This game has many flaws (feedback from new player)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zherot, Mar 29, 2015.

1. MahouFairy

Yeah this game is about a war where thousands of players go against each other, spamming vehicles like an epic war movie. If you came here for something less than that, sorry to disappoint you. Get a hint.
    • Up x 1
  2. Zherot

You are wrong.
  3. MahouFairy

Really? Oh then please, tell me what is so wrong that I've not discovered in my approximately 1 year of joining but you discovered it in just a week or two of game play.

No seriously, how did you expect the players to fight for territory over a map?
    • Up x 1
  4. Zherot

You are wrong when you say the point of the game is a zerg vs zerg when the point of the game is to capture continents and win the game.

The big battles happen but its not the point of the game and as it is now the zerg vs zerg is not fun because no one ever really dies because everyone can just spam infinite units forever.
  5. Tommyp2006

There is no winning the game. Territory has no relevance except for moving the fights around.
    • Up x 2
  6. Zherot

Sight.
  7. MahouFairy

So you don't like big battles and would prefer small ones?
  8. Taemien

Ooh the cert farming zerglings are out in force today.

OP, just report them for trolling if they aren't going to stay on topic. Eventually a mod will come and clean it up.
  9. Kentucky Windage

First let me say I am not a noob but at the same time my character I am playing on is new. I have had many meltdowns over this game and have quit multiple times only to return and play. I have cancelled my account numerous times and then created new ones with new characters and lost all of the weapons and gadgets I worked so hard to get. I have been CorpDriven, FlexedBiscuit, GoEers, and numerous other characters. I am the poster boy for acting stupidly and reacting childishly to changes in the game that I felt weren't necessary or needed. My actions reflect poorly on me as a player and as a person.

OP I don't know you from Adam but I will take you at your word that you are a noob and that you have issues with certain aspects of the game. Whatever you do don't do as I have done. Listen to the advice that Taemien and others gave you and find a good Outfit. It matters and will temper some of the not so pleasant aspects of the game you find troubling. The last thing I'll say is just try and have fun. If you are only going through the motions then your stay with us will be short and meaningless anyway. Have fun and relax. What will happen will happen regardless if you want it to or not. So, enjoy your time here with us and make it matter. Make it count and be a winner.

Semper Fi and be well.
  10. Dowlphin

Sorry for not feeling like writing an essay-long response, but most of the points mentioned I find very subjective, attitude-based. Based on the idea that the game should be balanced based on 1 vs 1, which would ruin the game, since right now it's designed to encourage players to grow, adapt, improvise, make smarter decisions.
    If, just to use one example, HA were OP, then this would show through an unusually high number of people playing HA. I don't see that.
    Bugs bother me, but the balancing, the way things work right now, I find quite alright. Nothing that really makes me go "This is messed up and needs to change."

P.S.: I'm quite new to the game.