding and it is weh? what? where? arrgh! there! no dead!

And if you do spot them right away and fight back they just zoom off to repair and come again (much like ESFs and all pre-nerf Harrassers did).

So its basically frustration on the recieveing end either way and I suspect that is why people hate them so much.

Which is to say it is more the mobility of the Harrasser with the Vulcan-H that is the problem, the Vulcan-H for whatever reason seems to have almost given the TR a pre-nerf Harraser back.

It's also a possibly because they gel very well with Prowlers, in that people are understandibly busy trying not to be destroyed by extreme range Prowlers allowing Harrasers with Vulcan-H's to get in close and attack, but if you're then trying to fight off Harrassers you're probably going to get it from the Prowlers. Again not a massive advantage over VS/NC equiverlent tactics, but probably a slightly wider niche for the TR to expliot there.
  2. Collin

Mate all these numbers and still you don´t get the point. The TR have no chance in one department LONG range. To all you shiny stats picking you need to add the ravens and the fractures and the VS Max. And remember the striker got recently buffed trust me the numbers of the striker will go down fast once people the new shine wears off.

So the VS have the Lancer the NC got the Ravens and the TR got well a striker with wonkey mechanics which is all obsolete one the swarm comes into play and the striker is all over useless again
  3. Goretzu

Well yes and no, because with Prowlers TR arguably have the best long-range capabilities, without arguably sub-par long-range capabilities (the Fracture needs a long-range AV buff).
    • Up x 1
  4. Collin

again Tanks is an other department here, while the VS can actually drive into the enemy base and the NC have the shield the TR have to stay into distance.

But once the magriders especially start to spawncamp you can´t hit them. Try to counter a magrider on amerish. Impossible. At least for the TR we have no weaponsystem which can shoot up the hill.

The funny part is TR is not sub-par long range AV we have NONE. All infatrie and maxes have to stand next to the enemy tanks to shoot them or hope that the lock holds. Magriders can break a lock EASY
  5. Goretzu

See again given that Prowlers are the best performing AV and AI tank I don't really think there's much to complain about in that context.

(again small long distance AV buff to Fractures, certainly, small AV buff to Striker 2.0b certainly, small buff to Banshee (maybe)).

But Prowlers are more than fine.

I mean don't really see what advantage the Van shield is actually giving if it is still somewhat underperforming compared to the Prowler in both AV and AI? :confused:

Even in a toe to toe a 2 man Anchored AP Prowler will kill a 2 man AP Van using its shield.
    • Up x 1
  6. Collin

Prowlers are fine. IF a lock down prowler meets a not breaindead and blind magrider 1 on 1 in open field the prowler is dead.

Again the benifit of the secondary lock down prowler is 0 so most people just leave these farm mashines alone.

Tanks are not very important in this game. The LIB eats up all 3 tanks alive even with a single gunner for example.

Most important what is your option to defend the base. With the redeployside in alearts the problem is mostly to reach to point and whipe the spawncamping tanks. TR have no opntions here to clear that area. NC pull ravens and VS lancers and their maxes. Pounders are only and it seems its just me using them that way when you get the high ground.

So basicly the vulcan and harraser is sometimes the only option for the TR to defend of even attack bases.
  7. dieselrd

Lmao at skill being ignored when talking about the Vulcan as OP, I used all three factions and I'll say it again, I can grab a random off the warpgate and rack up certs with the vulcan, but I wouldn't DARE try that with another faction. That speaks volumes. Of course a good driver/gunner combo will make it that much more devastating lol, that's common sense.

Also, everyone that is making threads about the Vulcan being OP is a noob? Everyone commenting and making the same point is wrong? Everyone? Seems pretty overwhelming. I've never even complained about a single gun in a single game being OP in 30 years of gaming, but this damn thing needs work, not sure what, but something.
  8. Dgross

About 6 people just explained why TR use the Vulcan more then anything else on the harasser. Instead of listening you're flapping your mouth again.
    Get a box of tissue, dry those salty tears, and stop making excuses for either:

A) Your poor situational awareness
    B) Your bad call of not taking a secondary gunner
    C) Your bad aim

Or possibly it's all 3.
    You're the problem here. Not the weapon.

After 30 years you must be playing games on a mountain of salt.
  9. Matt0193

Vulcan isn't the problem, it's the Harasser itself. Between it's speed and manoeuvrability, the Harasser's effective survivability is what makes the Vulcan seem OP. It's also partly Engineers, repairing vehicles in general is far too quick which means any non-lethal damage you do is effectively pointless. Oh, you dropped that Harasser down to 30%? Don't worry, you've only got 10 seconds before he comes back at full.
  10. Fkn Steve

Currently it takes 3 ap shells to kill the go kart with max reload speed im dead before i load the third round. Even with a gunner most of the time if you see one vulcan harrasser you see 3 vulcan harrassers and since it takes 450 nanites for my mag and only 150 for them how long do you think we can last when they endlessly pull over and over again i wouldnt nurf the damage awhole lot but it should be brought done seeing as saron and enforcer variants for harrasers are weaker than mbt versions but ive i go fown with one clip of vulcan a go kart should go down with one ap round at most 2
  11. CJLogan

Oh really, mate? Well then, fire up that recording software and let me see you rack up certs with a random gunner, because I can't seem to kill a flash with randoms, let alone an MBT (that's actually why I insist on trusted gunners). C'mon now, put your money where your mouth is...
  12. Dgross

It's speed and maneuverability is the Harasser's ONLY defense. It has practically no armor, so no the problem isn't the Harasser.
    It's people that can't bother to scan their surroundings and don't bring gunners with them.
  13. Jake the Dog

I know man, I feel the pain.
  14. Jake the Dog

Ummm... Thats really not that hard... Honestly as long as the gunner has an intent to kill enemies, he can be guarenteed to get a bunch of kills... But dont believe me I've never played TR in my entire ps2 experience...
  15. CMDante

There's nothing wrong with the Vulcan, it beats both ES AV options up close and loses further out. That's what balance is.
  16. asmodraxus

You do realize that a 1/2 Prowler does more damage and will kill said mag if its 1/2 even if the Mag attacks from the Prowlers rear, add gunners into the mix and then it gets a bit messy
  17. Collin

Again you think its unbeatable? i dont think so a lock down prowler WILL lose when engaged in a fight by a medium skilled crew

Take a magrider on a hill! TR have not a single weapon on the ground to get him down there! None. Actually one the archer
  18. asmodraxus

Numbers don't lie the DPS of a fully locked down prowler means it will kill a mag against frontal armor quicker then a mag will 1/2 will kill a prowler against its rear armor.
  19. Collin

so both tanks are sitting still....

ohhh wait the prowler is sitting duck on the ground can´t move can´t retreat while the magrider can

Strafe
    Afterburn
    Run
    turn
    move
    and shoot

If you go frontal on a lock down prowler and you loose then sorry i don´t know what to say. Plus a said the prowler is fine BUT the point is its a different AV department here.

The TR desperate need a LONG RANGE AV gun do shoot at VEHICLES you know. The Striker is BROKEN the FRACTURES are useless. Lock ONS don´t work on groundvehicle above you or on the same level. So what do you do?
  20. CJLogan

Intent is one thing, capability and gunning prowess is something entirely different - I don't pull vulcan hars unless I'm positively sure of my gunner's skill because 99% of the time they look the other way, shoot at distant libs (nullifying our stealth), shoot at infantry on the nearby hill while a sundy is IN FRONT of us, etc. The other 1% become my trusted gunners. So although I chuckled at your sarcasm, you may wanna take that "bunch of kills" down quite a couple of notches.

P.S. If it makes you feel any better, I thought being a gunner requires 0 skill, but taking on MBTs with a full stealth vulcan harasser changed my mind quicker than you can say I-was-lying-I-don't-play-TR XD Cheers.