Truth-telling: What do you do when ally and enemy are both in your line of fire?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thrasis, Jul 31, 2014.

1. DrPapaPenguin

Double kill!
    • Up x 1
  2. Liam23490

Always hold off and wait for a clean shot, unless they are running at a sunderer with C4 - Then shoot them, and if an ally dies, switch kit and revive him.
  3. Dinapuff

1) Rush enemy and get past the ally. Once in the clear you can hipfire and bait for a knife given enemy is likely to have suffered damage.
    2) Find cover and then shoot as ally is likely to be dead.
    3) Turn and run the other way.
    4) Throw a nade / Rocket primary.
    5) Aim and fire. Ally is likely to die anyhow so might aswell set yourself up to kill his enemy.
    6) ADAD spam and wait for ally to die.
  4. Captain Kid

I pretend the ally is not there. I shoot the enemy and if the ally wants to get in between that is his problem.
    Except off course when there are other allies around and I feel safe enough the enemy will be taken out before he is a threat to me.
    (who am I kidding, I still fire at the basterd even then)
  5. KnightCole

I try mybest not to hit the ally, but if he is derpy enough to dance in my LoF...yeah, sorry dude...

If its in such a spot I feel comfortable and quick enough to get a medic to revive, I will try that.
  6. KnightCole

That comment is so appropriate given you have the Madagascar Penguin in ur sig....they some crazy mofos for sure.
  7. Iridar51

I fire, but I try to avoid hitting the ally. Sometimes I do hit, though, and even TK the ally. I feel bad and apologize afterwards.
  8. Lord_Avatar

If it's an outfit mate I hold fire, if it isn't - I squeeze the trigger and send a /tell should I happen to frag a friendly.
  9. DeusExForever

If it's a MAX that never saw an AI he never loved standing in front off ... I'd kill both.

If it's an ally and I turn a corner and he's being shot at but in an angle that bullet spray will hit both ... I'll fire and hope a bullet doesn't hit him.

I really dislike FF on games because such decisions shouldn't be in a non-real game in the first place.
  10. Pacster3

I often play medic...so you can take a wild guess. ;-)

What pisses me off is when I plant mines or c4 at sundy or tank and allies just don't wait till I can get away before they use MY resources to make the kill. Like they can't wait 0.5 seconds....noooooo....
  11. void666

Open fire. I died too many times trying not to shoot the ally and having both killed by the enemy.
  12. EGuardian1

I think that sums it up :)
  13. Ghosty11

I've been playing a lot of medic lately, so I just rez the teammate afterwards.
  14. DK22

I'll fire if I can, but maybe hold up a second and try and catch'm on a re-load.
    But really this kinda stuff is all over in about 2 seconds, not much time to even think about it.
  15. Yuukikun

People who deliberately shoot a teammate in the back have mental issues. If you can't trust someone in a video game, where death is not important, how can you trust them when something important happens.
  16. Huxer

It is crazy. Since I've been on TR I have found that if I ever start to fire my weapon some ally will almost always run over and stand directly in front of my gun as if to see what I'm shooting at. When it first started happening I would stop firing and strafe to get a clean shot again but as soon as I'd shoot there would be a second guy that would run up and stand in front of my rounds. IT's gotten so ridiculous that I no longer stop shooting when they do that, I simply kill them and then kill my original target if at all possible. It's like no one has any shooting discipline on TR at all.
  17. DQCraze

There are to many people in a zerg hex to worry about who's firing where and when. If I'm engaged and you walk in my LOF it's your fault if you die.
  18. CactusLynx

Depends on my class role.

If i'm rolling a MCG or 100 round weapon as surpressing fire, i'm usually just unloading the thing as it is. If someone is dumb enough to get in the way of someone with an MCG unloading, they deserve it. You know who you are.
  19. G.O.A.T

If I see my teammate is getting destroyed, I fire.

This way the enemy doesn't get full Killing XP....and he is weak when he has to fight me.

I feel that this should make my teammate happy.

I hate it tho when my teammates kill me tho, because I can destroy 99% of people in Planetside 2.
  20. Pacster3

TK that way happens less with Vanu cause we don't have good weapons that have enough ammo to kill 5 people in a row...so we rather try to not waste bullets on our own people. ;-)