This game is frustrating as hell

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Captain Kid, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Captain Kid

I bet that's why not many people play this.
    In any other game after a few dozen or hundred hours you find your niche and do well. And have FUN.
    Not so with this game. Instant annoying death is always happening. You get sniped, shelled, shotgunned, maxed, shotgunned by a PLANE, etc. etc. A never ending stream of frustration with good and fun fights few far and between.

It also doesn't help this game seems to be lacking new players so you end of facing people who are "just auraxium this weapon" aka die hard veterans who have played several thousands of hours and have several thousand kills per weapon.

Also, what the hell is up with snipers lately. I think about a third or more of my deaths (I play careful/support) are snipers. They seem to have no issue one shot killing me while I'm on the move these days. Not exactly fun since it takes me 30 bullets to kill someone from 20 meters away for some reason these last few weeks.

Every time I log in I somehow hope it will get better and I and will get in to a good infantry fight. With flanking. and fair fights. Not being shelled inside a point room or sniped while you are moving in on the enemy.
    But it never seems to happen (anymore)

Goodbye Planetside 2. I wish I could say it has been fun but sadly not more then 10% of the time.
    • Up x 6
  2. BlueSkies

Ok

Bye
    • Up x 14
  3. Verviedi

Bye.
    • Up x 6
  4. Pikachu

Why you join wrong battles? Why you keep running out of spawn room when battle is lost?
    • Up x 6
  5. Sulsa

I'm on my 2 year anniversary and I'm still loving it :D
    • Up x 9
  6. Ribero

The lack of new players is a genuine problem, but suggesting that it's a problem because veterans just stomp you? Not heard that take on it before.
    • Up x 1
  7. Robes

You must be new to every game ever made. Thats a very common complaint from lazy/bad players who would rather complain/cry than learn how to press buttons.
    • Up x 1
  8. Grumblefern

You have to either join a good outfit, or play the map as a solo player. It's going to be frustrating if you're at the wrong fights at the wrong time using the wrong class or vehicle.

You can kind of control your fun : frustration ratios by pulling cheese to take a break as well, unless you just don't find cheese fun.

Admittedly, it takes awhile to get a feel for when to pull what class/vehicle on top of getting more aware of the base designs and so on.

I rarely die to snipers though, I think you probably need to learn to stay mobile and/or use cover better if snipers are giving you trouble. And just don't be those infantry foot zergs in long treks in the open unless you're okay with getting shot with no cover at random.

Also if a base is camped so heavily you have a good chance of dying when leaving spawn, just don't leave the spawn - pick up free kills on campers from inside the spawn room or find another fight.
    • Up x 2
  9. Sn@1L

Solution: NerF Veterans.
    • Up x 1
  10. Dibola

This game itself is really a niche. There's COD and BF people, then there's Planetside people. A lot of people come in expecting to have the experience they had in those games. They forget that Planetside 2 is a whole differ beast.
    • Up x 3
  11. Chewy102

I keep seeing low BRs all the time. New players or not is up for debate but I see sub BR30 peeps everywhere.
  12. Blippy

I saw a ton of BR1 Infiltrators trying to ghost cap a tech plant on Amerish today, along with the occasional BR2-3 HAs and LAs. Half of my 50 kills in that session had to have been sub-BR10
    • Up x 1
  13. MasonSTL

yeah same. some days i have a hard time finding a platoon with BRs over 50
  14. Shanther

This game is a lot like EVE Online in the sense that the learning curve is super high. This graph shall explain

[IMG]

Once you get past that learning curve the game is a lot of fun.
    • Up x 15
  15. pnkdth

^^ What Shanther said.
    • Up x 2
  16. Tycoh

To be honest, this was not true for me. Once you actually learn all the tricks you figure out how watered down and broken this game is. At least BF and CoD are finished products, not great, but at least they have almost all of their content together under 2 years after release.
    • Up x 4
  17. SpruceMoose

I'll miss all those long nights we spent together behind the crown cuddling in the cliffs for warms
    I'd use my little beamer to light the purple fires we'd play shadow puppets with
    then you'd use your MCG to try and sound out the alphabet
    and then we'd stair into each others helmets for what seemed like ages while the suns rose up in the distance
    until.....

who will I spend my resources on now?!
    I can barely afford a flash!
    • Up x 4
  18. Shanther

You kinda missed the point. Once you learn the game it is a lot more fun then when you have no idea wtf you are doing.
  19. Hatesphere

sure, if your definition of finished product is a pile of turd. ps2 is also a pile of turd, but at least it has the audacity to be unique compared to cod or battlefield.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tycoh

Uh yeah, I know what i'm doing and i'm seeing it as disappointing. Its like knowing all the tips and tricks of a broken car that you need to spend an ungodly amount of time to use it competently. You know almost everything about it but are still disappointed that its a broken hunk of crap on wheels.