This game is frustrating as hell

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Captain Kid, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Sixstring

Stop playing infantry-only and then whining about vehicles to get them nerfed.

Oh yeah bye.
  2. LibertyRevolution

LOL, oh god no, not often. A handful of times over 2600 hours of playtime.
    That was an extreme case, which is why I sent it to youtube, but it shows just how bad it can be.

I would rage quit and uninstall if that happened to me often. :p
    • Up x 1
  3. Palbuddy

Just don't trust the majority of snipers in all. Cowardly ingame opportunists are relentless opportunists in RL too! ^

[IMG]
  4. Giasira

Is this a problem unique to Planetside 2 though? Try playing any competitive multiplayer game and you`re going to get stomped at first, badly, without exception. I`ve played CS, where you will get headshotted over and over again by elite players who have played de_dust2 for years and know where your head is going to be 30 seconds before you actually pop out. You have no chance in hell before you bang your face against the wall enough and get better. In DayZ you`ll be stomped by snipers 800-1000m away before you even hear the gunshot. In WoW you`ll be stomped by organized arena teams and premades in battlegrounds, and by people who have played way longer than you and have way better gear.

Have you tried Red Orchestra 2? You`re not even going to know who, what or from where you got killed. Stick your nose out of cover and you`re dead in 0.2 seconds. The rest of the time will be spent in a disoriented state as covering fire is "realistic" and the camere goes weird when bullets land near you.

Mount and Blade? Chivalry: Medieval warfare? Everyone knows how to block incoming sword strikes with ease. They`ll literally run circles around you. You`ll get chopped to pieces over and over again.

I haven`t played many online strategy games, but when i have, everyone knows the optimal strategy, the most currently OP unit, the cheesiest tactics etc.. Basicly what i`m saying is, you have to sink alot of time into these games to get good at them, for the privilege of yourself absoloutely stomping the poor unwashed masses.

BTW, I feel that Planetside 2 is MORE forgiving than many of the other games i have mentioned. You`re not going to get into a good guild in WoW for example, without having certain credentials, and committing alot of time. If you play badly in CS it`s much more devastating for your team since the teams are smaller. In DayZ you`re going to have wasted several hours gathering gear... and then you get shot by some bored sniper and you`ll have to start all over again.
  5. WTSherman

Project Reality, the whole ARMA series, WWII Online, Planetside 1... basically every FPS with a map larger than 500m across.

Generally, putting some distance between you and the front gives you a little time to chill out, talk with your friends, and come up with creative battle plans before you run into the enemy. It also gives time to sightsee and enjoy all the terrain that is outside the bases.

Unfortunately, redeploy hopping is currently the fastest mode of transportarion in PS2 hands down, as well as the safest. If you prefer not to abuse it though you have vehicle terminals, nanites, and legs. Use them.
  6. DarkJackal

I can't wait for KF2 to come out and hopefully another RO/RS. The accuracy of the guns is legendary, where you can accurately fire MGs over 250m away, so much so that if you have a good MG he will rack up kills which isn't hard with the right map but only in certain spots. It's sad to see when the game goes free for two days the folks that just start to play get mowed down constantly because you do actually have to use real life covering and advance tactics where smoke throwing is key and simultaneous attacks needed. I wish that game was more popular as it is loads of fun to play an FPS with a different pacing where you can't "MLG-YO-YO" through the opposition.
  7. Captain Kid

Still playing..
    But I think this game is completely broken.
    I've played Wolfenstein: Enemy teritory for two years and this is not normal.

I'm running up the stairs inside an enemy base, we have 45% pop.
    As Engineer.
    I know, complete madness, I should be Heavy, the only viable class.
    I mean Engineer is support, god forbid he should be viable in a fight.
    And attacking with only 45% is silly; I should redeploy.

Anyway, I run at the end of the stairs and see an enemy.
    I press right mouse to enter ADS mode.The moment I do that I die.
    To the same enemy; only 1 guy, not 2, or 3 or 5.
    1 guy.
    I only saw 1 guy and the death screen only showed damage from 1 guy.

I cannot imagine me entering ADS mode taking more then 0.3 of a second.
    It is impossible to kill a person that fast. It also impossible he saw me sooner since I was walking up the stairs.

I have no explanation. I'm glad I've stopped paying and I can NOT fathom how in gods name they are going to release this on the PS4.

Edit.
    Just now fired 10-15 bullets at an enemy. At 5 meters distance. No hit markers, death screen showed zero damage. If this game is released on PS4 they will be the laughing stock of every gaming website out there.