VS Assault Rifles... Anyone else feel like they are lacking?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by ATRA_Wampa-One, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Erendil

The reload speed advantage is a myth. That got taken away from the VS back in May during GU08. Now the VS and NC are pretty much neck-and-neck for reload times across the board, with TR lagging slightly behind - no doubt due to their larger mags.

But LOL about useless "benefits" though. You're right, but they still make our ARs subpar.

And the VS have just as many "bad" benefits as good, like lowest damage per mag, and highest avg FSM.
  2. vsae

The Default VS AR is just awesome. Attachments are overrated.
  3. Nakar

If you're TR, of course, you get the default VS AR with attachments in the T1S Cycler. So...
  4. Obuw

The HV-45 was my favourite rifle in the VS arsenal. That being said, I haven't played much VS after PU2, so I can't speak for how much the recoil nerf affected it.
  5. Heyitsrobbie1984

the standard assault rifle is basically all you'll ever need. they even come with better rate of fire than the speciall version of that rifle.
  6. vsae

Attachments is NOT what makes gun kill stuff. They're overrated.
    • Up x 1
  7. DocteurVK

I agree partially...

Attachments can help to get a better handling on guns or get a slight improvement on a specific situation.

For example, Compare the same gun with no attachment and the gun with adv grip + Comp, you'll notice the difference.

Concerning VS ARs, like other VS weapons, I feel they tend to have a diagonal recoil, more pronounced than other faction rifles...

Pulsar is nice, but without a FW grip, you'll not be able to benefit from automatic fire. Better use the burst variant with a laser sight.

I also think some scopes are still misaligned by a small margin. I tested in VR and had to aim on the left of the target to hit consistently with some weapons / scopes...
  8. CaptainAmeda

All your assault rifles suck compared to the TR rifles.
    That's right! TR assault rifles are the BEST in the game! We've got the pin-point Sabr-13, the SUPER FAST TRV, and well rounded Cyclers.
  9. Littleman

Can't say I've felt at all disappointed in the Pulsar VS1 or the Corvus. Despite the T1S, I'd still prefer the VS1 if I wanted raw accuracy. The T1S is competitive because of the extra rounds it can afford to waste, and I do like my +10.

As for the Corvus, if you can't work that thing over standard engagement distances without a grip and compensator, no gun is going to be very kind to you. I was slapping bad guys left and right at all ranges short of 90m using a laser sight, silencer, and a 3.4x on that thing. I can treat the Ursa and the Pulsar C in the exact same way and get the same results. Better in case of the Ursa, because resist shield/adrenaline shield.
  10. lilleAllan

I really like the accuracy and ease of use of the Pulsar. It's incredibly to land headshots with that thing IMO

Haven't really used the others, but the Corvus has like zero recoil when I tried it in VR. Might get that and run it with a 4x scope. Too bad the Vanu scopes are straight up hideous!
  11. ikillyou1990

I actually think the VS have the better ARs. Saving up for the CME currently, with an advanced forward grip, compensator and a 3.4-4x scope I can easily chain headshots at 50m+ with almost no recoil.
  12. PastalavistaBB

Corvus is God Mode 167 Damage, Full Auto, incredible Accuracy. What else do you want? HV45 has equivalent on all Factions. Even the starter Pulsar LSW is really great with an Foregrip and x2 Reflex scope.
  13. Landaren

It only feels like they are lacking because the NC's do way more damage, and the TR have way more bullets.

Ours are slightly more accurate, so aim for the head or you'll die first.
  14. TheKhopesh

Pretty much sums it up right here.

But the Corvus is pretty dang accurate.
    and the H-V45 is well rounded.

The NC do have the standard NC1 Gauss Rifle, but that's not actually our "Accuracy" weapon, like the TR's SABR and the VS's Corvus.

The NC1 Gauss Rifle is indeed accurate, but it takes QUITE some getting used to.
    Rather, our accurate gun (The 1,000 cert gun we got as our equivalent to the SABR and the Corvus) was actually the Carnage BR.

It was kind of a mirror to the VS and TR weapons.
    TR/VS got 143 damage weapons, with a ranged power weapon at 167.
    The NC got 167 weapons (Which fire faster, but less stable than the TR/VS 167's), with a 143 ranged weapon that could fire fast, but act like a laser. A stream of bullets with nearly NS-11A accuracy and stability.

I write "Carnage BR", not "Carnage AR", because when the name changed, the weapon was ruined in it's function of being a reliable ranged weapon on par with it's TR and VS variants.

I say this, because when SOE made all the .75 ADS strafe speed guns less accurate to make them more "CQC-ish", they neglected to make a provision for the Carnage.

So now, a once great gun is just a gimped CQC weapon, no more reliable than the H-V45 at range, and with a slower fire rate.
    Keep in mind, I write this about the Carnage AR and H-V45 with the best ADS ranged attachments each respective weapon can have.

-The Carnage AR with the Adv. forward Grip, compensator, and 3.4 scope (Or whatever you find you do best with at the furthest ranges).
    -And the H-V45 with the forward grip and 3.4x.

Now, we have just jittery weapons.
    The Reaper and NC1 Gauss Rifle are decent, but again, they take LOTS of getting used to, where as the SABR, Corvus, and (Before becoming the Carnage AR) the Carnage BR are/were stable, accurate, and powerful tools.

The NC guns soak up certs like a sponge just to make them on-par with the stability that the TR and VS get right-out-of-the-box.
  15. sindz

VS have "weaker" AR's, but we have the LMGS and carbines.

You can't have it all.
  16. PastalavistaBB

HV45 and Corvus are "weak"?. Are you kidding me? Even the default Pulsar LSW is quite accurate with a foregrip. "You can't have it all" but VS has "the most" in the Infantry Weapons Department.
  17. sindz

Glad you missed the point completely. Try taking your favorite AR's and then compared them to TR AR's eg. Then get back to me.
  18. PastalavistaBB

I'm back. Try the TAR with ALS after the hipfire nerf. See if you will be able to hit anything in full auto even from 2 meters distance. Even Burstfire sucks. Just get in front of a wall and see how much bloom the damn thing has. Bullets are flying outside of the crosshair all over the place. Actually the GR22 with ALS is much more accurate than the TAR atm.
  19. sindz

Sigh.

TRV, TAR, T1 Cycler, SABR-13 all blow any VS AR out of the water. Corvus has one of the longest TTK of all the weapons ingame.

And like I said, VS have weaker AR's compared to eg TR, I didnt say they were straight up bad, but def weaker.

VS have H-v45 which gets owned by TRV. CME is a joke and NS11-A is better in every aspect, default rifle is worse than cycler, corvus is worse than sabr 13. And even with hipfire nerf, TAR still is better than H-V45
  20. Tentakewls

VS can buy the Jaguar the Lynx and the God Saw?