The Striker is ruining air game

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Tar, May 10, 2013.

1. Moltke

Exactly
  2. Prodigal

I get your point. But if you are TR and do not have all the lock-on that VS and NC suffer from, it's easy to talk. At least for my own part it's not merely for ME as a pilot, but for all VS and NC pilots who are significantly constricted by the massive and omnipresent Striker lock-on. ESF/Libs are very powerful and thus very important (if not decisive) in the current state of the game, and having one faction able to deny the other two factions this decisive part of warfare, while the other two factions lack the same capability, gives the TR a tactical dvantage that is way too huge to be ignored.
  3. daskleineviech

If you nerf the Striker, which would make it useless in the one area where it's actually good (anti-ground is just bad with this thing), I'll just "ruin" your air domincance with my Burster Max. Or my Skyguard. Or any of the two other lock-on launchers that do more damage in a shorter timeframe.
  4. Tormentos

My faction is of no importance and I've named my account here specifically NOT after my game account to avoid biased behavior. I only see one thing.

OP ran into a group of strikers and they locked on, fired, got him down and now he feels wronged.
    [IMG]
    OP VS T2 Striker

If OP would be TR and his Mosquito would have been cut to pieces by Vanu laser beams, he would scream for justice and nerfing of said weaponry. It doesn't work this way and nowadays too many loners stroll around in their ESF and complain when the TR brings them down with Strikers.
    I've tried the T2 Striker and believe me: One man alone needs PLENTY of time to lock on and fire all five shots and it takes time before these rockets hit, not to speak of the reload time. So... that said you can imagine that whoever gets shot down by the T2 is facing more than just one man and a group of AA units against a lone air unit... Who's going to win? Who SHOULD naturally win? Right, the AA! The T2 is alright as it seems and doesn't need to be nerfed. Instead, the common sense of some players needs a buff. If several Strikers are around, don't go in there alone. They will find you, they will lock on to you... And they will kill you.
  5. Technologist

Heavies are the only ones that can use the Strikers and you're stating Strikers are not used on air? Are you you feeling OK? ROLF

With nonsensical statements like that. You just nullified your position to put any weight on this thread.

Most of the complaints are strikers against AIR.

[/quote]
  6. Prodigal

Only that your hypothesis doesnt work, because VS laser beams cannot kill ESFs, and this is what we're talking about.

I honestly dont care about your ESF adversity, since it is not the subject here. This is what I'm trying to explain to you, but you seem to be too busy ranting about ESFs instead of following the subject. So you're basically off-topic with your comments.

The subject of this thread is how the Striker fundamentally grants the TR air superiority, which is a too big advantage for them.
  7. Prodigal

That's not what he said. Read again.
  8. Moltke

[/quote]

You're an idiot reread what I said please cuz you obviously can't think
  9. Tormentos

The T2 Striker doesn't give air supremacy, it basically transforms an area into a no-fly-zone. This is equal to other Anti-Air weapon systems, only that you can cramp it into smaller space. But keep in mind that HA units still are human and pretty allergic to headshots. It isn't the fault of TR's HA units that other factions ignore that simple fact and try to blow them up with more and more vehicles.

You folks should start reading Sun Tzu for real. "Avoid what is heavily guarded, attack what is unguarded." Which basically means that you shouldn't bang your skulls against their rocket entrenchment if you find it. Avoid them, sneak up on them, headshot each one of them and take them out one by one from a safe distance and sniping position and you should be better. If they have a Sunderer with them, good! While they watch the skies, you place some presents and start your very own firework.
  10. Gary

Wait... i didn't think we had Air game.. I thought it was all the air ignores each other and farms the ground...
  11. [HH]Mered4

This thread has degenerated into whining and flaming.

No more. I like the balance from all three sides. I play all three.

No more NERFS
  12. Technologist

You're an idiot reread what I said please cuz you obviously can't think[/quote]

Your posts are not worth reading past the second paragraph. Sum it up in one sentence without the insults and I'll read them in their entirety.

What's your I.Q. Moltke?

I passed Mensa at age 12 and passed the Mega Society test at age 18.

- Pew Pew
  13. Moltke

This doesn't even make sense.... It's a game they just keep respawning.....

Your argument should be turned around... It should be that there are so much TR air that you can c4 nc and vs maxes when they aren't looking because there is so much air

TR doesn't have to pay attention to the air because there is no air because everyone is either afraid to fly in tr air space or die immediately entering it. So there is no sneaking up and shooting people in the head....
  14. Moltke

I specified NC and VS l2read please
    • Up x 1
  15. Technologist

ROLF... Only extremely inept pilots make blanket statement like that.
  16. Moltke

Read what he wrote before yelling at me like I'm making a statement, I'm responding to him, his statement has weight in real life but you can't apply his argument to a video game
  17. Tormentos

You can't blame one faction because the other two prefer to zerg than to use tactics. IF TR outsmarts you while using what they have to their advantage, why aren't you doing the same? Every HA unit with a T2 striker needs, as all rocket launchers need, a high and open position so they can lock on with ease. High above and in the open yells for sniper fire, so snipe them down.

If you can't snipe properly, that is YOUR fault. Learn to snipe with the bulletdrop of your faction
    If you snipe properly and kill plenty of HA units instead of medics, this is YOUR fault as well.
    If you can't adjust to a given situation and go around a base/entrenchment in order to fall into their sides to cease their rocket fire... You know it: It's YOUR fault!

There are SO many ways to a base/entrenchment, not just the obvious one. And all the whining about the oh so mighty T2 Striker puts decent VS and NC players, who actually know how to handle such situations, in a bad light.
    So do yourself and them a favor: Stop complaining and learn some tactics instead of just zerging around.
  18. Tar

so... TR keeps outsmarting everyone by picking the weapon other's can't pick (and that's their fault).
    This is golden. Please go on, I want to hear more wise words.

Nyway I'm glad I'm not the only one with my feeling about the Striker. Also, I'd like to say to the devs "I told you so". The weapons were taken from PS1 and tweaked without any thought about the differences between the games and about existing weapons. There was already Annihilator in the niche of the current Striker (not PS1 Striker mind you, as it was not fire-and-forget, once LOS broke the lock broke.Guess that would be too hard to implement. But thos has all been said already).
    They should only have added lancer clones to all 3 empires. As was easily predicted, striker and phoenix only cause problems and are nearly jmpossible to balance. Too bad higby is such a knowitall, must repeat all mistakes that happened in PS1 and add his own on top.
    • Up x 2
  19. Zynero

A Hades needs 4 Shots to kill a Sunderer, but he needs to reload and that takes too much Time ( The Sunderer can drive away), but the Striker kills a Sunderer with 3 Shots in ~1.5sec! No Ground or Air have a Chance to drive/fly away!

They should really nerf the Striker to 2 Shots at a Time(Then its still the Best Rocket Launcher).

*Off Topic*
    They should add a Anti Air Rocket Launcher or Anti Air MAX Weapon for Vanu only!
  20. Tormentos

TR isn't outsmarting another faction because of weapon choice. But creating an area of denial zone IS a tactic. And from what I read, your rant proves it's a very good working one.
    If a system works, use it properly. The Phoenix doesn't need lock on, you can steer the missile and its deadly payload into the target from a safe place. And the Lancer is an instant direct hit, it only needs the target to hold still for half a second or move slowly while aiming at it.
    Get a battery of some lancers, pick a Galaxy or other vehicle, charge the guns and that Galaxy is about to get cut to pieces. All these weapons can be handled. The handling is different, yet all you do is complaining that you don't get the hang out of your handling.
    It puzzles me why you folks aren't trying to copy TR's area of denial tactic with your own weapon systems... It can't be that hard and VR Training offers plenty of targets to train such a thing.

Adaptation, improvisation... Are you guys able to do that or not?
    • Up x 1