[VS][IVGD] Iron Vanguard

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by Crestfall, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Crestfall

TuskenRaiderMel - Accepted
    LuckyJawa - Accepted

Please contact Crestfall, Shurriken, ViperWithARifle, BlackTitanium or DopplerSHIFT for an invite.
  2. FitzgeraldIT

Good day to all

1. Ingame name?
    FitzgeraldIT (as you can imagine here, I am Italian)

2. Experience with FPS games in general?
    I have been playing for many years now, though for the most part in single player. Quake, Unreal, CoD, Delta Force, and more.

3. List your experience working with organized groups, in PS or in other games.
    In PS i did not have many chances to work in groups (most were very disorganized); on other online games, well I have been clan leader (recovering a dying clan) for a year or so on a MMORPG and partecipated notably/lead on "strategic" browser games (meaning: I did most of the work, also regarding environment analysis and plannings)

4. What's your favorite way to play PS2? (Vehicle, infantry, style)
    Lately I found out I really like using aircraft (after figuring out how to maneuver decently), though having for now only the Saron laser is a bit of a setback (aaand playing mouse&keyboard makes sometimes aiming a pain). Otherwise, I also like using tanks (I unlocked the HEAT cannon for the Lightning, not liking the Viper).
    As infantry, i tend using the Medic (and unlocked most of the tool upgrades), while the other classes I use on need (obviously, for vehicles Engineer with decently upgraded tool).
    Not having a solid team, I had to play as adaptable as possible: I tend to have some problems on CQC (real close, I mean), while I am usually accurate with assault rifles on a distance.
    I would like the chance to play more tactically, since it's a game that values it quite a lot (and I have seen some realy well played team maneuvers).

5. (Optional) Your most memorable moment in gaming?
    Och, this is a hard one. I don't know, I have seen some pretty awesome scenes, but I can't recall one now for being exceptional.

PS: I should point out that, being a physics universitary studient, I tend to not have time in the moring/first part of the afternoon; also, having to rely usually on a consumption-based internet connection I probably won't play more than a couple of hours a day (variable). Also, sometimes I play tabletop RPG with some friends, and that makes that evening busy.
  3. TigraXL

4. Shurrikken

5. TigraXL

6. Crestfall

FitzgeraldIT - Accepted

Contact the above-mentioned for an invite.
  7. Shurrikken

8. Cognition

1. Ingame name?
    blackityblack

Used to dabble in the popular shooters; Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo etc. And still do occasionally, although I understand that Planetside 2 tactics can differ from those used in arena-style FPS games.

I use Mumble and Skype when playing C&C, so I have a brief knowledge of communication and it's importance.

I'm a "jack of all trades" type of person so I'm never typically playing one class or doing one thing for a long period of time because I like to change it up and keep things fresh, but the mentality and reasoning behind this play-style is that I get to learn all of the classes and vehicles at an even rate so that my knowledge of the game is consistent across the board and never skewed too heavily in one area. The other benefit of this play-style is that I'll know how to put the enemy on their back foot by knowing their advantages and exploiting their disadvantages. That said, I have recently enjoyed playing the Combat Medic, Heavy and Engineer due to their versatility and multiple support roles on the battlefield.

I probably have so many good moments that I can't even remember, but the feeling of success and dedication gained from Hard Mode S Ranking all of the Armored Core 4 missions is one that'll stick with me.

6. (Optional) Why us?
    I think that surrounding yourself with people better than you only gives you more opportunities to pull yourself up to their level and gain an understanding from a more experienced perspective. This actually gives anyone and everyone the opportunity to do the same, and the result? Continuous expansion and exchange of creative and positive energies, learning at an exponential rate along the way. I've found in my experience that a little thought and effort to understand something goes a long way, such as making an effort to be more conscious of the decisions you make or making the effort to join an organised outfit (especially since a lot of people playing Planetside 2 seem like headless-chickens with guns).
  9. Shurrikken

Accepted!

Please contact Crestfall, Shurriken, ViperWithARifle, BlackTitanium or DopplerSHIFT for an invite.
  10. Knarson

1. Ingame name?

Knarson

I have played several of those games: Half-Life, Unreal, Quake, Call of Duty,....

3. How would you rate yourself as a marksman, on a scale of 1-10? (That means, how well can you shoot?)

I'm a bad marksman probably only a 2. But i love the supporter role. I mostly play an engineer with a pandora, so enemies should not come to near ;-) In short range i have a good chance to survive.

4. List your experience working with organized groups, in PS or in other games.

I played DAOC for some years. I loved the teamplay - which i now found in ps 2, without the high grinding factor of these old MMORPGs

5. Willingness to follow orders and to pay attention to squad chat?

Immo, this is an absolutely MUST to be the winning team. I am in an other outfit at the moment, but we are not able to work together. There are always a few players which are running anywhere else on the map. This is the reason why i want to change the outfit.

6. Preferred class and vehicle? (And competencies with others, if you have them?)

I am Level 30.

75% engineer: fully equipped with explosives, shotgun (i love the Pandora), full armor. I play it in an more "agressive" style, so you will mostly find me close to the enemies, running behind a MAX or putting mines at tactical doorways.

15% heavy: i equipped my heavy for the main reason to use the rocket launcher. I have an Annihilator, to frighten all these flying stuff and then shooting for some ground vehicles.

5% Sani: i f the group needs an sani, i sometimes switch

5% Spy: in some circumstances i need a really long range weapon, so i equipped a V10 to kill some enemies over distance.

As i am a teamplayer, the Sunderer my vehicle. (full armor, full speed, spawn-point)

7. (Optional) Your most memorable moment in gaming?

I have a lot of them ;-) Remembering big fights, taking a few hours, with some tactical decisions which turned the blade ;-)
  11. Manipulator

I'm Homelessman9000 ingame.
    Played most big fps titles: all the battlefield games, most cod games
    also dota 2, world of warcraft when its mmo's in general
    In dota 2 i had my own clan and world of warcraft i had my own guild
    I like to play as engineer, light assault and heavy assault.
    I use the sunderer, liberator and scythe. Sometimes i switch to tanks if they're on cooldown.
    To be honest you seem good and organized which i find the european servers to be lacking. Happy to follow orders no prob.
  12. Simsarmy

Ingame name: Simsarmy

Experience with FPS games in general: As an all-round gamer, I have played but not mastered a great deal of FPS games. My favorites include Star Wars Battlefront, Call of Duty, Team Fortress 2 and a little Halo.

List your experience working with organized groups: I have been a Guild Leader and Officer on both Guild Wars and World of Warcraft, as well as moderating fairly large forums. I typically deal with organization of events and general administration. On the occasion I take part in PvP; I will try to use tactics and planning as the main focus of engagement.

What's your favorite way to play PS2: I like to sample everything the game has to offer and as such I have no specific class or vehicle I prefer over any others. With that in mind, of the three (infantry, ground and air) I played with Heavy Infantry, Magrider's and Liberator's the most. I generally prefer to be on foot though.

I prefer when the Guild/Clan/Outfit I'm joining is small enough to allow their players to get to know each other - rather than simply being a large group of people.
  13. Masato2020

1. Ingame name?
    Venzon - BR 26

Quake 3, counter-strike, planet side 1, Battlefield serie, Modern warfare 2/3 and planet side 2 :)

I did some clan wars in Counter-strike, also played alot as squad member in Planet side 1

I love light assault and engineers, from vehiculs, i like Scythe AA/AG, mag, lighting HE

I know fighting at crown sux but still :) it was an epic moment :p still got tears in my eyes when i think about it :p
    There was this 1 day... when i went just over the hill to take a look in my HE lighting... and i saw TR advancing up the opossite hill charging NC tower :p They looked like ants... i had 28 shells with me... did like 80 kills with them in less than 5 mins :)

That's how rain has to look like in hell :)

6. (Optional) Why us?
    I like that u are nicely organised and i want some team action!

Cheers
  14. Crestfall

We welcome you into the outfit! Those that have not received invites yet (blackity, I believe), should get in contact with the above-mentioned.
  15. datfluttershy

i don't normaly give kudos to the other factions, but i love fighting IVGD - even though you stacked up your SMG use - it is always a fun challange when i see your tags runnin arround an area if have to go into. Keep up the quallity - cya on Cobalt

(a Jester)
    • Up x 2
  16. MrMoonWaffle

1. Ingame name?
    MrMoonWaffle (MrMoonWaffle1 is the name of the soldier on this particular server)

Fairly experienced. I've messed around with friends on Battlefield 3, used to play lots of Halo, and I have some experience with Call of Duty. I consider myself decent at first person shooters.

I play with friends on a daily basis. (usually not Planetside 2, but on games with a similar need for teamwork)

Light Assault at the moment, but I can change to a different class when needed. I am decent with flying vehicles and can also drive well.

6. (Optional) Why us?
    You guys seem pretty cool. Not having an age limit, but rather a maturity limit is very nice (I am 14, although I am much more mature than most people my age).
  17. Wund3rwaffen

Ohh that's just sweet.. We love u guys too!
  18. Shurrikken

19. PLZAXBB

Greetings.

1. Ingame name:
    XXX000XXX

2. Experience with FPS games in general:
    CS, CoD, Halo etc... Been playing PS2 since Beta

3. List your experience working with organized groups, in PS or in other games:
    I`ve been in several well organized groups in different MMOs, Most notably EVE, GW2 and PS2. I like clear chain of command and organized comms during ops.

4. What's your favorite way to play PS2? (Vehicle, infantry, style):
    Infantry: Most of the time I play as infiltrator (either SMG or Sniper) or HA. I am willing to switch to any role that is situationally needed.
    Vehicles: Mostly I enjoy flying ESFs...

Some pretty tense moments in EvE online, too complicated (and too long) to describe here
  20. Dragoras

1. Ingame name?
    Dragorass

BF2, CS 1,6, CS:GO,

3. How would you rate yourself as a marksman, on a scale of 1-10? (That means, how well can you shoot?)
    7-9 (sniper distance) 6-8 (short/medium distance)

4. List your experience working with organized groups, in PS or in other games.
    WoW: I was officier in nice organized raiding guild, CS:GO: I had own clan, Dota, Diablo 3

5. Willingness to follow orders and to pay attention to squad chat?
    I dislike zerg fights, I like order. I hate unorganized fights on the Crown.

6. Preferred class and vehicle? (And competencies with others, if you have them?)
    I like play LA and ambush bases or infiltrator in stealth actions and sniper actions.

7. (Optional) Your most memorable moment in gaming?
    Many and many moments with my m8s ;-).