The tr skill ceiling. The myth or grim reality.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeyGeeMan, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Isokon

The FSM on the SABR is 0.75. You can check weapon stats on this spreadsheet, but be aware that it's outdated, so you need to now what changes have been made since it was last updated.
  2. Atorum

Why is it so hard for people to figure out that this is the main issue, people have FOTM mentality, good players especially, they all flock to easymode, atm its VS.
    Good player with good weapons>good player with bad weapon
    Its simple as that.
    • Up x 1
  3. Nogrim313

TR lack team skills, the guns are fantastic.

been playing TR last two days and the lack of coordination is ******* stunning. its little things

they almost never use galaxy's to redeploy across the map.

sunderer placement is terrible (putting the enemy spawn room between them and the objective for instance

everyone huddled around the spawn room shields with no one at the cap points.

flanking tanks being left alone to wipe out several sunderer, usually only dying when they **** up and hit the front line from behind

too many ESF during base assaults, but no galaxy's or AA

platoon waypoints being two or thee bases behind where we are currently fighting, platoon leaders calling for a redeploy to the otherside of the map with no spawn points or galaxys on route to them.

maybe its just my bad luck but im seeing a lot of things that confirm the whole TR need to L2P argument.

i feel like a lot of TR could really benefit from making a VS alt and playing in the open platoons to see the difference in terms of how VS platoons are lead. from what i have been seeing so far at least the imbalance seems to be centered on the leadership ability/style
  4. Dualice

Wow, are we even thinking of the same weapon? The SABR-13, right? The one with absolutely no variance between horizontal recoil angles, respectable min/max/tolerance figures, and also has access to an advanced forward grip?
    (source)

Some of our stuff has pretty nasty horizontal recoil, its true, but we're not the only ones. The Pulsar VS1's, for example, is pretty wobbly.
  5. FocusLight

Really? Of all the things you could have done, you will bring up one example, ONE EXAMPLE, of a TR with a massively inflated K/D? To counter the argument about TR weapons and thier userfriendlyness? And Daddy of all people...

20K kills with a mid-range bolt-action sniper that is 100% identical across all 3 factions, 19K kills with an Assault Rifle that hascounter-parts in the other two factions, and 18K kills with the NS15M2, an LMG available to all 3 factions that just so happen to be the only .75 mobility LMG available to both TR and NC.

Yeah, all this capability on one player totally counter any argument about TR weapons.

Please stand by while I find you one really terrible VS player to show you that will, by your logic, demonstrate that all the other stats about VS abilities weapon's wise is totally wrong.

Here we go: https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428335660020080193/stats

For those who may recall the drama that ensued from this - yeah, I still recall that whole thing to this day: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/this-game-is-horrible-for-new-people.225592/

Try another argument, like find me the stats that show TR guns being so effective across the board that we 'can't see over the piles od dead bodies in front of us' and all that jazz. That would be a start, at least.
    • Up x 1
  6. MarkAntony

browse that guys channel. i am sure he has gameplay of a weapon other than those guns you have mentioned.in fact he has the TMG 50, the MSW-R, the T32 Bull, and the Trac 5 as well.
  7. jmdafk

The first bit id be inclined to agree with. But the second, on a one on one battle teamwork has no effect.
    Simple fact is, the starting, primary assault weapons - the orion utterly destroys the carv on the battlefield.

Maybe the discrepancy in the heavies equipment makes the TR appear and feel worse than they are in other areas. I personaly feel i have better options as a medic, although i still get killed at range with our best gun, i have an option to overturn even that.

Im going to spend a bit of time trying all the main weapons in VR and try and report back with a fair judgment (ok, maybe slightly TR biased as im a staunch TR'an!)
  8. Liberty

I don't know if it is still around, but for the longest time the running gag for some of the better heavy players out there was that literally the greatest threat to a kill streak was some random using a Trac-5 with no attachments.
    • Up x 1
  9. Pelojian

10. ATRA_Wampa-One

Trac-5 with no attachments > Betelgeuse.
    • Up x 1
  11. MarkAntony

i will see your Trac 5 and raise you a a Bolt-Baby.
    • Up x 1
  12. Tycoh

Let us ask the mighty magic 8 ball.
    "Does the Terran Republic in Planetside 2 have a skill ceiling?"
    Magic 8 Ball: "Outlook Good"
  13. Ronin Oni

Prowler would like a word with you (#1 performing for primary operator and #1 performing as 1/2 MBT)

Thay also had #1 performing AV Harasser, but that's getting equaled.

Not saying they don't have issues (I say this always, FRACTURE!!!!) but I think most of it is blown out of proportion.

I think their ESF rotary needs minimal buff (very minimal)
    Banshee needs some slight unnerfing (it's just laughably bad now)
    Fractures need Acc back. Tweak dmg and resistances as needed to keep it bad vs inf but maintain AV dmg.
    Striker needs CoF bloom RECOVERY buffed (less time between shots for high Acc)

Their guns are great though IMO. They have a few that need a little love, but all factions do, and while TR lose the exclusivity of Vulcan Harassers, they finally gain a long range AV for Prowlers (meaning expect to see more 2/2 Prowlers in the future)
  14. Citizen H

The TMG-50 has gained the nickname among TR as the "TMG-Shi**y"

Take it into VR and compare it to the similar Vanu long range LMG the Ursa. The TR version has a slightly higher rate of fire but has more kick side to side and vertical pull.

With the TMG you have to tap fire it at a target dummy at 60m.
    With the Ursa you can just go full auto at the same target.
    So what is the point of the TMG having a higher ROF when it can't even utilize it?

This is the problem with most TR guns. They have slightly higher rates of fire in some cases but they can't utilize them because firing full auto they bloom out of control or suffer horizontal recoil.

Sometimes they even have ridiculous penalties added on top of those accuracy problems like spin-up time and low ammo pools, like the MCG.
    • Up x 1
  15. ATRA_Wampa-One

TMG-50 should be compared to the Flare since it has the same ROF, not the Ursa.
  16. Citizen H

I compare the TMG to the Ursa because the TMG is TR's highest shot damage, highest muzzle velocity LMG, which the Ursa is for the VS. The Ursa and the TMG are designated as the long range LMGs for their factions in their written descriptions even.

If TR even had another 167 LMG with comparable MV, I'd be comparing those but they don't so I can't.

Frankly, the fact the TMG has a 20rpm higher ROF is a moot point because, as I said, it jitters so bad you can't even utilize the ROF at the ranges the two are intended to be most useful at.
    • Up x 1
  17. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yeah, I agree.

Both the TMG-50 and Ursa suck. The Flare isn't doing too much better either.

Realistically both the VS and TR LMG's need a solid balance pass like the NC got a long time ago since there are some serious duds on both factions while the only real dud with NC LMG's is the EM1... which is a clone of the Polaris and T-16.
  18. Citizen H

I'd trade you the TMG for the Ursa in a hummingbird's heartbeat.

I've got no experience with the Flare to say how it compares to the Ursa, however.
  19. ATRA_Wampa-One

Sold.

The Flare is like the Saw S... only worse in literally every conceivable way.

It's still better than the Pulsar LSW and Ursa though.
  20. MikeyGeeMan

Let's keep this focused on skill ceiling on weapons and not a this gun is better than that gun. It's simple is it true or not?