Vanu Sovereignty Claims Ghost Island (Northern Island on Amerish) - 1st Amphibious Assault in PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by inigma, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inigma

A team of successful Ghosts have raised the flag on Ghost Island on the north island of Amerish for the first time. No other player, squad, or outfit is known to have landed on the island successfully before and planted a flag.

Matt Higby says we're ok to use this island:

Hey man, I don’t think it’s an exploit to be out there, but it’s probably not something we’ll continue to allow people to do. Enjoy it while it lasts!

So let's get rocking!

Here is the video

Here are pics.

inigma - the first Planetside 2 marine underwater...

[IMG]

GotR - PEST Marines: 1st rising out of the water amphibious assault...
    [IMG]

The GotR PEST Marines on GotR Island as they raise the flag (beacon) cue music here...
    [IMG]

The flag. (beacon). The light of Vanu shines bright, letting the NC and the rest of Auraxis know that this island belongs to the Vanu Sovereignty, courtesy of the Ghosts of the Revolution. We dub this land... Ghost Island. Cue Vanu Sovereignty anthem:

[IMG]

Let the fun begin!
    [IMG]

And with new territory comes a great responsibility to build a base on it and defend it... (yes that's a VS gal parked on the island. We marines built an airstrip for visitors.)
    [IMG]

Well done Ghosts. We are the first players in PS2 to swim (er walk) the water, and do an amphibious assault, and claim an island, and a lot of other firsts (thanks GTGD for the first TK bud). I guess it's now a tradition for visitors on the island to be TK'd there on their first visit. This adventure was made possible by inigma who was the first in the water, and also the first to make it to the island and stand on the island without dying, thus claiming it for Ghosts of the Revolution and the Vanu Sovereignty.

NC and TR: Eat your shorts.

And this here is just beautiful. Call it art. The Sundy of Death. If you spawn at it, it's instant death. If you resupply at it, it's instant death. It's ony for looks. The siren of the deep. I unfortunately had a lot of greenies spawning to it so I had to decon it eventually. Apparently people wanted to spawn underwater... if only for half a second of life to glipse the bliss that is this:

[IMG]

And here is what under water looks like during the day. Simply beautiful:
    [IMG]

Mechanics are the same as PS1 underwater... without the oxygen timer. So this means there can be battles under water here if some NC or TR outfit wants to whip out a pistol fight down here, or play King of the Island.

Just if you exit the water... you can't go back in easily. The Ghosts of the Revolution will defend this island from all aggressors. OUR CLAIM IS VALID, IS FIRST, and WE OWN IT. Let it be written here on the public PS2 forums for all to read: Ghost Island is ours.

Any takers?
    • Up x 7
  2. Zapon

- not having a oxygen timer might be a good idea- it could easily be explained by our suits

As for your conquest- congrats.
  3. MooK

Especially the whole, you know, lack of mouth pieces on light assault/heavy assault. NANITES!

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  4. 1235421

5. Luft

Ghost Island is best island.
  6. Tenebrae Aeterna

Now all you need are sharks with friggan laser beams strapped to their heads to patrol.
  7. Avallac

Vanu are op.
  8. Sian

TIL Sundies don't float anymore.
  9. Undead Clown

Vanu Science is supreme.
  10. Campor

That's easy enough. Just throw a fin on a Flash, keep it submerged and you're done. You've already got the laser beams.
  11. Avallac

nononon SCYTHE ONLY.
  12. McKnighter

Haxz

Ban them

Kkkkkkk
  13. ComradeHX

Looks good.

Now just get a few MAX units underwater.

They already look like crab, why not?
  14. Fallout10mm

15. inigma

Just an FYI, this was done on the Mattherson server.
  16. inigma

Just wondering if any one else has managed to accomplish this. :)
  17. bPostal

So how well do Maggies float?
  18. inigma

Don't know. Haven't tried it. Might be tonight's project for me. :) I could take the island as NC or TR if I wanted to. But it's VS's island, so ain't gonna try. If we see NC or TR there, we will wipe them out.
  19. inigma

Mags don't float. They sink.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  20. Prudentia

yes, noticed it on amerish in those small swinning pools, you can hide your magrider very effectivly in their, but then only your secondary can shot =/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.