Unscheduled - Re-certification Item Now Archived!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragon, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spaw 13

Sent a message to Luperza :

Hey Luperza !
    Do you know why the Re-certification thread is in the Archived Features section ?

Here is her answer :
    • Up x 3
  2. Dragon

"...we aren't focusing on it within the next couple months."

Unacceptable. There are presently over 30 items in the Roadmap, the majority of them unscheduled, and Luperza is saying that this item which continues to be the highest requested item for over a year even though it was silently removed from the Roadmap is not a focus for the development team? This is and has been a priority for the paying player base for over a year, and for Luperza to ignore this and not provide a public response is totally unacceptable.

Implimentation Now for Recertification!
    • Up x 4
  3. Spaw 13

I agree Dragon, but Luperza answered my question, and just for this, I feel better. Now, the fact that the devs cheated on us, this is unacceptable.
    • Up x 2
  4. Halcyon

Way to communicate with your players SOE.
    God you guys suck.
    • Up x 2
  5. DerUnf4ssbare

a one time recert for people who had to test stuff the hard way before the VR came out would be nice.
    you have a dozen things where specific players need to be "eligible" to buy them, holiday participation, member status, etc.

please make a 10$ one time recert available in the store for accounts active before VR release,
    then people can choose if they need it or not.

that way its not "pay to win" and you cannot recert countless times if you dont like a certain item anymore.
    with the "endless cert" system you get more certs after some time, but for people like me, who dont rack up certs like a machine, it is indeed a big deal if i put 1000 certs somewhere i dont use them.
    • Up x 3
  6. Phoenixca

Okay, SOE... myself, along with im sure all of these people, dont care if its even a ONE TIME re cert, and after there no more re certing. None. I dont care, just the ability to re cert once, AND paying money for it, i would still gladly purchase. This had more responses then Hossin. Double actually. It just seems like that would say something in itself.
    • Up x 4
  7. maktub

This is the most requested feature on the forums; the stats speak for themselves. That so called bug that has locked the recertification item doesn't seem to me to be one you are particularly hard pressed to fix. It is arbitrarily locked at 1500 replies making me assume it is an actual forum infrastructure issue but I am not qualified to give a diagnosis. However this item should NOT be relegated to the backburner and the fact that the actual thread in which we ARE supposed to post in, makes the situation even more laughable. When another year goes by and you STILL haven't implemented this EXTREMELY popular community request I would like to be able to point to your supposedly governing document i.e. the Roadmap and show you that you have consistently failed at bringing this to fruition.

TL;DR
    Either give up the mantra of "we listen to our community" and just forget the Re-cert item
    or practice what you preach, adhere to YOUR own document and implement the damn thing
    Can't have it both ways.
    • Up x 3
  8. Kitakami

It's a guaranteed money-spinner too. Either way you look at it, it doesn't make sense not to implement this asap.
    • Up x 4
  9. Dragon

Implimentation Now for Recertification!
  10. maktub

These are statistics from the original thread:
    Replies:
    Views:

These are the ones from this thread:
    Replies:
    Views:
    *This reply makes it 90

Get on it SOE, would you please?

• Up x 3
  11. Kunavi

Here, have my BUMP because this should definitely and as soon as possible be implemented, in SOME way. Those of us who still play will keep playing even after we UNLOCK 100% OF THE ITEMS ON ALL FACTIONS. Those who leave, would have left either way and probably did not pay SOE to begin with.

At ~1000Hrs I stand on top of ~70K Certs and I have NO NANOWEAVE LV5 EVEN. My Cloak is not max. No Frames max level either. And if I had not spread thin I would not be able to enjoy PS2 at its fullest(Which it isn't, since I'm missing a lot of stuff still). I still have to put ONE SINGLE THING on my Galaxy, Flash, or seriously work with my Lightning.

Point is, Certs gain is too tedious.

1000Hrs + 50% Member XP Bonus + Continental Bonus reaching an average of 120%, plus Squad Bonuses, plus who knows how many 2x XP W/Es = 70K Certs and really, yet to max out Nano on ANY Class? And Flak Lv2 at most? And only recently did I max out my Engie and Medic Tool and 2-3 vehicles I can't really use since I am still Certing basic functions like full Frames. My Mossie is naked, Gal's naked, Lightning almost naked, Flash naked... I mean WOW! SOE! You know, you don't have to work us like horses just to stretch "F2P" as thin as possible! Stock stuff are weak, some weapons are OK as defaults, yet with no new toys it's so boring! I mean, imagine what F2Pers go through! I'm not even counting what I bought with SC, which I also get 500 of per month and while some of the ~30K SC I've paid for went for cosmetics, about 5K have gone to weapons.

....Weapons I don't even use, like the Striker or the Vulcan for the Harasser. I can make a list that's way too long, of things that I quickly decided were utter CRAP for me. VR, some will say- NO, VR is inaccurate testing proven over and over. Try-Out is too limited too and not available on many things. PTS? I didn't even know where to get it until recently.

To top it all off, with new stuff being added this problem is amplified. I'm all for adding, for variety, but this must be too tough on new players who want to do what SOE advertises, TO PLAY FOR FREE, not missing 80% of PS2 unless they turn their PC rooms in Sweat-Shops.

So...

70K Certs! FFS! 1K Hrs! If I had a normal job I'd be slugging, sweating, tired and bored. No, I'd have stopped playing. That's the only way to put this, no sugar coating. A Re-Cert WILL HELP AND WILL MAKE SOE MORE MONEY.

BUMP!
    • Up x 1
  12. Kwyjibo

I'm guessing it's more profitable to sell XP boosts and subscriptions over a consumable re-certification.
  13. SenEvason

If there were a limit on the number of certs that a person could obtain, then I'd say they should make the recert their main project. However, people can earn a seemingly unlimited number of certs. So I'm fine with it being shelved for now while they focus on different projects.
  14. Dragon

• Up x 4
  15. Dragon

Results of promises made on this item by SOE in beta forums over a year ago, in Roadmap item rescheduled 3 times and then archived....nothing.

Responses by SOE to hundreds of paying player based requests in this Roadmap item, now Archived, and this thread for information on the topic....silence.

Trust by paying player base in SOE commitments....non existent.
    • Up x 4
  16. AssaultPig

this typing stuff in superbold red isn't really helping your case

I doubt this will ever happen, now. I'm holding out hope for server transfers though
  17. Bruno Puntz Jones

More than 2,200 upvotes and not one single downvote. And that's for an item that they explicitly said would be sold in the cash shop.

What do we get instead? Kill cams that nobody asked for. And the 1,000+ downvote "Taunts" roadmap thread still is alive and well.

I wonder how Smed feels about the PS2 team literally flushing cash down the toilet by not making and selling re-cert tokens.
    • Up x 3
  18. Demetrios

Ask him on Twitter
    • Up x 2
  19. RomulusX

Unfortunately, if they do a cert reset then obviously people will get a plethora of certs. This makes every gun that you're slightly curious in using/buying obtainable without the need for purchase. They would first need to remove the ability to purchase guns with certs, then implement the cert refund. And that would make a lot of people mad.
  20. Bruno Puntz Jones

Make "refunded" certs spendable only on class certification lines and not weapons. That's where they would come from, so it makes sense that's the only place they can go back to. Problem solved.
    • Up x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.