TR best all purpose gun??

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by LT_Latency, Mar 30, 2013.

1. FlayvorOfEvil

You can't compare a Select Fire weapon with a normal weapon. It has very similar stats to the GD-22S except it has a compensator which is vital to longer range combat. At the same distance my Gauss SAW is forced to fire in single shot, a TMG-50 can fire 6 round bursts and kill me way faster.
  2. YesNoMaybe

Both of you read my post wrong. Look again at what gun I mentioned.... I did not mention the default nc gun.
  3. Vicarious

The saw is stupid overpowered.
  4. y3ivan

TMG-50 = Gauss SAW.
  5. rickampf

T32 Bull IMO... but i think soe did unnecessary nerf on it when reduced their ammo capacity.
  6. rickampf

No... the GOD saw is the Best LMG in the game imo, there is no other like that monster. TMG-50 seems to be a wannabe be NC LMG, but is our best choice as outdoor LMG.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kingside

If I could only pick one LMG it would have to be the MSW-R. It has the highest RoF and most controllable recoil of any LMG. With forward grip and compensator its pretty good for long range and with advanced laser and softpoint ammo it is a beast in QCQ. If I could pick two I would add the T16.

However for small base engagements I prefer the T16. This is a beast for long to medium range and not the worst for QCQ (although I would switch to MSW-R when you advance up to the buildings). I have a couple hundred kills with the TMG-50 and I finally just got fed up with the uncontrollable recoil. My playstyle prefers long bursts of 4-7 rounds, not small bursts of 1-3 and the first shot recoil on the TMG-50 is just atrocious. If I have learned anything, playstyle has a huge effect on what weapon you are most effective with. Spend some quality time in VR testing everything and you will be surprised at how effective you are with weapons you did not consider at first to be the best ones.

T16 with forward grip, compensator and high velocity ammo for outside and small base skirmishes
    MSW-R with HS/NV, advanced laser, and softpoint ammo for buildings and cap point battles
    T7 Mini-Chaingun with extended mag for hardcore QCQ (I do not like shotguns)
  8. Mr. Troffleops

Did... did you just reccomend the Mini Chaingun? That thing is AWFUL for CQC. I have literally watched LA's walk straight up to me and **** me with the GD7-f while I was unloading that piece of trash. Worthless. No redeeming qualities. The spin up time makes it even worse, by the time you have started firing you are down to half health.

T16 and MSW-R I second. The TMG-50 has some weird COF and recoil relationship that makes it really inaccurate in my hands. The T16 on the other hand is dang near recoil free. GREAT weapon. The MSW is fine up close, but it still can't handle CQC carbines or shotguns, which means its kinda silly at its intended role. Never used the Bull so I won't comment on that.
    • Up x 1
  9. Kingside

The chaingun is great if you aren't solo or ghost capping. It is the only weapon that can suppress that isn't a MAX. It also works the best with concussion grenades. If you get a good nade in, you can kill everyone in a room including MAXs with one clip.

Also like I said, I don't like shotguns because they are low-skill cheesy
  10. Dalistro

Not sure what guns you were using but the T-16 Rhino and the MSW-R both do not have the option to attach a compensator.

From personal experience the T16 Rhino or TMG-50 are good all purpose guns. Both can hit effectively at all ranges.
    I haven't tried the T32 Bull but the stats look quite appealing.
  11. Kingside

My mistake you are correct about the compensators. I was thinking of Advanced forward grip in the case of the T16. I use the MSW-R for medium/QCQ and for some reason thought I remembered a compensator choice.
  12. llPendragon

It feels like I get killed by the TMG-50 and CARV the most. The CARV is obviously because everyone has it, but a TMG-50 always seems to find me when I'm at partial health or without shields.

Side note:
    The Saw is good at medium distance, amazing at long distance, but crap at CQC. I actually won't play an infiltrator because I can do better by 2-round bursting the Saw. If you don't want to get killed by it, get closer or wait for them to spend 5 seconds reloading.
  13. ENFORC3R

TMG-50 feels like a nerfed EM6. If only it shot faster and had an advanced foregrip. If only.

Also, how much Smedbux do I have to pay to get the T9 CARV that we had at launch?
  14. y3ivan

its like a modified E6 that is also a modified from SAW

anyway, it a good all-rounder LMG compared to SAW. In close range combat, SAW will lose to T9-carv.
  15. Zaik

I think the TMG-50 is going to be your best bet tbh. CARV is awful, MSW-R is like a goofy awful SMG, T16 and T32 put out horrible DPS, CARV S is bad for the same reason the CARV is, terrible horizontal recoil.
    • Up x 1
  16. Tenderness

I like the SMG. Hailstorm works pretty well for me. With foregrip and compensator you can use it up to pretty long ranges, making it a solid All-Around weapon when capping open bases where CQC isn't always the case. It works really well with the bruiser playstyle of the HA if you ask me.

Other than that i like the TMG-50, pure raw damage on that. MSW-R for medium ranges though.
  17. csp0811

I do pretty well with the MSW-R with suppressor at range. Since the recoil is unidirectional, it's fairly easy to compensate for. That means on good days I can basically fire 10 rounds and hit with all 10 rounds at a target 75m away and get kill (you need a lot of bullets to kill with 143 bullet damage and a suppressor at range haha).

TMG-50 has recoil pattern that took me a while to get used to, but I found it was a good all rounder, even in CQ (better than MSW-R in my opinion in CQ because you can spray 75 bullets in hipfire vs 50 bullets, which makes a big difference).

T16 for me is garbage. I need adv. foregrip to get more than a few bullets per burst on a target, and the RoF is so poor for a 143 dmg weapon. I'd rather use my Carv.

Haven't tried the T32 bull yet; It looks good but I'm still worried about that low RoF.
  18. lilleAllan

I love the SAW but it will lose to a lot of things in CQC :)
  19. y3ivan

CARV the horizontal recoil is manageable and could be compensate if its burst of x8 and a foregrip. SAW need to burst in x3 for a good accuracy and after the 5th shot the shots flies all over the place.
  20. Levtech

The GUNzx3674385479 is the best. It has built in power core locking technology that makes this pump action machine rocket sniper pistol the best OP and non existing gun there is. :p