Unplayable on Multi-Monitor Systems Due To Low FoV

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Skid, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daikar

The problem is what happens when you do have that 150 FoV, you start to see threw walls and buildings, atleast this is happens for me when i use the fov fix. And something like that takes alot more time to fix and i get that, i just wished they would tell us whats going on.
  2. CHEF

Sure does not happen that way for me! I can fly and i can drive my sunderer without barfing on my keyboard. That's it! This is not a cheat it is a promise that was given therfore money invested and product not delivered. How can you see through a wall from expanding your vertical view without a certain mushroom?
  3. CHEF

Woops, just noticed a barfing reference. Please note, meant blowing chunks. Thank you.
  4. Daikar

You have the same issues you just haven't seen them or are just ignoring them, but try standing next to a wall with the fix and you will see that you can see threw it. Also look at stairs when you run up them sometimes they warp and some steps and disappear.
  5. CHEF

Hotfix works like grandma after bean casserole at a flint factory. It blows.
  6. CHEF

We do not have the same issues and i am not ignoring it. It is like a turtle. A snapping turtle that can get angry when told it must see through walls. In cold water the turtle decreases it's length, gurth remains. When the field of vision of turtle is increased it is more like a bumble bee and or a common house fly but remains the same in mass. Where does the bumble bee or the turtle get it's vision to see through walls? It has taken its head back into its shell reluinquishing it's length but retaining it's gurth. Are you saying size matters?
  7. Daikar

What drugs are you on and can i have some?
    • Up x 1
  8. blipblipblur

great, with the FOV fix not working and the cpu still only running at 40% and giving me 11fps in battle, ive basically now got a zoomed in slideshow. *sigh* so where do i go from here, I kinda liked the month or two i could play this but if there seriously going to be bias against amd and against people with multi monitor rigs then i may just say fair well and play something better.

and its not like there super busy with fixes, most of the updates i see there adding new guns, custom texture, a new continent is on the cards.

here is a hint devs, make the game playable before paying attention to the fine detail of what the pay to win guys want to have there tanks look like.
  9. Tejota

When I showed this video to Jgood developer

I got this answer:

[IMG]

I hope Jgood is not upset if I put this image-private conversation about this problem.
    Regards.
  10. Fifty6k

Well I hope we get an official response on this soon, I cant stand playing this game in 16:10, It feels so claustrophobic. Id ask how hard is it to change a few values to enable FOV expansion, but It cant be the reason it was disabled, so frustrating to be left in the dark...

Edit: And why is it that this developer who spoke with you in PM thinks that bringing out new hats will keep players playing this game? I know what will keep me playing this game, MULTI MONITOR SUPPORT!

And fix the bugs/crashes.....
  11. Skid

Just to let you guys know, the guy that made ps2fov, ImperialCommando, hasn't been online on the WSGF since January, so if he's not subscribed to his own thread and if he's not playing any more, it's possible his fix will not get updated.
  12. Daikar

holy ******* **** what the ******* *** ****, please fix the **** **** ***!
  13. Daikar

This is getting kinda ridiculous imo, we might just start posting pictures of boobs and stuff since SOE never reads this thread.
    Or they read it and just choose to ignore it, either way boobs will get them to read it!
    • Up x 3
  14. MikSchultzy

I am with the boobs idea myself.

Because I saw this thread and loaded up PS2 for the first time in about a month. While I can still enjoy the game, my enjoyment is cut short. I find myself going back to some of the SP games I have been working through (Max Payne 3, Crysis series, etc) that all support Multi Monitor. When I get bored of them I find myself more inclined for MP in either Guild Wars 2 or Battlefield 3 - both of which support Eyefinity as well.

Granted, I also recall Battlefield being like pulling tooth and nail just to get widescreen support.... Then Eyefinity support was like "Yeah, we got that." Funny thing is, unlike Planeside 2 - they actually did. Something DICE didn't actually fail on.
  15. CHEF

Would they be multi monitor supported boobs? Whiplash may be a concern and could cause liability issues. Seems worth the risk though.
  16. Tradewind

So customer support just "solved" my question regarding why I am banned and why they will not honor its removal as per Twist's post on page 6 of this thread, without a response at all in the ticket. Since the only thing I ever used is Flawless Widescreen, I cannot fathom what else it could have been (in before lol yeah right). Outstanding customer service.
  17. Fifty6k

Im going to write a ticket on your behalf, Anyone else gonna follow?
  18. Daikar

I'll follow, we multimonitor user must unite and fight!
  19. Daikar

In the mean time lets listen to some Daft Punk
  20. Sandzibar

What exactly did they say? as when i escalated they said the ban wasnt because of ps2fov.exe - but that was the only thing I had run alongside planetside2.exe, ts3.exe and fraps.exe - but they wouldnt actually tell me what it was that I had done.

They always just shut down all my questions to why with "we cant tell you anything to protect our anti cheat methods".

Sharon also said that "many technical people and devs" had looked at my account and there was no doubt in their minds, and that it wasnt FOV issues.I dont think she understood what I was talking about with regards to fov and ps2fov.exe though.

I asked them if they knew how ps2fov.exe worked? and whether it would look like a cheat on their detection? - and they declined to answer time and time again.

The system they use generates no "false positives" and is flawless, according to Sharon Morris. In the end I just couldnt handle the frustration of trying to get anywhere with these people, so i gave up and rerolled. There is literally nothing you can do once they have decided something.

New char is BR28, k/d is the same, im just missing £60 of my items - No alpha squad boost is a pain. Whilst the money isnt a huge issue.. the loss of time taken to get to BR67, not to mention the whole "You are guilty and no way to prove youre not haha!", has left a very bad taste. Ill keep playing as i like the devs and the game, but no more money to SOE.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.