[VS][IVGD] Iron Vanguard

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by Crestfall, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Crestfall

2. Casey03

1. Ingame name?
    Casey03

2. Experience with FPS games in general?

I have been playing FPS since the days of MoH:AA. I have done all the CoD and Battlefields.

3. List your experience working with organized groups, in PS or in other games.
    No experience within PS. Always been apart of clans in every game i have played. Use to play to be one of them "Pro Gamers" but its just not worth it and ruins any game you play, now i like to play for serious fun and giggles. I was a hard core eve online player, so if you have ever played that game, you know i have experience working large of groups of players.

4. What's your favorite way to play PS2? (Vehicle, infantry, style)
    At the minute the engineer is my prime choice and along with the tanks, would like to be able to use the flying machines but for me flying with a keyboard and mouse is just not fun and puts having a joystick to waste.

5. (Optional) Your most memorable moment in gaming?
    Gaming lans, Just the general banter and stuff that goes on makes it well worth the time.

6. (Optional) Why us?
    I am looking for a larger clan to join, shows they have more organisation, which means more group and team play style.
  3. J1gsaw

1. Ingame name? J1gsaw
    2. Experience with FPS games in general? Planetside 1, CS, CS:GO, RTCW, RTCW:ET, AA
    I can't remember the US Outfit I was a member of during the Planetside 1 days, but I was a member of the Swedish National Team for Clanbase on RTCW and RTCW:ET. I was also a member of the 75th Rangers on Americas Army.
    Airsupport, Vehicle (mainly giving out a Sunderer spawn point) and Infantry if no vehicles are available. But mainly Air.
    Oh wow, I've been gaming since the early days, but I'd say winning the NationsCup was one of my most memorable moments.
    6. (Optional) Why us?
    I played abit in a squad with the Vanguard members in it, seemed very organized their movement so I decided I'd like to give it a try.
  4. BlackbookPS

1. Ingame name?

BlackbookPS

PlayerStats here

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428021759060256097/

11 years on and off. Played a lot of the last Medal of Honor. Experienced BF3 player about level 56 Colonel. PS2 since late December with a 7 week break, only become a member about 4 weeks ago.

I have played with TRID/OWND/PTMC and I do not feel they offer the level of organisation that I am seeking.

At least with IVGD I can usually find them at the Bio Lab.

I prefer to play Combat Medic, however as I lone wolf I quite often play HA with Resist Shield to improve my lone playstyle.

I will do absolutely anything to get the job done, which is somewhat lacking in the randoms even if the enemy Sundy is parked outside the spawn room, or I have to change class to give a MAX a repair.

At an ultra secret location my HE Lightning ***** a whole NC Zerg, I got over 80 kills with only 1 death. Pure cheese, but they couldn't say they didn't know where I was.

6. (Optional) Why us?

I have played with the other Outfits and they are not suitable for me. I am a BR73 player who got there alone and 90% thru infantry action. I would prefer to be around high SPM players who top the leaderboard where I could actually learn something.

I feel that even a squad of 12 above average players would be a force to be reckoned with, I get the feeling only IVGD could offer this level of player.

I also have a microphone and I am a tactical thinker.

..............................................................................................

If possible I would prefer that I can join a squad for a few days and IVGD and myself evaluate each other before even thinking of allowing me to join the outfit.

I will be on tonight after the maintenance patch and can be contacted under BlackbookPS.

I am going away on holiday from 13th-23 August, first time in years!
  5. Biohazard099

1. Ingame name?
    My in-game name is : Chiric0 BR 36 my player profile is located here: https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010917253330833/

Extremely extensive FPS experience, dating back all the way to the MS-DOS days of Hexen, Blood, Rise of the Triad, Wolvenstein 3D, Duke Nukem, Quake 1,2, , Daikatana (not proud of this!) , the old voxel based Delta Force, Unreal, UT - all the way to the modern present. Predominantly I'm a PC gamer. But I do experience with the FPS genre on consoles, that I only use for console exclusives that I like. If there's a modern FPS game available on both consoles and PC? Then I will always get it for PC.

I used to play Tribes 1 & 2, BF1942, BF2 and the original Planet side like it was a religion. I love large scale FPS combat games where team-play is paramount to success. I've played these games in small organized groups, cause back then it was kind of hard putting together a group with a good ping/latency towards each other, which is why my organized gameplay usually revolved around my 12-20 IRL friends and squadding up on a daily basis to fight. Using mics, voice chat and tactics to try and win over the zerg.

I absolutely love flying in my Reaver and playing close-air support, and in general keeping air off of my team when taking over a facility. Second that, I love playing infantry in a supportive position. Engineer to keep our expensive MAX units fresh and pumping lead whilst keeping people topped off with ammo, Heavy Assault for sustained surpressive fire, or hacking terminals and turrets in the initial wave of an attack on a large facility to keep our losses to a minimal. Starting to love the MAX unit as of late in a pure AV role. Vortex cannons are just so fun :))

My most memorable moment, the one that I still occasionally bring up with my friends on "you remember that summer when .. " is back in the SNES era. It was the school summer vacation and Metal Warriors just came out, a really awesome 2-player split-screen VS mech game. With somebody's parents gone, the house was ours. We're stuck in a sweaty room of 12 young teens glued behind a small 55cm TV playing it. But every hour ? We'd been playing since early morning, and starting noon the SNES would get so hot that it nearly burned at the touch - that we had to start disconnecting it every hour and literally putting it in the freezer for 5 minutes to cool off - so that we could play again. We lasted until the next morning.

6. (Optional) Why us?
    I'm sick and tired of being a lone wolf. It's worked out great so far. But with the influx of new players on Cobalt it's just been getting more and more frustrating. Examples.
    Being a dual vortex MAX that can deal with the herd of tanks outside our door, yet NONE Of the 15 people standing around me looking and staring outside wants to quickly hit the terminal to become an engineer, patch me up so that I can do what i do best. Either that, or not being revived whilst were'at a cap point, no sunderer. And there's 8 medics around me. It grinds me how people not grasp simple things.

I want to work with an organized group, so that I can play to my true potential instead of being held back. I want to be able to employ tactics with people that I can rely upon and take a point against numerical odds. Teamplay over zerg.

So far, after having looked at all the Vanu outfits on Cobalt, you guys seem to be the most organized. Clear and concise structure. Coming over mature. I hope to be a part of that.
  6. SkullFace

Ingame name?
    My name is SkullFace45

Experience with FPS games in general?
    I am very experienced in FPS games playing stuff like Duke Nukem back in the day to competitive CS:S :D

List your experience working with organized groups, in PS or in other games.
    I haven't had much experience working in a team in PS:2 but I have played tactical shooters such as the ACE mod for Arma were teamwork is literally needed to complete missions.

What's your favorite way to play PS2? (Vehicle, infantry, style)
    I love playing Heavy Assault but I can also play pretty well in a MAX suit!

(Optional) Your most memorable moment in gaming?
    I have so many memorable moments playing games, it's kinda hard to say really but I could tell you a load of TS :D

(Optional) Why us?
    Honestly, you guys sounded the most fun to play with, also I like the idea of team work!
  7. Selerox

Please be aware that Iron Vanguard has now merged with 1TNC.

Therefore recruitment is permanently suspended.

Apologies to any of you who have applied recently and not received a response.
  8. Da Kind Chap

1. Ingame name?

F1nalDestiny

I play quite a lot of FPS eg.TF2,Counter Strike Global Offensive, but mostly I play PS2.

3. How would you rate yourself as a marksman, on a scale of 1-10? (That means, how well can you shoot?)

Around 6 for carbines and smgs and 8 for sniping long range.

4. List your experience working with organized groups, in PS or in other games.

I have played MMOs in groups and also some multiplayer strategy games.

5. Willingness to follow orders and to pay attention to squad chat?

I follow orders most of the time and always have an eye on the group chat for instructions.

6. Preferred class and vehicle? (And competencies with others, if you have them?)

My favorite classes are light assault and infiltrator(fine with sniping and smg) and my favorite vehicles is flash.

7. (Optional) Your most memorable moment in gaming?

It is fighting the most powerful boss in Dragon Nest MMO(if you know what I mean).
  9. Da Kind Chap

1. Ingame name?

F1nalDestiny

I play quite a lot of FPS eg.TF2,Counter Strike Global Offensive, but mostly I play PS2.

3. How would you rate yourself as a marksman, on a scale of 1-10? (That means, how well can you shoot?)

Around 6 for carbines and smgs and 8 for sniping long range.

I have played MMOs in groups and also some multiplayer strategy games.

I follow orders most of the time and always have an eye on the group chat for instructions.

6. Preferred class and vehicle? (And competencies with others, if you have them?)

My favorite classes are light assault and infiltrator(fine with sniping and smg) and my favorite vehicles is flash.

It is fighting the most powerful boss in Dragon Nest MMO(if you know what I mean).
  10. FinestSeven

1. Ingame name?
    FinestSeven

I've been playing FPS since I got my hands of Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. Since then I've mostly played my FPS games on consoles but I've sunk a considerable amount of time on Source mods during the last 3-4 years.

I've been involved in some clan activity in a realistic WWII source mod called "Resistance and Liberation". It was a realism clan (or unit or whatever) that set its goal to play the game as "realistically" as it could. It had its ups 'n downs but it's gone now-a-days anyways. It was fun though.

I usually play heavy assault and heavy assault only. No vehicles, except for transportation and even then I prefer to be the gunner. (Blood n' toil is where it's at :p) Allthough if the situation calls for it, I usually take on a support role to help with a specific problem and so forth (for example healing sundies). If I'd have to pick a vehicle, it'd be a sunderer (credit to team).

Probably a last stand in a inter-clan match in the aforementioned Source mod. I was the last man standing, wounded and with only a colt with two clips in it and a couple of hand grenades. To spare you the excruciating details, I somehow managed to win against the remnants of the enemy team, consisting of three guys with superior weapons.

6. (Optional) Why us?
    You seem like the organized group that I've been looking for, when I've been playing Planetside. From what I've read you guys seem to uphold more-or-less the same values that I do, when it comes to gaming in general.
  11. Ribero

Just guessing this still applies

12. Selerox

Just to reiterate:

Please be aware that Iron Vanguard merged with 1TNC five months ago.

13. Joniebonie

14. Dagger1231

1. Ingame name?

Dagger1231

Mainly play games such as; Battlefield, Call Of Duty, Sniper Elite, Planeside 2

8 my expertise is long range marksmanship

Loads of league play on Black ops 2, lots of group play on Battlefield 3

I wish to have commands to have and an objective, rather than shoot what you see

Infiltrator, i have a pretty much perfect set up in my eyes, also a fan of the light assault, vehicle wise I tend to use the scythe

Top of Black ops 2 league play leaderboards
  15. Selerox

Just to reiterate (again):

Please be aware that Iron Vanguard merged with 1TNC five six months ago.