The state of PS2 and what I feel must change.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Rockit

From what I understand DT guys moved on. They got promoted in real life thus support their families. Remember Hippo and Mirror?
  2. FoxZero

/signed to the OP.

The community aspect is something I miss dearly from WoW and what kept me playing - and playing a lot - in WoW. It's really lacking. Any sort of town area or general area would be awesome. Some place outside of vehicle spawns, in a large more free roaming area. Like capital cities, that tell a bit of the lore of PS2.
  3. VSMars

That's because those people didn't learn their lessons yet. You can defeat 50 people with 20 in this game. You just have to know where to pick your fights.

Sun Tzu's teachings are applicable to a wide range of fields - I've seen marketing courses based on it. This includes PS2.
  4. xWarMachine

That's a shame... DT used to set-up some great base defense in PS1 and would be hard as hell to kick from an interlink once they entrenched themselves. DT is non-existent in PS2, I see them kill whoring in libs, ESFs and mags but they make no impact on the front lines and that is a shame...
  5. Vashyo

there's no indication where you should be at, where the enemy is at and you have no idea where the enemy is going to go, heck you don't even know Where your forces are at, so you have no way to split your forces in a manner that can repel larger forces effectively and fast enough since bases are capped in minutes. You also have to fight at two fronts usually and you will lose the moment both sides pick you as their main focus.

Also not every player wants to be Sun Tzu, they will only play the game strategically/tactically if the game effectively encourages it or effectively punishes you for fighting losing battles.

I have never seen 20 people take on 50 and still win, crown is the only place where that may happen and why is that? Because it funnels you to these tight spaces which makes numbers matter less. Most of the base are open ground though, enemies can surround you easily and you have to look behind you all the time.

Yet the whole game is completely random. the bases have no urgency in what is important and what is not. Only tech plants matter if you dont want to inconveniently get vehicles from your warpgate. I'm infantry player mostly myself, so I don't really care of those either. Resources don't matter, you get a lot and by playing adequately you will never run out, even when you run low you will be set back by only minutes.

I'm not gonna argue about this with you though, cause I dont see there being a productive ending. You like the current system, I don't. That's it.
    • Up x 1
  6. thefinn

And that for me is the crux of it... Drives me mad trying to work out where our forces are.
    • Up x 1
  7. Rockit

Yeah I know. I wish we could interest SG (no not you Sturm homos) as well. /salute WarMachine.
  8. Destroyer9

I've seen this a few times, but logically, there are only a few 'correct' moves for each side to make after capturing one location, assuming they are trying to progress/prevent influence spread toward the next large outpost
  9. Rockit

Trust me...

10. Natir

I would love to see all these changes enacted. Do it SOE!
  11. ReactionDT

I agree with all of these changes! Bring it live.
  12. AnotherNoob

Get rid of this weird Higby guy,(or what's-his-face, only hangs out on twitter anyway) and hire buzz instead, good points all around.
  13. Eugenitor

Oh please do this SOE! This will help my ghost capping efforts tremendously, and I'll get lots more certs for doing so!
  14. Eugenitor

And here, we have the main problem. Everyone who isn't zerging sees breaking up zergs as a good thing, because it encourages more balanced fights and gives people places and reasons to fight back. On the attacking side, this kind of economy of force is what a good leader does to keep a front line moving forward- and no, it isn't some predefined path, it's a literal FRONT LINE. It encompasses every base along the way. If Buzz had any of the military acumen his followers think he does, he'd already be doing this; TE's assault would be an expanding wave capping every base, not this "one base at a time" nonsense. L2Blitzkrieg.

But The Enclave and a lot of other zergy outfits simply cannot grasp this, and they demand that the game be changed to suit their zerg. Hence all the cries for "lattice", which prevents the kind of backhacking that smaller, nimbler outfits need to be able to fight back against massed zerg.
  15. Beartornado

Tons of certs? Ghost capping is one of the least lucrative things you can do, the sole purpose being to sabotage your enemy while they're focusing their efforts elsewhere. In the several minutes you're waiting to cap the base and generator with your thumb up your butt a single player in red alert zone could earn several times the number of certs you will.

I was going to say Ghost capping would likely be removed, but I sort of agree with the post above me about giving smaller groups of players objectives to complete. The one change I would like would be a requirement to cap. The 6/6 players on a point would not contribute to the speed of the cap, but you would need 6 players to actually control the point so that it caps to your faction. It might destroy some solo play but this game is already heavily dug in to teamwork.
  16. Nacasatu

Ghost capping is akin to logging into World of Warcraft and spending 4 hours sitting in Orgrimmar on your mount.

Hopefully, fingers crossed, these server merges will really help the situation out and at the very least we can get more solo players on to Amerish and Esamir. I say solo players because big outfits can organise fights any time on either continent, or big events, but it's the lack of solo, small groups of friends and even new players going to the other two continents that make it so empty at the moment.

Well see how it all pans out anyway through the coming month after the merges.
  17. Eugenitor

Except this isn't how it works. I wouldn't be sitting around waiting for one SCU to blow up, I'd be starting several more. Unless they do even more pro-zerg stuff like prevent the SCU from being sabotaged without adjacency, I could run around the back end of the enemy and blow up every single one of their SCUs, just like I do now in bio labs, tech plants, and amp stations. By the time my team's zerg is able to cap it, I've rolled out the red carpet; everything's already destroyed for them.
  18. Herrick

So when can we start seeing Buzz's suggestions appear ingame? Because this trainwreck of a game desperately needs some sort or structure to battles, I'm sick of watching zergs play ring-a-roses back capping each other.

As for the TTK increasing it to somewhere around Dust 514 levels (for their assault class) would be ideal. Everyone that says low TTK is bad is forgetting that this game is more than "1v1 me fggt" battles. You don't need to be able to kill people in half a second on your own if you are working in a team and it would be nice for teamplay to evolve beyond respawn and resupply. Not to mention making good, consistent aim actually be a useful skill in an FPS. Oh how novel that would be.
  19. Eugenitor

Except that the adjacency system gives them value and worth. Capping a major base takes forever unless you have the minor bases around it. I can't count the number of times I've dramatically sped up one of our major caps or slowed down one of the enemy's simply by taking the minor base next door. I've even had it where the enemy zerg was sitting on a bio lab with 100% of our adjacency, waiting... waiting... waaaaaiting.. for it to cap, while the rest of us started to gobble up huge chunks of the map. Oh, they had the points, so it did cap for them.. eventually.

If they had the sense to realize "oh hey wait we're getting backhacked hard, some guys need to go deal with that", we wouldn't have been able to pull that off. But no, they had to sit there for that capture XP.
  20. Being@RT

I noticed today(no idea how long it has been there), in usersettings.ini: