The new Bandit is perfect! Thank you SOE!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by OddChelsea, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Llaf

Paperlamp, you seem to dislike everything the TR has other than(I'm assuming here) how they look/faction lore. Perhaps you should consider rolling NC, you may be happier there.
    • Up x 4
  2. Epic High Five

The SAW can hold its own in CQC with hipfire. Any gun can. The only time hipfire statistics are actually relevant are a) if you're jumping, b) if you're using a sniper rifle, or c) if you're wanting to hipfire in the 15-30m range that's best ADSed in. The Razor is only something you use in hipfire scenarios if you're crazy. Get out of the way, and explode heads from a distance. Any gun is going to seem bad if you try to make it work with you instead of the other way around.

The reason it can hold its own is that it only requires a couple rounds to connect for a knife to insta-kill someone. Wanna talk DPS? Nothing beats 625 damage in 0 seconds :p

Also yeah, realized my mistake after. It confuses me because I use both the Razor and Pulsar C a lot, and their nearly identical handling always makes me assume they have identical attachments as well :(
  3. OddChelsea

I made this thread just for this post to happen. I just didn't know it at the time.
    • Up x 4
  4. Odin

Paperlamp, we get it. You love tr and want them to have the best stuff. I understand that. But saying things like straight vertical recoil is better than left or right shows how little you understand the weapon dynamics. Random horizontal recoil is what you get when you have straight up no bias. It has been documented, shown in videos by wrel and every other great player as the worst recoil pattern you can get. Please ask any player with any knowledge about it. It's a known fact that a left or right recoil is preferred to the random recoil you get from the center.
    I can't make you see that being able to compensate for a right or left recoil is preferable to random recoil but maybe if you talk to one of the better players you know u will believe that. Or go watch every weapon video about it since the game opened.
    When you make arguments like saying center recoil is better then left or right, it just makes your points all look bad.
    • Up x 3
  5. Koldorn

You can't even see any of the T-Rex's purple.
    Nerf VS camo coverage.
  6. vanu123

I wish the VS got another 167 damage carbine or the RPM of the zenith should be increased to 750-770.
  7. Koldorn

Just looking at some numbers...
    Turns out the Zenith is just a worse Jaguar. XD VS should be up in arms about that to, right? Like the TR are with their Cougar.

RoF: Jaguar (750) Zenith (723)
    MV: Jaguar (440) Zenith (465)
    Mag Size: Jaguar (40) Zenith (30)
    Ammo Reserve: Jaguar (240) Zenith (180)
    Reload, Short: Jaguar (2.755) Zenith (2.215)
    Reload, Long: Jaguar (3.89) Zenith (2.53)
    Recoil Angle: Jaguar (0/0) Zenith (2/5)
    Recoil Magnitude: Jaguar (.31) Zenith (.332)
    First Shot Multiplier: Jaguar (2.1) Zenith (2.5)
  8. Cinnamon

Already got 3k in the bank on my NC with nothing I want to unlock so I'm ready.
  9. Cinnamon

Jag is worthless because of the horizontal recoil so it isn't worth comparing to anything much.
  10. Koldorn

That's the joke, the Zenith's horizontal recoil is worse.
    • Up x 2
  11. minhalexus

XD, he stated the recoil angle and magnitude, the Jaguar being better (in the good way) in both.
  12. Goretzu

Honestly I'm genuinely impressed at your ability to downplay everything TR (and then up play it if the NC then gets it). :)

It's like saying the EM6 is worthless because of the Anchor (or MSW-R).

I'd describe the Jag in many ways, "worthless" is absolutely not one of them ("arguably best Carbine in game" might be), the Bandit might be slightly weaker than the Jag, but it too will definately not be "worthless", even so.
    • Up x 2
  13. Cinnamon

That is vertical recoil not horizontal.

I've done some testing and it isn't worse than the Jag at all with the grip at least.
  14. minhalexus

So its worse without the grip?
  15. Cinnamon

Not tested much without grip on either weapon. I know at least for Jaguar that grip is the only way to make it semi viable although it's still bad with it.
  16. minhalexus

And I dont know what you're talking about now.
    Jaguar has a very controllable recoil.

If you said that for Trac-5 i could have agreed.
  17. Cinnamon

Horizontal recoil is totally uncontrollable unless you use a foreward grip and Jaguar has a ton of it.
  18. minhalexus

Does Jaguar has forward grip? Yes it does.

Besides its up to you to buy the fore-grip on your guns.

Me personally did not feel the need of using a 100 certs for a gun whose recoil is fairly controllable.
    That being said i only use the Jaguar in close-mid.

I heard you said that recoil angle/magnitude is not horizontal recoil, then what is?
    If its not specified on the spreadsheet, then its safe to assume that TR is getting better horizontal recoil on certain guns.
  19. Cinnamon

Horizontal recoil is not always listed in every place. If it is listed you would see two figure like 0.2 minimum horizontal recoil and 0.225 maximum horizontal recoil using the Orion as an example. To give some extreme examples Jag would be 0.245, 0.275 and Corvus would be 0.15, 0.15. Horizontal recoil is when the weapon could either jump to left or right randomly with every shot and it cannot be compensated for manually with automatic fire. Even if you keep the jaguar dead on target and burst fire on a target past a certain range too many shots will fly to the left or right.

You are wrong about assuming that a TR weapon would get "better" horizontal recoil because TR weapons often have much worse horizontal recoil for no real good reason at all.
  20. minhalexus

Actually i meant that TR might get better horizontal recoil in this patch. (as heard from some people)
    Considering there is no spreadsheeting stating that they arent.