[VS][IVGD] Iron Vanguard

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by Crestfall, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Crestfall

Raymone - accepted. Contact Crestfall, Shurriken, ViperWithARifle or Tkristensen ingame for an invite.

Curiko - you can join up with one of our event platoons. See our website for event dates. As for training, we no longer host generalized training events, as most of our players are long-time veterans, but any questions you have about the game can be answered (and tactics shared)
  2. DarkElite

1. Ingame name: Scythetester
    2. Experience with FPS games in general: CS:GO Tribes: Acend, Crysis 3, Warframe, PS2
    3. List your experience working with organized groups, in PS or in other games: Pretty much a veteran at this. My main is in the 666th Devil Dogs, and I've also played many other games requiring team play.
    4. What's your favorite way to play PS2? (Vehicle, infantry, style): Depends on my mood. Can play all.
    5. (Optional) Your most memorable moment in gaming?
    6. (Optional) Why us? I'm looking for a big European VS Outfit to play with while the guys on my main are asleep. You guys fit my criteria
  3. Shurrikken

We're not interested in accepting alts if they are not direct friends of anyone in the IVGD. No offense, but you should probably keep looking.
  4. Mr4ed

Hello. I have already wrote my CV and hope I can join again. I was a member of the iron vanguard in start of ps2 and then lost the spirit I had, but now I found my spirit for fighting with my old outfit. So please Crestfall:)
  5. Zangelin

1. Masune
    2. Counter Strike, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Planetside 1, Unreal Tournament, Quake and tons of the singleplayer FPSes. I'd concider myself above avarage.
    3. Been in some clans in other games but nothing too tactical. But i heavily enjoy following good orders and providing tactical advice and status reports if the situation allows it.
    4. I love playing supporting roles such as medic or engineer but also do very well in frontlines and infiltration assignments. I also like being in vehicles though so i suppose i like all of it? Ill do whats needed.
    5. I think it's when my 8 yearold self finally beat ocarina of time.
    6. You seem like a proffesional and good outfit. Though it would be my first i am eager to be challanged.
  6. Wund3rwaffen

A friendly warning.
    Most of the IVGD people are a bunch of ninjas.
  7. Zangelin

That sounds like a good thing to me.
  8. Crestfall

Zangelin - Accepted
    Mister4ed - Reaccepted

Contact me or Shurriken for invites.
  9. atraaan

10. Revolver1

1. Ingame name?
    Revolver1
    Battlerank 65

2. Experience with FPS games in general?
    I have been playing FPS games for over 10 years now. Examples: Cod2, Halo, BF

3. List your experience working with organized groups, in PS or in other games.
    I have started out with PTMC, and joined with OWND later on. I have run squads and platoons with both outfits. My game style is all about territory control, I do not care much about big fights.

4. What's your favorite way to play PS2? (Vehicle, infantry, style)
    Scythe is my fave , I fancy myslef to be one of the best pilots on the server :O. Infiltrator is my favourite class, because it is elegant and requires more skill than any other classes. (It is a hard class to master but the most rewarding in my opinion)

The reason I want to join Iron Vanguard is because I want to fight with the best soldiers in the game.
  11. Crestfall

Revolver1 - Application withdrawn, will remain with OWND.
  12. Towers

1. Ingame name?
    YOUDEADNOWDAWG (In caps)
    Lots. First FPS game was Doom, then Quake 1.
    It works out great. I usually manage to execute tasks with little effort, and I get along with everyone.
    Infantry. While I get a bunch of kills in my scythe or lib, I prefer the versatility of an infantry. I play heavy infantry most of the time, but I go medic, engineer, and infiltrator whenever that's necessary. I do fine with all.
    In entire gaming history? That's very hard to say. I guess my most memorable would be when I got my first console.
    6. (Optional) Why us?
    Best outfit by far. You seem to be very active, very dedicated, and focus more on skill rather than abusing your superior numbers.
    EDIT:
    Sorry for being so short on words. It's just really warm where I'm at at the moment, and feel too uncomfortable to write out an essay, hehe
  13. Crestfall

Towers - accepted.
    I've been trying to get in touch with you, but we haven't been on at the same time.
    Contact either me or Shurriken for an invite.
  14. ozzless

1 - ozzless
    2 - A lot of. Basically i'm a past Enemy Territory pro-gamer (Till they took me to the army :) )
    3 - I was in a professional ET clan which consists of 8 people (Called Insanity, one of the best multigaming clans of that time).
    4 - Light assault, being fast and deadly. Also infiltrator for sniping fun and laying mines. Also, i like driving my Magrider very much.
    5 - Probably winning the second place in clanbase ET EuroCup 2004.
    6 - Saw you guys kicking red's and blue's ***** and working as a nice group.
  15. Towers

It looks like I got the invite, but I've barely played these last few days because I've been sick. Thanks for adding me though!
  16. Ochulla

1. Ocarus

2. Pretty good FPS experience, used to play Quake, Star Wars Battelfont, Call of Duty. Now PS2.

3. World of Warcraft Rated Battlegrounds and raids.

4. Combat Medic. Infantry.

5. First few months of Mists of Pandaria release, World of Warcraft.

6. Seems like a dedicated, social, activate Outfit, and that's just what I'm looking for :)

Thanks. Cya.
  17. ShaOfSwagger

1. Ingame name?
    PieterVanNiekerk

Quite a lot, mainly battlefield series and some COD.

I played really well with a TR outfit on ceres but i prefer VS because i have friends playing here. Also lots of WoW raiding.

Mainly infantry, kinda bad at staying alive in the air(lack of practice mostly), okay with tanks but not really upgraded so they're meh.

I jumped out of a nearly destroyed scythe thinking i was LA however i was engineer because i wanted to repair it if it got damaged, as i was about to hit the ground my scythe got crashed into by a reaver and shot into me, somehow throwing me really far and making me survive.

6. (Optional) Why us?
    Seem quite tactical, populated and organized, what more could i ask from from an outfit.

Edit:spacing.
  18. Crestfall

Ozzless - accepted, invited
    PieterVanNiekerk - accepted, invited

For potential recruits, here's a video of one of our air strikes last night:
  19. Eiga

1. Ingame name? Eiga
    2. Experience with FPS games in general? I have played Unreal Tournament, COD, MOH, Crysis
    3. List your experience working with organized groups, in PS or in other games. I played in clan matches in UT2K4, I have spent far too many years raiding in WoW from 5 man to 40 man raids. I also play Eve Online and participate in fleet battles as well as small gang pvp.
    4. What's your favorite way to play PS2? (Vehicle, infantry, style) I only play as a mechanic, and I prefer infantry so that I can be on the front line keeping the repairs going. I also enjoy sabotage and distraction. However I have certed up in sunderer, lightning and flash to enable flexibility
    5. (Optional) Your most memorable moment in gaming? Winning the Jolt Servers championship ladder in UT2k4. Server first kills in WoW, which included all BWL, ZG bosses.
    6. (Optional) Why us? I have done the solo thing for a while now and learnt my trade. I look forward to joining with an organised and motivated group which I believe you guys are from seeing you in game.
  20. sund4ncekid

1. Ingame name?

Sund4ncekid

I reckon we are talking about online FPS, so : quake 3, quake live, cs 1.6, battlefield: bad company 2, battlefield 3, Natural selection 2, and now Planetside 2 :)

WoW raiding a bit, mostly arenas and some rated BGs, played in CS 1.6 team for a while, spent lots of time in La2 having fun @ sieges and ganks, and used to play dota 2 with my team for almost 1.5 years :)

I enjoy playing infiltrator a lot (both sniper and actually infilitrator style with smg, now trying to play aggressive sniper with ghost in close quarters), i also like to play support engi with some anti-vehicle assist, MAX and heavy are also great. I have some unlocks for magride and lighting, spent some time riding those. So actually im trying to play that role wich helps my mates the most in resolving current task. I have 1.289 K/D ratio and im 28 rank, if that matters :D

Back in my childhood i enjoyed game "Sacrifice" a lot, its a masterpiece, really :). And from my PS2 experience it was the moment when i got around ~50 kills in 20 mins with infiltrator.

6. (Optional) Why us?

Well i wont say something different from the others and i think its obvious :) After playing solo for a while i understood that this game is all bout teamplay, so here i am, looking for an organised outfit and you guys sure look like one.