[VS] Bellum Aeternus

Discussion in 'Connery (US West)' started by Voltaire, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Voltaire

About the Outfit

Bellum Aeternus is dedicated to taking multiplayer gaming experience to a higher level through superior organization and tactics. Our purpose is to allow anyone who wishes to partake in a structured, team-oriented environment the ability to do so. This means we rely heavily on large scale organization and tactics, yet at the same time, remain open and available to those who seek our style of game play. Not only are we dedicated to achieving that "next level" of game play, but are also open to anyone willing to get involved.

Above and beyond our play style, Bellum Aeternus strives to be a fun, accessible, and mature organization. We expect the fun to come out of the camaraderie of our players and the success of our tactics. We are fundamentally egalitarian in our outlook, accepting anyone into our outfit and giving all the opportunity to seek leadership positions. As a mature group, we treat everyone -- ally and enemy alike -- with the highest respect both in-game and out.

Gameplay

We are a combined arms outfit. We do not believe that one size fits all and field squads that cater to a wide variety of play styles. In this outfit, you can find players and squads who dedicate the majority of their time to being the best air combat, or the best tank drivers because that is the play style that suits them. Additionally, you will find players who flow between these specific squad archetypes, and join whichever squad strikes their fancy for the night.

Leadership

We highly value leadership. From day one, anyone with the desire can step up and lead squads, even the newest of recruits. Moreover, we provide a training course that helps bring novice leaders up to speed and a mentorship program to help guide our potential new leaders. If you have a vision for a new style of squad, you will find members who are willing to jump on board and try to make it happen.

Recruitment

Our recruitment policy is very open. Our preference is that potential candidates review us and make an informed decision on if they feel that our style of game play and leadership is a suitable match. Although we are open to anyone, we are most certainly not for everyone. Our membership is mature and respectful. We do not tolerate bigotry or hateful statements, even in jest. There are other outfits for those players.

Video

Several of our members captured both propaganda footage as well as hours of actual in game experience, which provide a much better description of how our outfit currently operates. Additionally, we regularly have open squads which you may join directly through the social tab in game.

Bellum Aeternus on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/bellumaeternus

Alareth, BA Grunt, Streamer Extraordinaire

Join us at http://www.joinba.com
  2. SaintPeter

We were recently featured on Friday Night Ops #13.

Our interview starts around 2:53:00

3. Goodnight

Hey Bellum Aeternus!! Saw you guys on Friday Night Ops. I used to be in this outfit a long long time ago when PS1 first came out but then I got hooked on star-wars galaxies. Honestly I'm amazed you guys are still kicking. Wish I didn't already roll a vanu on a different server with my SC. But great outfit definitely would recommend for those on Connery. Hopefully server transfers and unlocks go account wide soon.
  4. Morpholine

To the top of the top of the forum, to the top of them all! Now discuss away, discuss away, all!

You know you want to join us, people: You've seen us around. ;)
  5. Voltaire

Next OP is Tuesday, the 18th at 7pst (we are doing some leadership training, but should have some public squads up). If you are interested in 'trying before you buy', take a look at the social tab around this time and join one that starts with Bellum Aeternus.
  6. Degini

Hi,

I took a look at the site but didn't notice anything about the level of casualness of your player base. Can a person join who may only play a few days a week? Is it a mic required outfit? Can I join a squad and choose not to be on chat if I don't feel like it that day?

Thanks
    Degini
  7. Voltaire

We don't have any mandatory playtime or required OP attendance -- playtime is up to the individual. Also, we have multiple 'tieres' of squad type, and formally support a 'kitchen sink' style squad which is our very casual and lax squad type. In that style of squad, no, you do not have to be on comms...

However! Make sure you know what kind of squad you are in! Comms are mandatory for pretty much every other squad type, especially our more advanced infantry/armor/air squads.
  8. NMBLNG

When are you usually active?
  9. Morpholine

We have members on at most times of the day, but the majority of us are on between 6 PM and 10 PM PST. We host organized operations three or more nights a week, fielding roughly one full platoon, and starting to spill into a second. Off-operation nights there's generally most of a platoon running, with mixed participation from non-outfit members.
  10. Degini

Website member and pledged. Having difficulty getting in touch in game. Looking for next step.
  11. Morpholine

Is your character name the same as this forums?

What time do you play? Most of us are on between 6 PM and midnight (PST).
  12. Morpholine

Rise, my minion! Rise!
  13. coldstatic

We are running an op tonight. People interested in joining BA should try to join the platoon to see some of the different facets we have. Would prefer if you have TS as that is where we do 90% of communication but we do use some in game comms for our open squad. Tonight will focus on 4 group types. An air squad, an armor squad, and 2 types of infantry squads. The first is strict infantry very organized and very effective. Squad setup for different roles for example normal is #1 heavy assault, #2 is a medic, #3 engineer. They other squad type is a more relaxed come as you are and assist with the other 3 squad types. It also contains recon forces.

Edit: Contacts in game COLDSTATIC, Voltaire, Morpholine, SaintPeter, Beldo, or anyone else in bellum aeternus can direct you to the squad leader or an online officer.
    • Up x 1
  14. VaporCZ

Still Recruiting, If you feel like you need a change or are looking for something more structured, look us up in game. We typically have open "recruitment" squads in our platoons, so look for the open squads labeled "Bellum Aeternus". We have been working on new Tactical "Squad +" Squads, working a little bit outside of the games platoon mechanics and would love if some new people joined us, and had a go. We have had a steady stream of new players in the past few weeks and always welcome new blood. We have a large Teamspeak 3 server, and we can help people download the client and get it running. See you guys in the game. VANU4LIFE !!
  15. thedanc1nghawk

I'll try and hook up with you all tomorrow, I tried tonight, but by the time I figured out the in-game coms, most of you had already left. Lovin' the game so far, I just like it when I'm with a bunch of guys(or gals) who know what they are doing. although, I did manage to get my first air kill tonight! I jumped out of a galaxy and it happened to land on somebody!
  16. Morpholine

We're mostly online in prime time (for the server), so that's your best bet for reaching one of us.

I'll be on the look out when I log on tonight.
  17. VaporCZ

Looking for a Vanu Outfit on Connery?? Well look us up in Squad search we have recruiting squads up every day [BAID] is the outfit tag so if you see someone with it ask for a invite to the squad and give us a try.
  18. Morpholine

We're always recruiting. Look us up in-game, or post here and we'll try to get in touch.

If you're looking for a VS outfit grounded in maturity and teamwork, without taking the game over-seriously, I encourage you to give us a try.
  19. Quinn94

I'd like to join! IGN - QFrosty
    I'll probably be on around 8PST tonight.
  20. Morpholine

What Connery really needs is more VS.

You don't have to join Bellum Aeternus, but please consider joining the Sovereignty.