VS Assault Rifles... Anyone else feel like they are lacking?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by ATRA_Wampa-One, Jan 13, 2014.

1. ATRA_Wampa-One

Outside of the H-V45 I feel like VS Assault rifles are pathetic compared to the AR options that the NC and TR have, and much prefer the NS-11a over anything else.

The CME's problem is that it's the NS-11a without the ability to equip soft point ammo, has 5 less rounds per clip, 10 less m/s velocity, and slower ADS movement speed in exchange for an advanced grip option.

The Pulsar is decent for the free AR, but there is literally nothing special about an attachment starved 698 RPM rifle.

The Corvus is good if you want a long range option (that likes to jump around and has no advanced grip option to counteract that) but it's horrible up close with it's pathetic RPM.

Equinox is a slightly improved CME in the recoil department that you can attach a UBGL to which was great if SOE didn't nerf UBGL's into the ground, so again why use that over the NS-11a?

Equinox Burst is hands down the worst burst variant when you compare it to the Gauss Burst and the stupidly good SABR-13.

So am I wrong in thinking that outside of the H-V45 the VS has the worst selection of AR's out of all three factions?
  2. Lugia3

I like using the Pulsar VS1 with a 3.4x scope. Other than that, our AR's are pretty crap.

The H-V45... I could never get used to that gun. NS-11P and Pulsar always felt superior IMHO. Now the NC variant of the H-V45 is quite awesome.
  3. asdfPanda

Quite right. I, for one, feel that the corvus rpm needs to be boosted to 577.

CME needs 0.75x ads movespeed, or something else to make it worth the 1000 certs.
  4. Kociboss

At least H-V45 is all you need and it's cheap.

Still, nothing beats Carnage AR really.
  5. Calcifar

Emphasize the bolded part;

As a NC Medic player, I found the Corvis recoil minimal and a dream to headshot with.

NC equivalents, such as the reaper, sport such a higher recoil.
    • Up x 1
  6. DocteurVK

After using the corvus for some time, it can be very efficient with grip + Comp + 3.4 chevron sights.

Very nice gun for med-long encounters if you can track your target and use carefull bursts. An increase in RPM would make its optimal range to close-med ranges, as recoil would be hardly controllable in full auto at long ranges.
  7. Parz1va1

+1 For Corvus being a solid mid - long range weapon with forward grip/ high velocity ammo/ compensator and preferred sight.

Even at short range if you are accurate enough the Corvus can beef out some damage.
  8. Calcifar

yeah sorry, should have mentioned that this is is with compensator and forward grip :)
  9. MrWolf3

what they lack in assault rifles hey make up for in LMGs.
  10. ATRA_Wampa-One

Use to.

The Orion isn't that great anymore and the SVA-88 has lost it's shine as well with the recent patch.
    • Up x 2
  11. Nakar

While arguably no AR is bad, VS has a problem where two guns are basically almost identical to the NS-11A which otherwise fills an essentially unique niche for TR and NC, giving them better selection elsewhere. There's also really no answer to the Cycler/Carnage, Reaper, or SABR-13; the Corvus is just a poor substitute, although not an unusable one. Heck, even the T1S is basically a Pulsar with superior attachment options in exchange for a very modest bit of moving accuracy loss.
  12. MrEclectic

I agree with the overall assessment, that too high a rate of fire would actually diminish its role. I feel though that a small increase in RPM is needed. Not to 577, as the majority of the 167 damage per round small arms that the VS have access to, but to 550, like the Ursa.
  13. TheKhopesh

Really?
    As a primary NC medic, with literally EVERY single weapon that's available to the NC unlocked, I have to say:

I actually like the Corvus more than the NC1 Gauss Rifle, due to it's slower RoF, I feel it's about 50% accurate (Most noticeable after 6-7 shots full-auto).

And I LOVE the NC1 Gauss Rifle!

As well, the H-V45 is an AMAZING gun.

I wish the GR-22 were that accurate.
    It just seems more "jittery" after 10-12 shots than the H-V45.
    • Up x 1
  14. asdfPanda

Idk, it's been a while since I've used the thing. Probably just need to aim for the head and whatnot.
  15. TheKhopesh

Ah, yeah, I used to aim for the chest exclusively.
    Took me months to change my aim tendency to the throat/head area.

As a primary NC, aiming for the head is VERY difficult.
    The first shot or two hit, then you have to stop to readjust your aim (Not just burst, but burst and re-aim entirely).

TR and VS can just point and hold.
    GOD, the TRV and H-V45 are easymode compared to the GR-22.

Too bad SOE cut the balls off the Carnage.
    It's whole thing was accuracy, and with practice

It took quite a while -300-400 kills for me- to get used to it's unique pull, but this made it the ideal weapon in an FPS game.VERY effective, high skill, yet generally forgiving (especially for newbies).

Now, it is still kinda-okay (Essentially a 750 RPM TRV :( , but it is nowhere NEAR what it was.

When they nerfed it, it was a nerf to all .75's.
    The Carnage was unique amongst .75's though.

It was by far the longest range of them.
    So when they made a cookie-cutter nerf (Everything was lowered by the same accuracy amount, to make it "more CQC-like") they never took into account that the Carnage was a ranged weapon...

I feel, given it is the slowest of the .75 medic ARs, and that it was (And still is, IMO) a primarily ranged weapon.

I would KILL to either:

-Have the Carnage AR get it's original stats back, in exchange for losing the .75 ADS strafe speed.

-Or-

-Only get a fraction of the stat nerf (By fraction, I mean 1/3rd to 1/2 at MOST).
  16. DocteurVK

After thinking, I was wondering which close-med range rifle I could buy to upgrade my default pulsar :

We have the followings (given that I already have the corvus and it's better for longer ranges) :
    • HV45
    • Equinox
    • CME
    • NS11
    I'm not very comfortable with high RPM guns such as HV45, I find them being too much uncontrollable at med range (50m or so). So I think I'll not get this one.

The Equinox feels good, even if horizontal recoil can be tricky at range. I also like the options of having all the attachments available for this so I could come up with an exotic yet devastating combination.

The CME feels very nice, but I don't think it's worth the price, I found it being too much close to Equinox, even if horizontal recoil is slightly better.

The NS11 feels nice, but I don't think I'm gonna play medic enough to optimize the investment of 1000 certs.
    Even tho, do you think I should still buy the equinox or stay with the default pulsar ?
  17. asdfPanda

H-V45 is the go-to assault rifle for your purposes. It's a mere 250 certs. If you can't learn to control the recoil, slap a foregrip on it and call it a day.
  18. Erendil

The HV45 is a decent weapon, but the TAR is a HV45 w/ a 40-round mag, and the GR-22 is an HV45 w/ better ADS accuracy and thus much better range due to its lower horizontal recoil.

That's the thing with VS ARs. They're not bad per se, but many are simply inferior to the TR/NC counterparts. The Pulsar is inferior to the Cycler and Gauss, Equinox Burst worse than the Cycler T1B & Gauss Burst, etc.
  19. asdfPanda

Dat reload speed though. VS ARs have benefits, just not useful ones. No bullet drop, best 1x sight, etc.
  20. Heyitsrobbie1984

lacking??? nah their velocity is good, good rate of fire and accurate as well. i dont mind them