The next patch! What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vepo, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Seppuku

Bugs that need fixing

• Spawning as infantry with full shield and no health
    • Spawning as infantry and taking damage immediately after
    • Sunderer disappearing (yes, I'm aware of the timer)
    • First Hat/FOV on joystick- All keybinds bug out after first click no matter what button I assign it to on the Hat/FOV. Other two hats work fine so I'm not willing to trade fixing the first one if the fix breaks one of the others.
    Changes I'd like to see

• Change it so that you're still not zoomed in after reloading as infantry, or at least give a option to toggle this on/off. I can't remember ever playing a shooter where it's been set up like this. Not only annoying as hell but has gotten me killed countless times.
    • Yaw on joystick- I'm trying to lean how to fly with my joystick but the amount of yaw I'm able to use (joystick uses analog yaw) seems like it's chopped in half (if not worse) compared to when I use mouse and keyboard. Maybe add an analog option for this or give it it's own sensitivity setting? I don't know but something would be nice.
    Other stuff

• Find all the hackers and exploiters and permanently ban them. I don't care how much money they've given or will give. If they come back keep banning them until they give up (I realize it isn't that easy so good luck ^^).
    • Have a moderator stop by the warp gates as often as possible to watch for people griefing by flipping and/or destroying other peoples vehicles on purpose. Permanently ban these people as well. Ruining other peoples enjoyment of the game on purpose should not be tolerated.
    • Up x 1
  2. Seppuku

Something else I thought of. Make thermal the same range as IR on everything. The advantages of thermal are minimal in my opinion + it costs more.
  3. BobJohnson

I'd love to see population balance per continent. No more 60%+ of one faction per continent.
  4. RykerStruvian

I would like it if they fix the rendering issue so I can snipe footzergs with my Dalton.
  5. Nate

A metagame needs to be added. Endless circling captures of bases gets old.

If the amount of territory my faction held across the continents was signficant in increasing our cert gain rate. Then we would care much more about gaining and losing territory.
    • Up x 2
  6. Stormlight666

(1) Critical Damage warnings and beeping for Base Turrets. And to make them a LOT tougher to kill. On a side note it'd be nice to have engineers be given a Turret Cert Tree of skills to either upgrade them or be better as firing turrets.
    (2) A longer range on the engineer repair gun and a slight increase to speed on a lvl 6 fully certed nano-repair gun.
    (3) Make it so HACKING isn't Permanent, and has the vehicle deconstruction timer of 5 minutes if it is unoccupied. Then it goes back to base ownership.
    (4) A fix to make infantry spawn at normal range during heavy base fights - i'm tired of them going invisible halfway along a basewalll while you're trying to shoot them due to hitting the shortened render distance due to big fights.
    (5) BETTER BASE LAYOUTS! And a reason to actually defend one.
    (6) DOORS! and a REK to equip (in one of your slots - pistol, utility, etc.) to open it. AND certs to do it faster.
    (7) Make AA Base Turrets do more damage - and increase that damage the closer the aircraft is to the base turret itself. This way the Liberator who normally mocks you by moving to close point-blank range while you unload on it, laughing, before it kills you will get it's a$$ handed to it by getting that close for a change.
    • Up x 1
  7. Stormlight666

And I want it so you have to sit perfectly still to hit them, or the lower speeds like the libs had in PS1.
  8. Rhapsody

9. Skadi

2 words
    Bug... Fixes...
    Burn in hell, if you cant hit ground targets with G2A dumbfires you are just straight up horrible.
  10. ChooseYourSide

-Bonus XP for kill streaks without hitting friendlies. The longer the kill streak without friendly fire, the greater the bonus. Bonus only applies for 10 or more unique kills. XP bonus also increases as the number of unique kills increases.
  11. Maniaboo

More XP for killing someone who has been alive longer.
    In PS1 if you killed a guy straight out of the spawn room you got 1 xp depending on how long they had been alive and what they had killed you could get 1000 xp easy for killing one guy even higher for vejhicles if I remember correctly. its been a while ;-)
    • Up x 1
  12. Tuco

PS1 cloaked AMS, PS1 mines, PS1 spitfires, PS1 motion detectors.
    • Up x 3
  13. Maniaboo

Same with bases you got XP on the time it took to take the base and how many xp you gained while taking it .
    If you just turned up to a base and not even killed anything you got a few xp.

If youd been there for 1/2 hr and killed nothing you got little xp ,
    but if you had been there i think the limit was 1/2 hr and got lots of xp during that time while fighting for the base then you got maximum xp for that base.
  14. ChooseYourSide

-Allow shielded doors to be hacked by Infiltrators to allow infantry to pass through them

-Implement a base map that shows at a glance which capture points, shields, turrets, terminals, etc. - represented with a dot of light - are undamaged (on), in need of repair or hacked (blinking), or destroyed (off).

-AoE shield for Engineers with a cool down timer to allow for additional protection against Lib bombing and for strategic attacking / defense of bases and choke points; lasts for 10 seconds to start; Infantry can move through it but the Engineer is frozen in place when shield is active.
  15. ZtriDer

Above all ells, improved rendering distance. That would fix a lot of problems and balance issues could then be attended propperly.
  16. eckart

well there is a lot of rather unimportant stuff beeing thrown around? my turn, declining priority:

-highest
    critical bug fixes. mass crash has the potential to destroy the game if it is actually an abusable exploit. so is the flimmering into memory leak, or some of the hacks going around.

-high
    game performance. it does not take a business expert to see that releasing a game using the f2p model that requires players to buy intel. then oc a high end system AND change settings through editing the useroptions.ini file to extra low to get a stable fps rate above 40-50 fps in arbitrarily populated scenes is propably NOT a good idea. optimize

infantry rendering distance. really, what was the idea behind doing it like this when the idea is massive scale battles?

-still high
    metagame. now, continent conquest will take a lot of time to implement, in the meantime, best they can do on short notice is to implement incentives for players to actually fight on a empire underpopulated continent, defend bases, not ghost cap etc. etc.. there is a bit more creativity required to fix this, but many ideas have been proposed.

gameplay bugfixes. there are many, but yeah. stuff like c4 glitching out and such, its all important.

tutorial, involvement with the background of the game, different model for the weapons (at least for the player holding it), polish the game like this to capture players.

if above things did not improve general population for the low pop servers, you need to think about solutions. merging servers would be best, but people say very bad pr...well, think about something.

-modest
    balance. im propably putting this here because im vanu : D, however, balance between empires is not asymmetrical enough to be put higher, which doesnt mean its not important, just that id say above things need to be adressed first. liberators are probably the biggest problem here.

however, whatever they do, they should NOT release copy paste weaopns with the same model and minor differences in stats for 700 sc or such. this will leave a very bad taste in everyones mouth and to suspicious minds it would appear theyre already trying to milk a game they somewhat gave up on instead of actually trying to fight. would be a shame, because this game has the potential to be super awesome. its already much fun : )
  17. Seppuku

An /ignore chat command with a unlimited number of people you can ignore. This way I don't have to worry about someone from Brazil using command chat to recruit for his outfit.

Also, when I mute someone I would like for the game to remember it. This is so I don't have to mute the same person each time I log into the game because all they do is sit at warpgate spawn, blast music as loud as they can, block the main door with a engineer turret and actually getting mad at the people telling them to stop being a ********* by blocking the door.
  18. JohnnyMaverik

Realistic changes:

1. Improved performance, just a tad more and my frame rate will be constantly above 20 (playable enough). Atm I get a range of about 15 - 60, normally hovers around the 25 - 35 mark... which is an insane range although I know that's because it's CPU bound. Also I swear there's some kind of memory leak going on because performance gets way worse after a couple of hours.

2. Better infantry weapon balance, between different kinds of weapons not just factions. At the moment the game is far too ROF and recoil centric... which is why NC are underpowered (before some quotes and L2P's this statement, I play Vanu). Not enough variation in weapon damages, basically only 1 weapon where increased damage ability means it can hold up as a hard hitter, the SAW, all other high damage low ROF and high recoil weapons are useless (see Flare VS for good example). Not including Shotguns and Battle-Rifles of course

3. Make ammo attachments actually make you better at long or short range, at the moment penalties outweight the benefits way too much to bother.

3. Libs have 20% less HP, too hard to take down ATM.

4. A2G rockets should fire much slower, more accurately, in smaller groupings. Basically completely take it out as a realistic anti infantry weapon and let it exist as anti armour instead, one weapon should not be able to farm everything on the ground. It should also not be able to take out a MBT in one spam. Before somebody shouts flak armour, nobody uses flak armour.

5. A30 Walker is still useless. Make it less so please.

6. Improve defence incentive / add reward.

7. Lock continent pop for individual factions to 40% or add giant bonuses for playing in a continent with a low faction pop, and penalty for a high one.

Unrealistic changes:

1. Buff NC damage across all weapons... so they stop whining, increase all TR ROF by 20, then they can **** about easy mode Vanu as if we asked to go from whipping boys to OP gods

2. Make AA rockets faster... like 2x so, too easy to dodge by doing not much at all in terms of evasive manoeuvres.

3. Put a roof on Tech plants and/or Amp stations (as in the whole thing). Infantry battles FTW. But make sure there are tons of entrances, but not big enough for anything other than a Max to run through.

4. Rotating warp gates.

5. Continent lock downs (make it harder to cap points, as in you need 6 people on every point at a base for the bar to move). When a continent is taken, it locks for 24 hours minimum.

6. Introduce lattice system... never played PS1 but it sounds interesting, if it doesn't work take it out again.
  19. FjollerikDK

• Lockdown timer on bases
    • Responsiveness when you click the "map" button. Right now it lags.
    • Make other classes than Engineer useful in vehicles. 99.9% of the people in vehicles/airplanes are Engineers.
    • Grenade animations and physics are weird and needs to be looked at.
    • Penalty for Team killings in a row. Too much griefing going on.
    • A tutorial.. learn the basics, the icons and so on before you get into the action.
  20. ArcKnight

1. optimization for low end PC's and I mean not raising the min ram from 4GB ( in beta they made a 2GB game 4GB ) i don't see how that's optimizing
    2. Fix the rendering distance especially of infiltrators
    3. Fix the falling through the planet bug
    4. Fix the infantry being headless and the vehicles appear to have no turrets
    5. Fix the medical applicator
    6. Fix the players and vehicles and aircraft's disappearing
    7. Fix the world/sky flickers
    8. Fix the client
    9. Fix the game crashes
    10. Fix the SkyGuard
    11. Fix the unlimited grenade bug
    12. Fix the Damage not taking affect when being hit Or shooting someone
    13. Fix the Cert prices
    14. Fix the cooldown timer on vehicles by making it last 1hour
    15. Fix the infiltrator and give them better stuff
    16. Fix the stupid players ( actually thats can't be fixed )
    17. Fix the cheaters ( get rid of them )
    18. improve base design to be more defensible put shields to every sing door
    19. give the engineers the AV and AA turrets you promised them
    20. Extreme Nerf vehicles & aircraft's , there's too much spamming and too much unskilled XP/cert farming and it's killing the infantry aspect of the game
    21. Give AV weapons to Infiltrators like EMP guns ( this could be no:15 )
    22. Fix the lag in heavy battles
    23. Fix the delay in respawning ( i hit the respawn button a million times before anything happens )
    24. Fix the triple loading screen
    25. Give cert upgrades for grenades
    26. We'll be the ones judging if it's fixed or not, so son't say its fixed just say " We've Implemented a solution that might work "
    27. Finally FIX EVERYTHING already SOE we've been telling you the same thing's over and over again a billion times since BETA so FIX it