TR Prowler is now the deadliest SoB in the game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MichaelMoen, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Botji

Still wouldnt die to 2 Prowler APs and a Halberd shot though.

But sure if the health came with it then I assume the speed, acceleration, turning etc also does. Would happily trade away 2500hp to zoom around with a Magrider.
  2. Botji

and bam double post because editing is not allowed after some time!

Isnt it because anyone who actually used it quickly realized that holding a 3 shot burst worth 2139 damage against a tank isnt exactly all its made up to be?

The charge up is a bit weird too, it seems to charge up about 1 shot per second until the 3rd which takes longer for some reason so I think its fair to say that minimum charge time is 3 seconds, then you add on the 3+ seconds long reload to that and you get a weapon that can burst fire once every ~7 seconds(because fire delay, left over decimals from reload upgrade and charge up) and do 2139 damage against a tank with it.

Kingsnake on the other hand apparently has a 0.2 fire delay which afaik would mean a full reload -> fire cycle would take just under 4 seconds and it can do 2100 damage per reload.

Is this the time when I mention the Prowlers Barrage boost that removes a little more than 1 second from the cycle so it does 2100 damage every ~3 seconds?

So if we have one weapon doing 2100 damage every ~3 seconds and another doing 2139 damage every 6-7 seconds, is there any merit discussing how OP the Perihelion is?
    I mean, a 2 crew MBT could probably out repair it with that kind of DPS.
  3. VV4LL3

Oh no, they do... I'm just glad the other factions haven't figured out that an object moving left-right while facing them isn't the same as another object moving left-right, while aiming at them.

The day NC and TR figure that out.... VS is DONE for, I tell ya.
  4. VV4LL3

Careful Botj, if you let Demigan know this little secret....
  5. Krotos

This is just outright wrong. I've been 3 shotting sundys, vanguards, and maggies even at long range.

The gun ABSOLUTELY needs a hard nerf.
  6. AuricStarSand

How about Prowlers & Vanguards that have no trouble hitting a Harasser at mid range, while the Harasser is 40 yards away, running at 120 mph & running laps around the MBT. Yet the MBT wins.

If they are hitting 80 mph to 120 mph Harassers. Snow areas of Esamir. Why would swaying left to right via a magriders strafing at 4 mph make you dodge tank shells that often? Simply won't.

So strafing is only good for the range of one mile out & at that range I've already stated that Vanguards & Prowlers are better at sniper ranges. As they win 48vs48's. Or Island verse Island.

Also are boats dodging hits often? No boats are not.
    Most pariah type weapons hit boats
    tank shells hit boats.

Also Magriders moving left & right ruins their own aim. & they already have the worst turn barrel. So enemies have to fix their aim to shoot a strafer, a strafer has to fix their aim to shoot as well. Lastly a Prowler & Vanguard are able to strafe right side to left side, by simply showing your side armour and moving forward & reverse. It's the same speed. I'd say magburner is mostly used for running away, yet since the magburner is the same speed as a prowler, it's a below average utility. Most prowlers don't know they are as fast, yet they are. So the best dueling ability is Vanguard, however NC has so many new players, most haven't afforded the MBT ability. So you haven't seen as many vet nc tank drivers. Till lately NC are better, yet only for some months, not usual for us west.
  7. Demigan

The little secret I quite literally name and then explain why that little secret is ******** as ***?
  8. Botji

So since giving you the more plausible and logical conclusion of why the Magrider performs well in the stats but remains the least used MBT by a massive margin does not work, why dont you explain the reason people are not using the Magrider then?

Its obviously the best MBT in the game, easy to use and super powerful as you claim it to be but what is the reason the hills are literally not overflowing with waves upon waves of Magriders?
  9. Demigan

I already did give explanations, several times, better and more logical ones too. I've done that for a couple years now, yet evert time people go "nuh-uh, for... reasons".
  10. Botji

Ah but you seem to forget the time I completely demolished your argument with text beautiful like a glorious painting and it was basically a magical moment in history where you agreed with me and denounced all your previous statements as false.

It happened in the past though so you know its like your signature picture, true story just take my word for it.
  11. Demigan

Difference is you can actually find the previous work proving I'm right. And since I've done this rodeo dozens of times and no matter how perfect all evidence points to "damn that Magrider is the best MBT" every time people move the goalposts or come up with anecdotes or lie about it because they just can't take the idea that the "worst" MBT is actually the best.

It's the same with the Betel. Blatantly outperforming everything else, no trace of other NS weapons and the like on VS having similar stats, and deemed "an inferior gun to the Orion and even that Orion isn't good, because we are just superior beings who love a challenge or something".
  12. AuricStarSand

The premise of the Magrider isn't hills, first of all Prowlers ability is best used via mountains or hills, so who has the majority of " Hill snipers " Mags or Prows? Prowlers have better hill snipers, they practice for hills more so, as their ability is more entertaining after you get to the hill. So traveling to the hill doesn't make for majority of better hill snipers. Just because mags are able to reach the top, doesn't mean they are entertaining to use once you get to the top. Also Vanguards same thing, they don't have have a offense hill sniping ability, yet they have a defensive hill sniping ability. & from how vanguards appeal like modern tanks, generally yes more practice from their empire.

What does magrider have after it reaches the hill? The ability to sway to the right & left very slowly? That's first of all already proven to be less effective than prowlers added dps or vanguards added long range defense & 2nd off it's more boring for the mag. Not to mention magrider has the worst turn barrel aim which means they generally less fond of aiming.

So most pros with magrider rush forward, they don't want to camp hills, only amatuers who are too scared of dying usually sit with hills. Also what about all the regions without hills? Theirs so many regions that hills are non existent. The magrider is only good for hills the prowler or vanguard isn't able to hike & theirs many hills a prowler or vanguard is able to tread.

Take all the lil hills surrounding Watersons, who's more likely to have a freak ton of tanks peppering shells at the patios of Watersons? Not magriders, vanguards or esp prowlers win the rate.

Magrider's would have to out run Prowlers to be deemed anything other than 3rd place for mbt duels. and 80% of the time they aren't able to out run Prowlers. So they are third place. Wth is the reason for a magburner if you don't outrun Prowlers? & don't say " hills ". Also I never want to hill snipe with a Magrider, I'd be more keen to hill snipe with a Prowler or Vanguard, just not a Magrider their barrel turn is so unfavorable for shooting. Which is why they are more entertaining for flurry blitz's. Or kamizikazee runs.

Have a Magrider & Prowler side by side & wait a few secs for these tanks to reach top speed, is the magrider going to out run to prowler, enough for it to matter? nope. So what's the point of a magrider then?

The only problem with Prowlers is their ability isn't as good for duels as a vanguards is, what are they gonna deploy during a duel, usually no. Just their stats are better than a magrider.

1) Vanguard (good for all ranges and duels, just noobs are amateur at timing the shield)
    2) Prowler (ability for sniping, has well rounded stats for duels & move speed)
    3) Magrider (ability good for running away at medium range sometimes, yet not good for anything else)

Prowler & Vanguard destroy magriders at near range. Medium range is a fair fight. & far range vanguards & prowlers win over magriders as well.

So yes magrider is third place & the magburner's should juke a prowler x10 of what it is right now. Place a magrider 40 feet in front of a prowler, with the magriders tail facing the prowler. & Tell me if using a magburner ever helped you escape the prowler at top speed, the answer is no. You're dead. The gatekeeper shot your tail, rip.

So the only way you're escaping isn't from speed, it's by getting lucky at medium range behind a boulder or tree. & that's sometimes too niche. Same goes for strafing behind a tree, for podshots, too niche.

For the island verse island, our magriders wouldn't even make it to the beach before dying, their was so many prowler shells raining. So the irony of saying, " just drive across the sea lol " like huh? we aren't even able to make it to the start of the water, dying at the sand. We did eventually travel the sea to flank some, it wasn't amazing, it worked some tho. Still not as useful as prowlers ability for island verse island. Then for bridges Vanguards are best. Vanguards are also best with repair sunderers, more time to repair from shield.

Prowler: Wins at near & far range & average at medium.
    Vanguard: Wins at near & far range & average at medium.
    Magrider: Loses at near & far range & above average at medium.

End result: I main harasser bay bay haha.
  13. Botji

Just kinda funny to see you make fun of VS not ignoring what you and many others think is the best LMG in the game while in the same post claim the Magrider is the best MBT in the game.... but VS are ignoring it, no reason given.

Doesnt really add up but whatever, you probably have some convenient proof for that too in your pocket. Its just in another thread somewhere you cant be bothered to find like everything else.
  14. Demigan

Why should I do the work AGAIN?

If you want to (fail to) prove your point, do the math! The numbers are right there. I'm not going to do it again.

Not to mention I already explained it to you.
  15. Philipthedino

I have max out AP is it worth switching to the Kingsnake for long range battles and targeting infantry?
  16. Demigan

Its aimed at shorter range battles as its the only Prowler main gun with a COF. you can compare it to a slightly less accurate Viper with more velocity, damage and faster reload. That COF is the biggest downside though, so use it to absolutely annihilate enemies in CQC and short-midrangish.
  17. Fraecker

Deadliest TR Vehicles are Harasser with Vulcan, or a battle Sunderer with 2 Palisade.
    Even 1 good Lightning driver could drive under a Magrider and destroy it. A good Flash driver can do that too.
    It's not only firepower, it depends on maneuverability and armor.

It is a rock paper scissors game, don't compare units against same class units.

You can have a nice Prowler, but without air defense a Scythe could kill it.

A Prowler is a defense unit (with built up and shield), compared to a Magrider, which i see more as an attack unit.
  18. Fraecker

Magrider is funnier to play compared to Vanguard or Prowler, but, it is harder to learn and drive it. Many did not like the hard mounted cannon and that tanks & harasser can driver under you tank is horrible, so you must pay better attention.

First time i did not like Magrider too, played some time with a team mate and now i really like it.

But don't think that you win a direct fight with a Vanguard or Prowler, their pssy shield (thats how vanu call it) is huge problem for Magriders, thats why we must use our maneuverability to get a better position. And a hard mounted cannon did not make this easier.
  19. Botji

That depends on what you consider long range and if its on the Prowler or Lightning. The Prowler has decent ability to kill infantry with this from most spots where they tend to sit and shoot infantry in bases but it is really more of a close to medium range anti-vehicle weapon.

Kingsnake on a Lightning is much more limited in its ability to kill infantry since it only fires 2 shots and they are not that accurate but it absolutely slaps as a AV gun. 1200 damage against tanks every ~2.4 seconds before any reload upgrades is a lot of damage, Lightning AP does 1050 damage against tanks every 3 seconds before reload upgrades so its a big DPS upgrade on a Lightning but you do trade some accuracy over long range for it ofc.
  20. Demigan

Not by the performance. Although I cant find the Palisade numbers.

I dont know how anyone can claim such things with a straight face unless you never tried it.
    A stationary Magrider just turning on the spot already falls off a stationary Lightning underneath it, and we can assume that both the Magrider and Lightning are moving. Even tapping the A or D key would guarantee the Magrider getting off the Lightning before it fired 1 shot.
    Then there's the shot the Lightning needs to fire. Fire just a fraction of a second too soon and it counts as a front armor shot (doesnt matter if you actually hit it in the bottom), fire a fraction of a second too late and despite seeing a screen filled with the bottom of the Magrider you miss simply because your barrel is already sticking out the other side. Not to mention that you have to save that shot for a moment as you charge so you arent reloading as you pass.
    We can assume both parties are moving, so the Lightning has to steam as fast as it can to get underneath while the Magrider tries to strafe away, which means the Magrider is guaranteed to be on the Lightning for less than a second and if the Magrider just turns he can be guaranteed a rear-shot on the Lightning as it passes. Yes, a Magrider has a better chance of hitting the Lightning in the rear than the other way around.
    A Magrider has to actively cooperate to die to a Lightning getting underneath. Or suck at hitting the Lightning. Similarly a Flash cannot hope to fully kill a Magrider by getting underneath, most weapons dont even have the elevation to consistently hit it if you move too far so you are forced to sit just underneath the rear and then flee as the Magrider ineviteably turns while strafing to find what is hitting him.

How this is tauted as an actual tactic is beyond me. Its like saying its smart to try and close the distance to a shotgunner with a sniper as your relative angular velocity while circle-strafing increases making you a harder target. Technically true but also a great way to commit suicide.

1: its not, unless you assume that paper can be beaten by everything, scissors can beat paper and rock can beat everything.
    2: rock paper scissors gameplay is dumb as fornication for an MMOFPS game that isnt a partial milsim. It means that players are constantly in situations where they die just because they ran into their counter and couldnt do anything against it. An MMOFPS should be a soft counters game from top to bottom, where even if you are being countered you should stand a chance to at the very least attempt to escape or defend yourself.

And no G2A defenses can realistically kill the Scythe unless they are massed.
    Also if the Prowler doesnt have any G2A defenses the Prowler is almost guaranteed to be killed by an A2G scythe, while if the Scythe has the worst possible loadout to deal with ground units it is still practically guaranteed to escape alive (if not barely inconvenienced).

Both can be extremely powerful at both offense and defense. The speed, maneuverability and DPS of the Prowler make it excellent for an offensive attack while its shield makes it good for defense as well. The Magrider can use its strafing to defend itself while the enemy attacks or to get to the enemy and attack on its own terms.