Valid reasoning on why the NS-15M should have been changed during the LMG changes.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Read.... each part of the OP in detail and take the time to think about it.
  2. Pelojian

reread your own OP then re-read the patch notes that removed ADS from the other LMGs. If the purpose and intent was to remove ADS from all LMGs then the NS-15 would not posses 0.75ADS right now which you are trying to get removed again.
  3. Scr1nRusher

I even explained this in the OP.

They did remove 0.75 ADS off all ES LMG's, but not all LMG's. Which is a problem since clearly they identified that yes that weapon stat is problematic on that weapon type.

Also I find it ironic how people say "0.75 ADS isn't a big deal" but when you bring up how it should be removed, people flip the **** out.
  4. Pelojian

exactly, they didn't remove it from the NS-15 so obviously the intent wasn't to remove it from all LMGs. just admit it you hate ADS for the mobility it gives so much that you can't even stand it on a weapon that everyone has access to.

but i don't think that is the core issue for you, i think it's that the NS-15 is a decent ranged weapon with ADS on the heavy giving them some mobility that doesn't limit their range potential like ES SMGs. in essence making them a harder target to hit that is the exact opposite of their class ability.
  5. Scr1nRusher

0.75 ADS takes all the hitbox/hit detection, lag, clientside issues and amplifies them.

In a game where so much is going on & with a spaghetti code cluster-**** that the game has, 0.75 ADS does more harm then good. The average player has no ******* clue about this & the "good" players know it to well and tend to abuse it over time & defend it if any negativity comes its way.

Looking at the "markets" this game as targeting I suspect that 0.75 ADS was done to cash in on the COD & Halo kids.

+1
  6. FateJH

Only if I believe your interpretation of the purpose of the LMG changes. Despite what scrutiny I place on the words of the developers, I have to accept that what they say is sometimes what they mean. That's why people talk about the NS Infantry weapons having 0.75 ADS as a design trait - it came from the mouth of a developer.

So, to resurrect an old song and dance, if you can link to information where a word of god source verifies that a reason for the LMG changes is/was to remove 0.75ADS from all LMGs, then I concede on the point.

(Actually, any notes and interactions involving the planning and feedback from the LMG adjustments would be welcomed.)
  7. Scr1nRusher

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3agoob/additional_potential_lmg_changes_for_pts/

To quote:

This backs up what I've been saying for a long while now & what I said in the OP.
  8. FateJH

Are you implying that 0.75 ADS was not removed from some ES LMGs?
  9. Poppington

I can't find the quote, but I did want to add that I too remember a developer directly saying that one of NS weaponry's traits is .75 ADS due to versatility being the focus of NS weaponry.

I can't believe we're asking for nerfs on the NS-15M. It's okay at range, but every empire has a better option for range (where .75 doesn't matter), and it gets completely destroyed in close range. It's DPM is rather low for an LMG. I know some people love it for its ease of use, but it has such a low skill ceiling compared to any of the close range LMGs.
  10. Scr1nRusher

Is the NS-15M not part of each empires LMG arsenals?

I explained this all in the OP.
  11. Scr1nRusher

You do understand that the other LMG's who had 0.75 ADS removed, did get buffs to be more viable.
  12. Taemien

You'd be right if the damage of all weapons became the same at a certain point. They don't.

For example, LMGs and ARs drop one damage tier past their minimum damage range. NC has 167 damage out to 800m (when the round no longer has any effect), VS and TR do NOT. Carbines drop 2 damage tiers, AC11X drops to 143. VS and TR drop to 100 and 112 with theirs.

You know what this means? To drop someone with combined fire, it takes the VS and TR 30-50% more Players to do the same thing it takes the NC to do.

Normally doesn't mean anything because the zerg is random. But when you dig in with a coordinated group. You're not getting routed out anytime soon. Combine that with the DPM of the Gauss SAW (second only to the Tankbuster.. close second at that). And you have literal monsters.

Fortunately on my TR I only have to face something like that once or twice per evening. If the NC smarted up. They'd be an utter PITA to deal with. Unless they decided to **** themselves with the 15M.

NS weapons overall are great for the run and gunning cert farming zergling. Not so much for the coordinated group.
  13. Poppington

[/quote]

In your own quote of the patch notes: "The Goal..We have seen a significant amount on concern with the .75 ads movement modifier on LMG’s. We intend to remove the modifier on ES LMG's while compensating for it elsewhere"

Right there, the notes say ES, or empire specific. They wouldn't have used ES as part of the diction unless it was a deliberate exclusion of the NS-15 - most likely for all the reasons listed above.

Continuing with the quote, if you took away the .75 ADS, the NS-15 would need to be compensated elsewhere. Due to where the gun operates, you're effectively asking for a buff - since often the ADS speed is a moot point at range. How would it be compensated? Velocity? Larger magazines?
  14. FateJH

Yes, and that means it is not an empire-specific LMG.

Unless this is a sidewards argument for getting NS made into an actual, fully-fledged empire in the same way that the TR, NC, and VS are considered (and there are people who like that idea), I'm not sue how you can make this point with a straight face.
  15. Scr1nRusher

I'm just saying that if they were tweaking the Empire LMG arsenals, the NS-15M should have been included since its in all empires arsenals.
  16. ridicOne

NS as it's own faction, would be funny. They would have to rework faction traits since the NS weapons basically trumps in the accuracy department.
    • Up x 1
  17. Scr1nRusher

Well, what is the weapons role/purpose?

From there, think about what could be buffed about it.

(just trying to generate discussion).

Which is why they sell so well ;) :p
  18. Scr1nRusher

Also guys, keep in mind that the NS weapons have white tracers & the NS-15M has 3rd person audio issues.
  19. FateJH

They also didn't tweak the EM6.
  20. ridicOne

This isn't adding anything to the thread. But on a personal level I despise NS weapons. They just NOM faces to easy.