Unplayable on Multi-Monitor Systems Due To Low FoV

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Skid, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reloaded

2. Tejota

Proof??
    I think too many eyefinity/surround users fix FOV issues with PS2FOV and nobody says nothing about that.
  3. CHEF

Been using it for about three months and SOE personell read this forum. THis makes me feal like their first bans on the other program wer premature and they are allowing us to have fun with this game. I highly recommend! WOuld be great when they fixh\\ themselves so wont have to turn off to adjust my player configuration though. Flying is a blast!
  4. Reloaded

Well, it's still being worked on apparently...
  5. Rogue1138

6. Reloaded

:eek:
  7. TimoWasTaken

Please please please
  8. SethRuin

Yeah, I just play it single-screen for now.
  9. frag85

So umm,

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/222466929363910656

Yeah.... About that.

If it can EASILY be fixed by a community member, then why has it taken this long for the developers to fix the FOV issue? I don't want to hear BS about it taking too much time to fix. It worked before, it worked with Hayden's Widescreen fixer. An FOV fix is so easy.

This is the last Sony product that will get my money, which shouldn't have gotten any of my money in the first place. :mad: :mad:
    • Up x 1
  10. frag85

After a certain resolution, all it does is change the FOV of the gun.

[IMG]
  11. Kevin Lowe

I just stopped playing. I still keep up with this thread in case they fix their game, though since they already have my money, it's a bit late to hold them accountable financially.
    • Up x 1
  12. Tradewind

Came back after not playing since November, looks like I've been banned for using Flawless Widescreen as well. No idea when as there was no notice in my email. Happened sometime after November 25. I submitted a support ticket tonight.

It is still sorely disappointing that surround resolutions flat out, do not work, even after I brought up this very issue almost 6 months ago. Then you're banning people who use 3rd party applications to make up for the complete lack of support the game provides out of the box. What a mess.
  13. Jpump145

I haven't played this game in months. Logged in last night just to check my FPS and it's still the same as last time. Also hooked up my surround and tested it too. Game took at least 3x as long to load, and on the character select screen, my side monitors were just flickering constantly. Upon logging in, I was greeted with 24-40 FPS in the Warpgate, instead of 120+ FPS on a single monitor. Then I noticed whole bottom half of the UI was missing, along with the Logout button. Quickly logged out, edited my UI back to 1920x1080, and closed down Steam. Thanks SoE, see you in another 5 months.
  14. Reloaded

Page 5 bump. :eek:
  15. PartisanBlade

Come on SOE, fix it! I am getting way too many things accomplished, and I really believe this game can bring an end to my productivity problem, if you would just fix this FOV F-unctionality!
  16. Tradewind

So this is a load of BS. As the only reason my ban would have been implemented was due to using FWS prior to November 26 and I am now told they are refusing to remove the ban.
  17. Rogue1138

Morning bump
  18. Sandzibar

The only chance you have is escalating to Sharon Morris. And pray she is in a good mood - you wont get anywhere with the lower level CSRs - they just dont care, and want support tickets closed as fast as possible. Its not in their interest to investigate things indepth.

I tried pleading with them to look at ps2fov.exe from WSGF, but they just brush you off and claim that they cannot answer any questions to protect their anti cheat measures.

So good luck.
  19. Tradewind

Apparently it has been "escalated" again, whatever that entails. I wouldn't care so much if I didn't have station cash lingering...plus the principle.
    • Up x 1
  20. Daikar

I would love the see the email you got from SOE saying that using PS2FOV got you banned.
    AFAIK SOE can't scan for memory editing tools and prolly other hacks aswell.
    They ban ppl by looking at the reported player when he plays ( this is how i think it works )
    So how did they know you used the program, or did you just get banned and then assumed that was the reason?

One could maybe even go so far and say you could sue them for false advertisement since they did have as a selling point.
    And they ONLY reason I went and bought 3 screens and a gtx680 was becuase I checked if my new fav game had support only to find that yes it did, or so i thought at the time.......

Load up the game and play for about 10min without even noticing the insane FOV because i'm so happy it works, then i turn my head and look at my friends screen. HOLY **** i'm chinese, or atleast thats how the game looks without the fix.

Please atleast fix the UI!

Also to ppl saying its an easy fix, I say this again it is not an easy fix.
    The FIX ppl are using only allows the FOV to go beyond they one that SOE set for us, but the issues that FOV brings will be there again. The main issue is seeing threw walls when you stand right next to them and also sometimes textures can just disappear when viewed at a certain angle. Sometimes entire buildings become invisible and with a NV everyone inside lights up like a lighthouse.
    I think that is the reason for limiting the FOV, BUT THEN TELL US THAT!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.