VS Assault Rifles... Anyone else feel like they are lacking?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by ATRA_Wampa-One, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Tentakewls

VS are just "meh" at everything, you can usually find that other factions have better weapons in the same role. They are not bad per se, they are just worse than their other factions equivalent thanks to our oh so useful no bulletdrop, which is more of a hindrance than an advantage anyway. The only weapons that benefit from it are Battle rifles, which are pretty crappy weapons in general, and semi auto snipers, which are nerfed in the VS case to "compensate" for our faction's advantage.
    The Corvus is "good", but it just happens to be worse than the SABR and the Reaper at long range engagements. Our default weapon is plain awful especially compared to the other factions ones and the only area were we are somewhat on par ( not even on top ) is the HV45, wich is still worse than both of the TR's CQC assault rifles and the Carnage.
    But hey...no bulletdrop...that's useful...right?
  2. sindz

We have SVA-88, Orion, VX6-7, Pulsar C, Serpent. If you don't think they are some of the best in the game, then there is no further point in quoting me.
    • Up x 2
  3. IamnotAmazing

I was screwing around on vs, and I absolutely love the corvus, the thing has no recoil
    • Up x 1
  4. lNeBl

Indeed. Corvus with comp and forward grip makes the weapon literally just shoot straight. After using it I can't find any other assault rifle that comes close. Sure it has the lowest theoretical DPS, but with its ability to reliably headshot way more, it ends up doing tons more damage. Esp. at mid to long range.
  5. Gav7x

The H-V45 is a great gun, its not a good as the lovely carnage ar, because it has 800rpm instead of 750 rpm, but i guess for other folks 800 rpm is better, but for me, 750rpm is a magic recipe
  6. IamnotAmazing

Yeah I love the thing
  7. Tentakewls

I find it hilarious that people talk about the Corvus as a "good weapon" since it's an inferior version of the NC's Gauss Rifle S in stats, attachments and recoil pattern, again proving that VS weapons are always sub par to the ones on other factions.
  8. Nakar

The Corvus has less horizontal recoil than the Gauss S, no horizontal bias, lower sustained vertical recoil, the exact same damage profile (outside of RPM, of course), and the same tier of Grip and Compensator. The Gauss S may or may not be a better weapon due to the higher DPS but it's inaccurate to say it's the same in terms of recoil and accuracy because that's factually false. The only other ARs even remotely as low-recoil as the Corvus are the SABR-13 and the Gauss Burst.
    • Up x 1
  9. Tentakewls

The differences in recoil are negligible, especially when you consider the Corvus has a higher first shot multiplier, which affects mid to long range weapons more than recoil, since they are fired in bursts and not on full auto. And even if the Corvus was as good at mid to long range as the Gauss S, the lack of Softpoint and the option of having under barreled attachments make it inferior at close to mid range. You also list "no horizontal bias" as an advantage, when it's not, since you can't compensate for side-to-side recoil, but compensating for rightward bias is very simple and will increase the amount of shots you can land.
  10. Nakar

Not true. This is a common myth because there's a difference between the pull of the gun and horizontal bias. Because there's a degree of angular variation the "rattle" of a gun with an angled recoil will be less predictable than one with a zero angle. All guns shake side to side and that is uncontrollable, but the Corvus shakes less than any other in that fashion by default (although the SABR-13 will shake less overall due to having an Advanced Grip).

The best example of this in action is the Jaguar vs. the Lynx. The Jaguar actually has more horizontal recoil than the Lynx, but has a zero angle bias where the Lynx has one that's within a huge 10 degree range. The Lynx is less predictable than the Jaguar. It has nothing to do with the horizontal recoil and everything to do with the possible angle as the weapon kicks being more difficult to account for with smooth control. Granted the angle on Gauss weapons is within +/- one degree, so it's barely noticeable there, but it is a difference.

I do agree that generally a higher DPS and SPA are advantages for the Gauss S, but saying it has "the same recoil pattern" as the Corvus is false and no amount of argument can change that because the stats say exactly the opposite.
  11. Tentakewls

I never said it was the same, I said it was inferior do to it being side-to-side and not rightward biassed.

In any case the fact that the Corvus is comparable to the Gauss S itself is the problem, the Corvus is the long range AR for the VS, so it's in the "same slot" as the SABR and the Reaper, despite both of these weapons being far superior at this role than the Corvus is. This means either:

a ) The long range AR for the VS is just plain inferior to it's counterparts on the other factions ( SABR and Reaper )

b ) The VS has no counterpart to the TR and NC long range AR ( this is actually more likely ), meaning that there's a whole range were VS don't have a viable option.

This is in great part because we have three weapons ( the pulsar, the equinox and the CME ) wich are very similar and all are used in the same ranges ( and the fact that they are very similar to the NS-11A just makes it worse ), and while it's understandable than the Pulsar and the Equinox are similar, the CME just feels like "more of the same" ( even if it's a great weapon, it's still another mid range AR ). I think part of the problem would be fixed if the CME was reworked into a VS equivalent of the SABR and Reaper, since this would both cover the long range slot for VS and, if done right, remove some of the "same-y" feel VS weapons have. The fact that it has a great model is already a good thing, and ATM I'd even take a "Charge" as long as I get something more vanuish on the AR department. This actually also applies to LMGs but that's another topic.
  12. Iridar51

Somebody has required reading to do ;)
    Scroll down to "13.1 Recoil mechanics".
    • Up x 1
  13. vanu123

Since when did LMGs affect Assault Rifles?
  14. Tentakewls

Sure, lets say side-to-side is better than biased. That doesn't really changes any of my points, Corvus will be at best on par with a weapon that can also equip SPA and Under barrel attachments while it's supposed to be the VS long range AR.
  15. Monkeydmomo

If you can master the hv-45's recoil you can wreck heavy assaults with resist shield on 24/7. NS-11 A is your second choice if you want a versatile assault rifle. Only ARs that can beat you are the tar and the carnage.
  16. DocteurVK

I was recently wondering if anyone had ever spent time with Equinox Burst to make a quick review about it.

On my NC alt, I found the gauss rifle burst being very usefull for longer ranges than standard gauss rifle, while not being defenseless in CQC...
  17. KnightCole

VS AR's??

No I dont think those are lacking at all.

Pulsar VS1
    Serpent....none of thier guns seem lacking...or else im running into that many aim botting VS bastards(which is the nation I see the most ******** from)

Cuz I see VS guys, unload first, hit like 10 times but die in like instantly to VS Medics and Engis alot lately. Usually a HV45, Corvus or Pulsar VS1 or C.

Idk sup with the VS guns but they seem awful amazing lately....lotsa insta deaths....its getting old and questionable.

same goes for the guys I unload 20 rounds into from like inside a tower and die to him...

Heck, just lastnight on my CptGier toon, some VS Infil with a SMG killed me, literally, instantly.....I heard ping, dead...

Soooo....dafuq!?
  18. Mostadio

That's a text book example of really crappy ping. "I take two steps and I'm dead." and "I shoot many bullets and many mans and nobody dies."
  19. RogueVindicare

Serpent and Pulsar C are Carbines, bro.
  20. MrWolf3

Not the point I'm just saying Vanu easily have the best LMGs its kinda interesting how different factions have better kinds of weapons.
    • Up x 1