Vehicles you would like to see added

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sticx, Mar 19, 2015.

1. CursoryRaptor

Artillery of any kind.

Ground vehicle mounted missiles.

A dedicated anti-infantry vehicle/tank turret that doesn't use splash damage. (Imagine a Skyguard, except instead of that POS flak gun, it would have twin-linked miniguns.)
  2. MuggieWara

A 750 nanite costing,super powerful mega tank!And yes ill say it,driver fires the main cannon!! B-)
  3. asmodraxus

I'd like to see the following

[IMG]

A VS MBT rather then the heavy harasser we have...

Note the Main gun on the top and the 15mm pulsed particle projector at the front for the driver to use up close for that little extra damage output...

Also the Ant, Empire specific buggies, Deliverers, Lodestars, Galaxy gunships (just add a 100m turret to one side), Empire specific ATV's
  4. Clay

YES I want to ride into battle on my fire dragon burning my enemies!!!
    Make it cost 10000 Station Cash and Instakill every infantry and vehicle due to the hot fire huehuehue :D

and i know but i thought preaching to the ancients couldnt be too wrong.
  5. MahouFairy

A light utility truck that can deploy a giraffe radar, so people on the ground can stop complaining about A2G.

[IMG]
  6. Hegeteus

Something I made in garry's mod... Tanktub!

[IMG]
  7. Dragonsbane777

Boats. Power boats, wave riders, and a Galaxy-like sundererish vehicle.

Found this game a month or two ago, and it is the only one to be so cool with strategy like my old favorite, Crysis. Planetside has all the crysis stuff just about, except boats, swimming, and naval stations.
  8. davingoooo

I would like to see some artilery,animals you can ride on,better tanks and naval combat,so yeah...ships
  9. LeFitz

Already mentioned but the ES harassers I saw pictures off would be great. More work on the Valkyrie. And yeah, a nanite transporter truck (why not a plane that would para drop those nanites as well) along with the resource revamp. Now when I see how long it take for a pistol to make it on live, I am pessimistic.
  10. Pelojian

They could do this with the sunderer as a slot item, slice off the back part and gun(rear gun disabled) on the sunderer reduces seat capacity to 3-4.

make the back part a tray with a tripod riveted to it with a dish on it and some antenna on the sides near the cab section. when mobile it acts as a short range radar 250m or 500m and when deployed is long range radar 500 or750m. broadcasts enemy aircraft locations to everyone within 100-200m.
    • Up x 1
  11. FBVanu

A truly effective and dedicated AA vehicle,... the SkyGod...
    [IMG]
    • Up x 6
  12. Liewec123

i was about to suggest the same, air flash FTW!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. DrPapaPenguin

Rocket-powered pogo stick.
    • Up x 1
  14. Leftconsin

YES PLEASE!
  15. FBVanu

On a serious note, I would actually like to see all Vanu ground vehicles hover/float.

The magrider can hover, but the Vanu can't make their Flash do the same, or their Lightning, or Sundy?
    Hovering Harasser..(?!). yes, please. Where is the Vanu / Alien technology in all the other Vanu vehicles?
  16. vanu123

It statistically can't. If you are winning in a magrider you are: Flanking, behind the enemy, you get the first shot off, run full AP, your opponent misses at least one shot, etc.
  17. OldMaster80

Same question vanu players have been making for 10 years in ps1. Devs ears are deaf...
  18. ColonelChingles

This...

Plus this...

Plus this...

[IMG]

Would equal this:

[IMG]

Which would essentially be a complete long-range SAM battery that could really all be operated by one person. Sure it would be an expensive nanite investment, but have everyone in your squad pull a few of these vehicles, then park them around the command vehicle. Set all the radar and SAM launchers as "slaves" to the command vehicle, and now all you need is one person sitting in the command vehicle deciding which target to shoot and how many missiles to send at them. Maybe add in one more guy on the outside to rearm the launchers, and there you go. :D

I'd love to see the same thing to set up an artillery battery or even a forward rearming station. Multiple vehicles working together in concert would be very interesting to see in PS2. Sure you could have a massively powerful long-range SAM launcher, but without a radar to see or a command post to coordinate it wouldn't be very effective.
    • Up x 2
  19. axiom537

The Router - A Vehicle that allows for point to point teleportation for Infantry.
    If you didn't play PS1, this is a vehicle you deploy and then you take the telepad from the back of the vehicle, then you can place it like 300m away from the router. Once the Telepad is deployed Infantry can then move back and forth between the telporter and the router.

This is a vehicle this game drastically needs. Then we would not need to continually deploy sunderes right next to the point of contention. We would actually be able to place them away from the fight and then use the router to teleport troops closer to the fighting or deep inside a facility.
  20. Pelojian

I don't think it'll happen though, how much fun would you have when your weapons are being controlled by one dude that isn't you?

What i think the game needs is some more indicators such as for AA units for friendlies and targeting indicators.

1) Skyguard gets a unique map icon for friendlies to see and the generic lighting one that enemies see when your skyguard hasn't been Q-spotted.

2) When a friendly HA is locking onto/lock-on in flight to a vehicle an orange diamond is displayed over the center point of the target. (take the red indicator from lockons shift it some degrees and change color to orange), this way you can see that HA target that tank when you are using your mana AV or that HA target an aircraft when you are in your skyguard/max or aiming down a lock-on's sights.