TR Prowler is now the deadliest SoB in the game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MichaelMoen, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Botji

That would be a good analogy if the shotgunner was using a controller with their sensitivity turned down because then one of the better tactics would be to circle around them just like a Magrider.

You typically cant drive fast enough to out-circle a Magrider but you dont have to, you can drive under them skipping half the circle and forcing them to turn ~180 degrees which quickly becomes more since you can see which direction they are turning and either drive or reverse in the opposite just to drag it out as much as possible.

Viper Lightning can kill a Magrider with a single reload with just side armor hits. You are more likely to win than lose the bet if you can survive for ~4 seconds against a Magrider when you drive under it, might even get some bonus rear hits just to make them very dead when you reload.
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

Its still a good analogy. You are in most cases more likely to kill yourself than win the engagement.

You can drive under them once at best, and any half-decent Magrider will be turning the moment it realizes its fired its last shot before you get underneath it. So either most Magrider users arent even decent enough to realize you can turn your chassis in anticipation of a very predictable event or people are grossly overstating its use, besides again all the problems inherent with trying to hit a Magrider as you pass underneath and the fact that the Magrider turns faster than your chassis and can hit you in the rear.

"the technique works because this one vehicle can do it without going underneath!"
    Also the one MBT least likely to get side-hits from the Viper is the Magrider, who can, you know, face the Lightning?
    And the technique of driving underneath also requires a rather specific set of circumstances, mostly a CQC battle without other AV wielders nearby and the Lightning surprising the Magrider since the Magrider has pretty much all the advantages in a CQC combat scenario due to its mobility.
  3. VV4LL3

No you.
    *flips table*
  4. Hereyagoboom

I fear the Kingsnake, my favorite tank is the chimera with a larian. I keep my distance and kill plenty of prowlers...at a far distance.