Unscheduled - Re-certification Item Now Archived!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragon, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goden

Haha you think SOE actually gives a damn about the roadmap?
  2. innersphere1

Remember this word... MONEY..
    MORE MONEY. MORE AND MORE.
  3. Spaw 13

Hope guys, hope !
  4. EFREM

About it all are obliged to learn, I call the vskh to whom it not indifferently to write everywhere (reddit, twitter, etc.)

SOE to spit that players want?
  5. NinjaTurtle

Personally it's one of the few things on the Roadmap I don't care for
    • Up x 1
  6. Dragon

"The same is true for a lot of the decisions we make. We're trying to make life better for you, and yes.. for us too. But while some of those decisions are financially based, most aren't." - Smed's Philosophy from Reddit

So please make life better for your loyal player base, and implement recertification. Many of us have been around since PS1 released, over 10 years ago now.

Implimentation Now for Recertification!
    • Up x 5
  7. Xebov

Why is it pay to win?

I started palying when the game was new. At that time there was no Testserver and no VR to test stuff, so players where forced to Cert into stuff in order to test it. Later some stuff got changed but they never offered refunds for it. Some example for that are NV for vehicles and Scout Radar for Flashes. Flashes also got used alot less because of the wastly increased price (befor this change i uised mine alot for transport).

I got BR100 months ago, but a Re-Cert would give me at least 10k Certs back to be used for more usefull stuff. Most of this Certs would come from price changes, things i Certed only for testing and stuff that got changed alot without giving refunds. I also know a good bunch of high BR players who think the same.
    • Up x 2
  8. Dark Pulse

The reactions in this thread is hilarious. They archive something, and people assume that means they won't ever look or think about it again.

Have any of you thought that perhaps they're cleaning up tons of the crap that was in the Roadmap, in light of what they said about making Roadmap stuff more fine-grained in terms of information?
  9. JudgeDeath

I dont want this.

Pointless to have a cert refund in a game with limitless certs.

It would just make pay to win flavour of the month hopping easier thats all.
    • Up x 1
  10. Notheory

• Up x 4
  11. Spaw 13

We want answers !
  12. Iridar51

That's actually a very good point, and a strong reason why re-cert item is never gonna be implemented.
    I doubt we will even get an official stand point on this, unless we all yell really long and really loud, because that's exactly what the devs would want - sweep it quietly under the rug.

I'd rather they didn't implement a re-cert item, but let us buy new stuff with certs then vice versa.
  13. faykid

it always amazes me how some people generalize about the whole game community based solely on their own experience and needs
    do you really, really believe that everybody in the community is at least BR50? and that nobody would like to shuffle their certifications because "why, i have nothing to cert into anymore"?
    really?
    • Up x 1
  14. faykid

why do you only take veterans into considerations? you think the players who joined after the first plead for re-cert item do not matter? or do not want it? you think everybody is BR80 at least these days?
    • Up x 1
  15. faykid

even if it would be a "once per character" option? say, 1000 SC to re-cert all your certification lines once? not re-usable, unable to purchase again?
    • Up x 2
  16. Brandmon

Paid Re-cert? Well, I didn't vote for it; so I'm not shedding a tear if it never happens. All the mad that is ensuing is amusing though.
  17. FateJH

It doesn't matter if you are BR2 or BR92. The BR92s probably came from a time when there was no way to tell what was actually useful and what wouldn't deliver the results they hoped for. The oft-joked flashlight warriors. They, for one, have probably since earned enough certs and certified themselves in enough armaments that they desired that the whole reason for their initial claim has evaporated. They have gotten what they would have wanted by redistributing their assets and have done so, instread, by earning the new assets. If they haven't, they probably stopped playing (that character).

The BR2s are in a better position now than when the BR92s started. Trialing. Virtual reality. Extensive Youtube critiquing. A wealth of veteran knowledge about weapons to poll simply by asking the question. The whole reason the recert was requested was because there was so little knowledge and, what are in player's minds, so many mistakes made in their purchases. It also rides the coattails of perceptive nerfs and buffs: "If I knew it would become like this, I would have never certed into it." (That is a sentiment that lends itself to the distortion of balance but I won't harp too much on that point since it is no what this thread is about.) Nowadays, we do understand SOE's patterns better and it's not possible to be blindsided by a change. Everything performing poorly will be made good; everything perfoming good will be made to perform less good; and, then it will flip around again. Being low BR is no excuse for making a purchase that is regretful. That was all on the low BR player not taking advantage of knowledgeable resources, or not even attempting to acclimate to a the barebones of a mechanic.

Finally, there's the argument people who favor recerting avoid, the linchpin that makes moot the whole point of recerting. You never have to give anything up. In PS1, you had to recert if you wanted to do something else because there was only a limited number of build points to divide over the available options at any given level. If you did A but wanted to do some play with B, you needed to recert and that might have meant not applying points into A anymore so you have enough to gain access to B. PS2 doesn't follow this limited build logic. You can cert into everything and will retain everything, barring SOE's seldom refund when they change a fundamental aspect of an option or weapon. There's no point to recerting if you never have to compromise; the player will always have what they wanted at one point, can always expand into something new, and can swap between these options freely, multiple times in a single session if they desire.

The argument that it will be good for the community as a whole just because it sounds beneficent tries to ignore any argument that the community really doesn't have a need it. It doesn't even give the game more depth. For whatever meaning of the word "depth" you wish to apply, it makes player choice more shallow.
  18. faykid

so the fact that it had the most feed back posts on the roadmap forum doesnt prove that it is a desired item? or that community is interested in it?

the thing is, you cannot rely on video reviews and suggestions. according to some people, Flare LMG is good. i certed into it, and into all attchments for it, and it turns out its crap. would i spend those certs on something else? i sure would!

saving certs = saving time to wait until you have what you want. sure, you cant grind certs indefinately. but what if i want all i need sooner, and i don't want to spend more time waiting for it than i have to?

re-certing in my case would free up at least 3k certs. that is a long time to grind, right? what if i want to spend 10 bucks and get those certs back NOW, to put them where they will be useful for me?

your opinion is: well, play for 10-15 more nights and get those certs, right? but for me cert grind is not the goal, the goal is using the items i like and having fun. it'd take me forever to cert into everything, and why would i even do it? if i only need certain items?
    • Up x 3
  19. Lucidius134

IMHO

Free 100% Recert at BR 25 and purchasable un-cert tokens with a limit based on BR.
    • Up x 1
  20. piottras

It was a very anticipated feature which not only disappeared but it did so without notice or explanation.

Very disappointed.

Fed up with SOE. My love/hate relationship with PS2 just shifted more towards hate. No more SC nor memberships from me.
    • Up x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.