Unscheduled - Re-certification Item Now Archived!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragon, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makora

The one thing that completely negates the need for a cert reset item is the limitless pool of certs you get. You don't stop getting certs when you hit BR 100, you'll keep getting them and given time you theoretically could max out and buy EVERYTHING with a cert price-tag on it.

Now if the system was different, if you had a limited number of cert points (that max out BEFORE you reach BR100) that means you can only specialize in a limited number of classes and vehicles. And tastes change, you might not want to be a tanker or a pilot anymore, but with all your certs already used up, a refund function would be a given requirement.

Also for the argument of "new players". I am an advocate of something called "not holding your hand, princess" If you make a mistake, suck it up and live up to it. Learn from the mistake that only YOU are to blame.
    Granted are the somewhat unfair feeling changes to some abilities, but you signed the EULA when you downloaded and installed the game. You AGREED to SOE having the right to change something in their product without notifying you in advance. You simply have to live with the knowledge that things change and sometimes these changes don't help you at all.

Would it be nice to have this option? Yeah, maybe. Hell I know I might just use it if I got one for free. Is it needed? Hell no.
    • Up x 2
  2. FieldMarshall

You guys want to hear a good joke?

They have this entire section of the forum called "Roadmap", where they post game suggestions.
    Then you can then vote on what you want added to the game.
    LOL, good times good times.
    • Up x 1
  3. Bonom Denej

Well, it's not that easy. Grinding 1000 certs is quite long, I know this because that's what I'm trying to do right now and at my rythme, it will takes 15 hours total to get those 1000. And when you play "as much" as I do, it will probably mean two to three weeks for me.
    So NO, certs are not that easy to grind.

I don't agree at all with this. The game had and still has a very poor way to explain how certs works and what abilities actually do. If there was, like Wrel sometime mentionned, some mini video explaining what each ability do (like Diablo can do) allowing you to understand everything about the ability you're about to unlock, then it would be fair and the mistake is only made by the player. Or at least, a better emphasis for new player to actually test the ability on the VR Training before doing anything, for the ability that you can actually try.
    I didn't make that much mistake when learning the game, because I read the wiki and the forums and asked for help. But this is not how it's meant to be done, no new player should have to do that in order to avoid mistakes, caused by the lack of information inside the game. This is being adressed with the tutorial and other hints, but it's still highly lacking.
    • Up x 3
  4. Churner

am i missing something? why don't they allow at least free recert annually (and can pay for more or something)? Even on my second character i've made the mistake of dumping credits into multiple branches under the same category (suit, utility, etc) because I didn't know you could only select one.

Why are they not doing this? While I'm at it... they should really restrict infiltrators to rifles only. I've been playing shooters a long time, and nothing lets me quit faster than an invisible dude popping up next to you with a submachine gun... wtf
    • Up x 2
  5. Spaw 13

Hum, no answers yet... :(
  6. ironeddie

Having had the nanoweave refund I actually had a lot of certs to play around with. I now don't really need a recert.
  7. ManyHats

Put it in the game, but have it only refund 75% of earned certs. Problem solved.
    • Up x 1
  8. Spaw 13

Can we have an answer ?
  9. Pikachu

What does it mean when something is archived?!!?
  10. Spaw 13

That SOE thinks this thing is done.

Annnnnnnnnnnd... this isn't true.
    UP !
    • Up x 2
  11. Axehilt

Still, as someone who's been in the F2P industry, I assure you there's not only player interest for such a thing, but it's potentially quite a profitable feature as well. Odd that they didn't move forward with it. At the very least some variant of it which allows you to respec a specific vehicle or class, with a cooldown to prevent abuse.
    • Up x 3
  12. Dragon

Well said Axehilt. Inactivity on this highest requested Roadmap item for over a year and developer silence is unacceptable.

Implimentation Now for Recertification!
    • Up x 5
  13. Bortasz

I give bump this. Because I want this.
  14. EmmettLBrown

It means the thread is closed, and you can't post.
  15. potato1234

i want this too
  16. Tobias

You would keep grinding for upgrades, but now you would have certs you actually use. No one has unlocked everything. I'm pretty sure even people who have played since launch haven't unlocked everything. I've put about 600 hours into planetside 2, earned 13248 certs so far, and let me just list off the top of my head the things I would like to unlock, but haven't

-dedicated antivehicle launchers for heavy
    -weapons and upgrades for MAX
    -weapons and upgrades for light assault
    -weapons and upgrades for inf
    -halberd on MBT and harasser
    -MBT AV main gun
    -sights and attachments on most of my guns, I've bought a grand total of like two scopes and everything else is default
    -revive grenades
    -c4
    -med kits
    -a shotgun
    -a pistol other then the default beamer
    -suit slots other then "advanced shield capacitor 1" as it is the only thing I have on all of my classes
    -upgrade my HA shield
    -flash turbo and racer chassis

Probably won't be able to cross all those off the list before 2015, and a whole bunch of new **** will come out that I might want to get. 90% of my certs are in junk I never use that I definitely want to recert ASAP, regardless of how much it costs.
    • Up x 1
  17. Spaw 13

C'mon ! Just reply SOE !
  18. EmmettLBrown

It would be nice to pull what I'm not using and put it into the classes and vehicles that I main now. Tried inf for a while and just wasn't my flavor.
    • Up x 1
  19. Spaw 13

SOE, SOE, SOE !
  20. Phoenixca

Ridiculous... wasn't this right below Hossin? That should really, REALLY say something.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.