This game is frustrating as hell

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Captain Kid, Dec 6, 2014.

1. f0d

exactly how i feel about battlefield
    such a broken game

planetside on the other hand i have no problems with
  2. Tycoh

If you think my definition of a finished product is being a pile of turd, PS2 is a half finished pile of turd then.
    Of course i'm going to cluster mobbed by the bunch of SOE brown nosers, its their forums anyway.
  3. Blippy

Honestly, I don't think PS2's learning curve is all that bad. My biggest issue with it when I started playing was that it ran like utter trash. I'm talking 8 FPS at large facilities. So I was stuck with being able to do nothing except ghost cap bases and fight at 1-12 battles, which means my SPM was 50 or less. My first one hundred certs was a big deal, and I spent them on the Equinox Burst...
  4. Hatesphere

ps2, battlefield and cod are piles of turd. ps2 might be a bit less polished, but they are all just piles of turd
  5. iller

Parallax / Longshot / Ram50 .... that's what's up.

If you were indeed moving and maybe even weaving a bit, you're still vulnerable to a basement dweller with either of those because they're the best BASR. It's all the same BASR infact despite the name, and there's no downside on them. A very scant few people will use other variations because they just like to be special snowflakes and have convinced themselves that the downgrade variants are some kind of side-grade ... and yeah maybe if you were headshotted at mid range then it might have been a 2x-4x scoped SASR instead they hit you with which is designed for that BTW. But that's very rare and your odds are just as good it's a Bot instead... (there's one guy who clearly bots with them and uploads his kills to youtube and shares those on some forums. He's still doing it despite customer service being contacted). But in like 90% of the other cases, it's the Parallax and someone who's been shooting one so long that they can predict that split second when you'll move in a straight line just long enough to be skull higbyed.

Hell I started doing that with just the Railjack about 500 kills into it. And that thing's a real downgrade if you've ever actually calculated the difference between bullet times at ~100m & ~200m ranges. ...but hey, if it's any consolation, and because honestly, you're kinda unfamiliar with snipers if you even had to ask.... you weren't exactly covering the most important parts of a Base if you were even *outside* / exposed to any of the lines of sight for these campers. In other words, take a minute to consider just how long they had to spend to get it down to a science, and then also realize that as soon as it comes to actually capturing a point .... there's really **** all they can do to influence that. That's the real downside to these "ohk railguns". Sitting on a hill, unable to really matter, with your 1000+ hours expertly honed thumb up your *** watching Malorn's video for the 8th time b/c there's nothing else to do

6. Varonth

Is it unique? I see alot of assault rifle like weapons. Like alot.
    They all handle fairly similar.

There is close to no unique weapon in the game. And those that are unique, are mostly underused because they are quite bad.

The massive battles?

That might be cool, if we wouldn't have CoD like TTK and weaponary. 96v96 battles at biolabs aren't fun. Why? Because most of the time one team will camp on one side of the entrance, while the other team camps on the other. If anyone dares to go through said entrance he is dead before his client registered that he got attacked.

But lucky us, that we even have less penalties for death, than CoD. For infantry, there is literally 0 penalty.

Battlefield atleast has a ticket system, so those battles will resolve if people die.

So the best battles I had were either 1-12, 12-24 or 24-48 depending on base size. And 48 requires the really massive bases with multiple capture points.

The good thing about low TTK and simple weapons:
    It actually is newbie friendly. If you get the jump on someone you most likely gonna win, even if you are BR2 and the opponent is BR100. All you have to do is point and click. Even a new players understands this.

The bad thing:
    If the amount of players becomes too high, you can die before the client registers hits.

So I wonder... what is so unique about PS2, that you cannot have in let's say Battlefield 4?
    • Up x 2
  7. RykerStruvian

If you're going to play by yourself, make sure you're reading/using the map to your advantage. General rules:

a) Do not join huge fights
    b) If you join huge fights, make sure your side has more people
    c) Do not run in a straight line ever. Go from cover to cover. It's slower, but you'll catch the people who run in straight lines while you're in cover
    d) There are 'vets' and then there are 'vets'. In other words, just because someone is BR9000 doesn't mean they're good. There are plenty of high BR people who are 'bad'. But the truth is find your own strength and what you enjoy to do...not all fights require you to be facing off against others.
    e) Snipers are an issue, but people are not creative. This means watch vehicle terminals, do not stand in one spot, etc. Good snipers are rare and those are the ones who are always on the move.
  8. Hatesphere

uniqueness of a game is not simply defined by how it weapons preform in a 1 v 1 situation. battlefield 4 does not have any ware near thee scale of PS2
  9. Tuco

What's a "POTBS" or a "LOTR Online"?
  10. Nick Riviera

POTBS and LOTR stand for Google? Seriously thought its lord of the rings online and that other one pirates of the burning sea.
  11. Tuco

whoah, tripped out
  12. SoldierHobbes

War is hell. You can't take the heat, get out.
  13. Targanwolf

OP
    I hear you.I'm glad you found out what this game is...and isn't.
    Frankly what you have to say is not new....but it does reveal how much SOE does not care about attracting and keeping new players.
    Good luck in finding you next challenge....and FUN experience.
  14. DarkJackal

This game probably requires, at least for me with a 4 year old rig, more attention to your own PC performance than I've come across say COD or BF with stable population servers as you're essentially clientside playing. This is largely due to the flux of playing with decent frame rates to sub 30 fps without noticing and potentially mistaking that as "lag" when several galaxies drop folks onto a what was once a 12 v 12 and within a minute or two you have 128 v 128 on the same area of the map. So you will routinely find yourself never feeling like you're improving as the game has such a large scope and dimension during the ebb and flow of combat with varying performance depending on your setup. The niche won't be the same niche as you would find in COD or BF as you really can't escape what makes Planetside 2 really unique given you have a much larger map to fight on.
    • Up x 1
  15. CNR4806

tl;dr "I would have won if not for everyone else being better than me!!!!!1!11!!!1!!!111"

Bye. Don't come back.
  16. TheShrapnelKing

If you don't learn to not care, then yeah you won't like the game.

I still suck (the sig stats LIE I tell you!), but I don't care. Ergo I can still have fun with it.
    • Up x 1
  17. Rogueghost

Wouldn't the half finished pile of turd be better, that would be less turd on one's shoe should one step in it by mistake.

As for this being "our forum" I think you're safer posting that here than /r planetside or whatever, official forums are always the bitterest.
  18. travbrad

Yep the redeploy option is the best feature in the game. There is no better way to avoid bad fights than to redeploy to a better one. It does take a bit of time before you can recognize them though. As a general rule I'd say avoid Indar like the plague too. Nothing but zergs and spam on that continent.
  19. TheStonehawk

Funny part about this post from OP, I was sniping his face off all day the other day...

>_> Sorry.
    • Up x 1
  20. WUNDER8AR

Man I think it's the lag. The game felt super responsive right after the last update. By now it all went to hell again. Servers need a restart on a 24h basis at the very least.
    • Up x 2